Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 05:44 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times

Advertisements

I have to book a hotel to stay in in Bogota. I might actually want to book 2 different hotels in different areas as I will be in the city for a few days leaving and be coming back again for a few additioanl days.

I got to admit I have been watching and reading some stuff online and I am getting pretty nervious.

I want to be in the "nice" safer part of Bogota...

I 100% don't want to be anywhere near this side of Bogota ...

I am getting the impression these 2 parts of the same city are not that far apart.

Any suggestions as to where should I 100% avoid. Where should I try to stay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017, 06:15 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,725,678 times
Ibis Museo

Old 03-11-2017, 08:49 AM

I was thinking of that place. They have a 24 hour restaurant. I hope a swimming pool and a gym too. As long as he can eat and drink good coffee that will keep him quite. As long as there is a pool the kid will not complain too much.

Old 03-11-2017, 12:00 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,725,678 times
I really don't think you're grasping the concept of the destination you're actually going to. Asking for a swimming pool in Bogota is like asking for a swimming pool in London. It's not commonplace in hotels because the weather isn't really apt for one. Also Ibis is not a brand exactly known for having pools and all these other amenities. It's more a good value type hotel.

Casa Dann Carlton & Spa has a decent pool near upscale area of parque 93.

Old 03-11-2017, 01:35 PM

881 posts, read 923,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post

I 100% don't want to be anywhere near this side of Bogota ...

The first pic looks like some remote town attacked by guerrillas, probably many years ago, nothing much to do with Bogota. The third pic is Bangkok, according to the source.

The second pic corresponds to a pheripherical area of the city, you will never visit these places and there are no hotels there anyway (at least not the tourist kind). It's just residential areas for the poorest people.

Old 03-11-2017, 02:05 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Actually, that "bad side" to bogota is pretty far away from everything in the south. You won't see anything like that unless you're looking for it. I stayed in both Zona Rosa and La Candelaria when I was there. I really enjoyed both places. Both had their positives.

Old 03-12-2017, 12:46 AM

Default ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
I really don't think you're grasping the concept of the destination you're actually going to. Asking for a swimming pool in Bogota is like asking for a swimming pool in London. It's not commonplace in hotels because the weather isn't really apt for one. Also Ibis is not a brand exactly known for having pools and all these other amenities. It's more a good value type hotel.

Casa Dann Carlton & Spa has a decent pool near upscale area of parque 93.
Oh my god is this like penguin gate all over again!!!! I never checked the weather either before booking lol .

..... but I did see hotels with swimminh pools in it . I think it is pretty safe to stay I am really not prepared for this trip

Old 03-12-2017, 12:51 AM

Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by joacocanal View Post
The first pic looks like some remote town attacked by guerrillas, probably many years ago, nothing much to do with Bogota. The third pic is Bangkok, according to the source.

The second pic corresponds to a pheripherical area of the city, you will never visit these places and there are no hotels there anyway (at least not the tourist kind). It's just residential areas for the poorest people.
Bangkok ...lol. Well that is reassuring lol. You know what .... I am not sure what I am doing .....lol. But it would not be the first or the last time I just roll in to another country unprepared.

Old 03-12-2017, 12:53 AM

Default .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Actually, that "bad side" to bogota is pretty far away from everything in the south. You won't see anything like that unless you're looking for it. I stayed in both Zona Rosa and La Candelaria when I was there. I really enjoyed both places. Both had their positives.
Ya.... I really need to look at the map tomorrow and just pick 2 placing in near 2 attractions.

Old 03-12-2017, 04:33 PM

11,055 posts, read 6,643,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Ya.... I really need to look at the map tomorrow and just pick 2 placing in near 2 attractions.

We might need to spend a few days in Bogota too. What ARE the attractions?
I did the same thing looking at hotels as you. "Where are the swimming pools?" Never taking the weather into consideration, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas