Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 05:29 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,801,597 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZApBgNQgKPU

What do you think? Any Brazilians want to add their own opinions/observations?

Old 06-12-2014, 12:00 AM

6,385 posts, read 11,886,305 times
Fair criticism but why this happened after all the money was already spent? Why did it become a big national protest a year before and not the day after it got awarded?

Old 06-12-2014, 04:04 AM

75 posts, read 107,197 times
bring your bulletproof vest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RISSRL31vbY

Old 06-12-2014, 06:58 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,793,025 times
Well, a lot of senseless bullsh*t

Old 06-12-2014, 07:03 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,244,838 times
It's become a boondoggle. I think they'll manage in haste to make it look at least presentable but at best this will be a wash for Brazil PR wise. They clearly were not ready and FIFA needs to do a much better job of evaluating hosts.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:08 AM

Official hotsite of Brazilian government with detailed reports of the money spent with the World Cup, with total transparency:

Portal da TransparĂȘncia - Copa 2014

The total cost of the World Cup between 2007 and 2014: BRL 25.608.111.426,94

That's 25 billion Reais.

And that's NOT money spent JUST with stadiums and arenas. That's the total amount, including infrastructure works for the World Cup, like roads, bridges, tunnels, rail lines, etc.

And that's the total of money spent by all spheres of government (federal, state, local)

Now, do you know how much the Brazilian federal government (ONLY the federal government, not to mention state and local governments) has spent with Healthcare and Education in the same time frame (2007 to 2014)?

OVER 500 BILLION REAIS

More than 20 times the whole amount of money spent with the World Cup.

Brazil is a nation that completely eliminated hunger in the past 15 years, a nation where thousands of schools, hospitals and public clinics were built in the past 10 years, and it can SURELY host a World Cup without any feelings of guilt.

All the "critiscism" has only political motivation, and come both from the part of the ultra radical left-wing parties (PSOL and PSTU) and from the right-wing parties, both with interests in the general elections that will happen in Brazil just 3 months after the World Cup, when both the ultra-left and the right-wing intend to defeat the moderate left-wing government of the Workers' Party (PT)

Old 06-12-2014, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
It's become a boondoggle. I think they'll manage in haste to make it look at least presentable but at best this will be a wash for Brazil PR wise. They clearly were not ready and FIFA needs to do a much better job of evaluating hosts.

Why Brazil is not ready for the World Cup?

Tell me a single reason why "we are not ready"....

So far, both the teams, the international press and the tourists are being very well received, and are having no problems at all.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:12 AM

3,804 posts, read 6,172,700 times
Just LOLing it up at the world seeing the real Brazil just like they got to see the real Russia in Sochi. Hopefully, they won't go the full Sochi and start civil unrest in neighboring countries though. Best part is we'll get to do it all over again for the Olympics.

And I hate soccer, but I find this aspect of the World Cup entertaining.

Last edited by AuburnAL; 06-12-2014 at 07:14 AM.. Reason: Wanted to add my last two sentences.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:36 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,244,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
Why Brazil is not ready for the World Cup?

Tell me a single reason why "we are not ready"....

So far, both the teams, the international press and the tourists are being very well received, and are having no problems at all.
You can't be serious. Read all the press worldwide. The airports are not ready, the roads aren't ready, the STADIUMS are still being finalized with one notably already being confirmed that it will not be finalized and will have to be used in its incomplete state. Not to mention everything that is going on politically at the moment over there.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...brazil-kickoff

Last edited by NooYowkur81; 06-12-2014 at 07:44 AM..

Old 06-12-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Just LOLing it up at the world seeing the real Brazil just like they got to see the real Russia in Sochi. Hopefully, they won't go the full Sochi and start civil unrest in neighboring countries though. Best part is we'll get to do it all over again for the Olympics.

And I hate soccer, but I find this aspect of the World Cup entertaining.

I'm LOLing too: the world will see the REAL BRAZIL now, in the World Cup, when the journalists of the whole world will be here to discover, to their shock, that those images of "massive protests" in 2013 were just bullsh*t, and that Brazil is a modern country, where people - even the poor - live in solid houses made of brics, with running water and electricity, and have flat screen TVs, laptops and smartphones, and everyone has plenty of food to eat, and there is free education and free healthcare for those who don't want to pay for it (those who want to pay for private education and private healthcare are free for doing so, if it's their will).

All the propaganda against Brazil comes down now, with thousands of journalists seeing the daily life of real Brazil, a country that is improving fast and becoming better and better to live each day that passes.

After one month "living in Brazil", the international journalists will realize that all those people "complaining about everything" are nothing more than political militants with political motivations, and that the real people have a reasonably good life, and plenty of reason to celebrate the joy of being Brazilian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas