Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 12:27 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,791,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karstic View Post
Places like Guatemala and El Salvador were the main exporters of coofee to Germany before WWII, so you find people of German ancestry. Guatemala mainly with Arbenz.

Paraguay, all German nuts end up there..the third language is German.

Some Deustche Schule are die-hard, some lowered the swastica in the 60's

They were also in Honduras, my cousin is German from his Honduran side.

Germans pretty much went all over Latin America. Mexicans artist Frida Kahlo's dad was German.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 01:32 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Argentinian pupils wearing Nazi armbands attack Jewish students*in 'Mengele village'

When are the locals going to purge their country of this stain?
You know, I don't get it. Why the Jews, and why perpetuate this, generations later? Who even cares, I mean--why are Jews a target? It's irrational. It seems strangely arbitrary. Do these kids even have any understanding of why a seemingly random (from their perspective) ethnicity was chosen to be the object of hatred? Or is it just some kind of game for them?

Old 08-30-2016, 01:34 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Places like Guatemala and El Salvador were the main exporters of coofee to Germany before WWII, so you find people of German ancestry. Guatemala mainly with Arbenz.
Arbenz? Was he German? He was very progressive, unfortunately for him and his country. The US didn't approve of his reforms.

Old 08-30-2016, 09:04 PM

70 posts, read 70,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You know, I don't get it. Why the Jews, and why perpetuate this, generations later? Who even cares, I mean--why are Jews a target? It's irrational. It seems strangely arbitrary. Do these kids even have any understanding of why a seemingly random (from their perspective) ethnicity was chosen to be the object of hatred? Or is it just some kind of game for them?
Well, it's a hate crime committed by a group of edgy morons who choose to hate people for whatever dumb reason. And it's not just Jews either, hate crimes happen literally every day to all sorts of people. Black people, Muslims, Asians, Latinos, gay people, Christians and even white people are subjected to bigotry, it's nothing new.

Old 08-31-2016, 05:55 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,328,483 times
Quote:
Arbenz? Was he German? He was very progressive, unfortunately for him and his country. The US didn't approve of his reforms.

He was of German-descent. I believe, a German-Guatemalan told me, that Guatemala was dominated by twelve families and that some had a German origin, that was a long time ago and the country went from being a paradise to hell. It was sort of Arcadia from many people in the past.

Other German-descent were conservative, such as Stroessner in Paraguay, Banzer, etc.

Old 08-31-2016, 08:37 AM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
Quote:
I think most of them still buy into the conspiracy theory that Jews run the global economy and are behind the New World Order, etc.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:35 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,397,426 times
Quote:
Yeah very unfortunate. Guatemala hasn't recovered from that yet.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:04 PM

302 posts, read 308,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Neo-nazis exist all across the world - it's just a fact of life.
These are not Neo-Nazis these are direct descendants of Hitler's regime and torch carriers to the party.Not the psuedo Neo Nazi stuff we see today.

Quote:

Paraguay, all German nuts end up there..the third language is German.

Some Deustche Schule are die-hard, some lowered the swastica in the 60's
Some townsin South America (Baroliche) , German is the first or 2nd language, no lie.

Last edited by PrizeWinner; 09-01-2016 at 01:18 PM..

Old 09-01-2016, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Yeah very unfortunate. Guatemala hasn't recovered from that yet.
Do you know much about this period of Guatemalan history?

Old 09-01-2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLivetoEarth View Post
Countries like mexico received very few european immigrants compared to the southern cone.
You can start a post about that on the Mexico board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas