Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 09:07 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times

Advertisements

Thanks for posting that...let's go get em.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 09:12 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Count me in as someone who is pleased that the so-called administration actually respects the so-called Constitution of the so-called United States.

Thanks for the laugh but this is veering off topic since this thread isn't about political affiliations (of which I have none), or likes / dislikes of current and past administrations.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:28 PM

6,259 posts, read 5,066,250 times
Quote:
Thank you, Juneaubound, for proving my point that the American justice system is more than adequate in dealing with the pantybomber. Case closed. Next.
Looks like shoe-bomber-dude is put away for life. Great.

But speaking specifically about panty-bomber-dude, I'd be a little less interested in an adequate American judicial system that can "deal with" this terrorist, and a little more interested in wringing every damn piece of information out of him that I could get.

Lawyering him up and applying our constitutional rights to this case is ridiculous. Agree or disagree - it doesn't matter. Because if MY family had been on that plane they could have handed him over to me, and I would have gotten the information this country needs to know. There IS no moral high ground that should ever justify or excuse the death of innocent Americans.

Case closed. Next.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:33 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post

But speaking specifically about panty-bomber-dude, I'd be a little less interested in an adequate American judicial system that can "deal with" this terrorist, and a little more interested in wringing every damn piece of information out of him that I could get.

Lawyering him up and applying our constitutional rights to this case is ridiculous. Agree or disagree - it doesn't matter. Because if MY family had been on that plane they could have handed him over to me, and I would have gotten the information this country needs to know. There IS no moral high ground that should ever justify or excuse the death of innocent Americans.

Case closed. Next.

Excellent post!

Old 12-30-2009, 09:36 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,267,751 times
Quote:

In that case you should rest easy. The dude has been singing like a canary.

Quote:
We in the United States live in a nation governed by laws. We have our justice system and the constitution. It has served us magnificently for over 200 years. There is no need to discard our systems and our processes merely because you have some bee in your bonnet about how to extract information from a terrorist.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:50 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,842,168 times
Something I've noticed is that every picture they show of this kid (panty, crotch bomber) that he has nothing in his eyes or face...no emotion, not even anger, just blank. On one news channel last night they interviewed a former FBI profiler (I think he was) and he said there is no real profile for someone like this. This kid reminds me of the ones that did the school shootings, then there are serial killers, Timothy McVeigh, the people that go postal at work...anything can happen anywhere and I would bet we have lost more people on the ground in the US due to these types, versus the 'typically perceived' profile of a terrorist. What also comes to mind is the wacko that went off shooting at the Soldotna Hospital a little over a year ago...it just proves profiling is not going to work effectively to keep everyone else safe.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:51 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Its a big question preserve the rights of every accused person or not. Numerous studies show that torture produces false information. That said, when you are dealing with an animal you put them down when they go mad.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:51 PM

6,259 posts, read 5,066,250 times
Quote:
We in the United States live in a nation governed by laws. We have our justice system and the constitution. It has served us magnificently for over 200 years. There is no need to discard our systems and our processes merely because you have some bee in your bonnet about how to extract information from a terrorist.
I would like to live in your world. I would LOVE to live in your world. I think everyone on here would. But these people don't play by the same set of rules that we do. They want to kill us. And they will keep on trying to kill us until we stop them.

Don't ever forget.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv4s3fn8jDc

Old 12-30-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
I would like to live in your world I would LOVE to live in your world.
My world is in the United States and everyone in this world is governed by a set of laws, processes and above all, by the Constitution. It is a robust world and it has done very well for itself even in the face of severe challenges. If you would like to live in my world, you will have to learn to abide by its ways.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:00 PM

And one more thing - I want my world to be free to the maximum extent possible. I want not to live in a state of perpetual fear because of what happened on 9/11. Take every possible step to prevent those who want to do us harm from succeeding, YES. Live in constant fear and throw out our cherished institutions, NO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska