Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2017, 08:57 AM

881 posts, read 921,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by etek View Post
I don't know, klm, some women were born to be sluts. In poor countries sluts sometimes ask for money.
It seems that in Colombia feminism fell on her ass.
aren't you Brazilian? your country is full of prostitutes and sexual tourism...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 09:41 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,720,754 times
Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by etek View Post
I don't know, klm, some women were born to be sluts. In poor countries sluts sometimes ask for money.
It seems that in Colombia feminism fell on her ass.
There was this thread in another part of the forum talking about why there appears to be more homeless men or men that were beggars on the street. I thought about the ratios of homeless mem or beggars in my own city and not notice a major difference...... but it did also reminded me that there likely way more female sex trade workers vs male sex trade workers. So that is likely a major difference between extreme poverty for men vs women. Extremely poor women have a higher tendency to fall in to this line of work.

I have been doing a lot of reading relating this topic over the last few years. I think it is not really fair to label sex trade workers as "sults" a good number of these wonen are forced in to this industry and often by men.

Also the "****" labelling in not fair. Men are encouraged to pursue sexual experiences... while women are expected to to refrain from enjoying these experiences. If a women in a relationship with a man acts conservative about sex she is labeled a prude .... but if she actually tries to exjoy the experience she is labeled a ****.

A lot of these young girls who end up in this trade are actually mothers. They meet guys/ men who act like they love them and make them feel special. They pressure them in to have sex, get them pregnant and basically abandon them once they get bored of them. Then male moves on ... while the young girl who is now a young, likely uneducated mother is suck. She not only has to take care of herself ( which I could not do as a teenager)... but she has a baby to take care of. I get the fear and desperation. I had a baby when I was totally broke and out of work. I was educated, married and had parents supporting me and I was terrified. I cant even imagine how scared an desperate a girl living in extreme poverty must feel.

I blame the men who are using these services and guys/ men that take advantage of girls/ women in general ex getting girls/ womem pregnant then abandoning them for the problem. They are a real sluts.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:45 AM

Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by joacocanal View Post
aren't you Brazilian? your country is full of prostitutes and sexual tourism...
Lots of places are. No place is free from these issues. My city has issues like this ... but it is not as prevalent.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:24 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,965,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
There was this thread in another part of the forum talking about why there appears to be more homeless men or men that were beggars on the street. I thought about the ratios of homeless mem or beggars in my own city and not notice a major difference...... but it did also reminded me that there likely way more female sex trade workers vs male sex trade workers. So that is likely a major difference between extreme poverty for men vs women. Extremely poor women have a higher tendency to fall in to this line of work.

I have been doing a lot of reading relating this topic over the last few years. I think it is not really fair to label sex trade workers as "sults" a good number of these wonen are forced in to this industry and often by men.

Also the "****" labelling in not fair. Men are encouraged to pursue sexual experiences... while women are expected to to refrain from enjoying these experiences. If a women in a relationship with a man acts conservative about sex she is labeled a prude .... but if she actually tries to exjoy the experience she is labeled a ****.

A lot of these young girls who end up in this trade are actually mothers. They meet guys/ men who act like they love them and make them feel special. They pressure them in to have sex, get them pregnant and basically abandon them once they get bored of them. Then male moves on ... while the young girl who is now a young, likely uneducated mother is suck. She not only has to take care of herself ( which I could not do as a teenager)... but she has a baby to take care of. I get the fear and desperation. I had a baby when I was totally broke and out of work. I was educated, married and had parents supporting me and I was terrified. I cant even imagine how scared an desperate a girl living in extreme poverty must feel.

I blame the men who are using these services and guys/ men that take advantage of girls/ women in general ex getting girls/ womem pregnant then abandoning them for the problem. They are a real sluts.
The women could have had abortions or used birth control. They have a lot of responsibility in this. Ultimately someone treats you bad only if you let them.

Old 04-01-2017, 03:38 PM

Default .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
The women could have had abortions or used birth control. They have a lot of responsibility in this. Ultimately someone treats you bad only if you let them.
Again ridiculously unfair. Abortions and birth control are not free especially for girls/ women living in extreme poverty. Abortions are also not legal in all places still. Many women die as a result of complications associated with have abortions in countries where it is illegal and tge process is not regulated.

Re the 2nd comment. Whatever.....
I can tell with 100% certainly that statement does not prove true in many situations. It is just not as simple as that.

Last edited by klmrocks; 04-01-2017 at 03:50 PM..

Old 04-01-2017, 07:12 PM

Hey..... I forgot to mention I am loving the diet pop options here..... ex Diet Colombiana and Dirt Manzana !

Old 04-02-2017, 06:15 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,720,875 times
Quote:
I am not sure I will have time. I am leaving to go to Cartagena now and only will have 2 days left in Bogota when I get back. There is a lot to see and do in Colombia. I also wish his have been interested in going to a Natinal Park.
You should definitely try to make some time to explore the countryside around Bogota. It's beautiful even if you have to get up early. Zipaquira or Guatavita are both good options but you can also do something much closer like La Calera or Chingaza. Nothing like being above the clouds seeing the lochs and frailejones plants in the highlands (Paramos).

This Game of Thrones theme cover was filmed just outside Bogota...(big GoT fan here )

Old 04-02-2017, 01:06 PM

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
You should definitely try to make some time to explore the countryside around Bogota. It's beautiful even if you have to get up early. Zipaquira or Guatavita are both good options but you can also do something much closer like La Calera or Chingaza. Nothing like being above the clouds seeing the lochs and frailejones plants in the highlands (Paramos).

This Game of Thrones theme cover was filmed just outside Bogota...(big GoT fan here )

Really? Seriously GOT films in so many cool locations. Also like the show. But I got rid of cable last month in an attempt to be made be economically responsible lol. I have to figure out how to watch this season another way so no spoilers. I am in a place out side of Cartagena not on the beach.

Old 04-02-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Again ridiculously unfair. Abortions and birth control are not free especially for girls/ women living in extreme poverty. Abortions are also not legal in all places still. Many women die as a result of complications associated with have abortions in countries where it is illegal and tge process is not regulated.

Re the 2nd comment. Whatever.....
I can tell with 100% certainly that statement does not prove true in many situations. It is just not as simple as that.
Not unfair at all. The woman's life is going to be impacted by giving birth to a child. If she isn't married to a man and is having sex, she needs to own up to the possibility she could get pregnant and have some sort of plan in place, or she needs to figure out how to get birth control. It's available to the average person in Latin America. In more than one Latin American country I've had sex with someone and they brought their own condoms and no they weren't rich.

A man isn't supposed to take care of a woman just because he banged get. Clearly life doesn't work like that. Unless a woman doesn't mind being a single mother or unless she's using birth control, don't sleep with men not her husband.

Besides most Latin Americans have big extended families, and most single mothers do not become prostitutes. You're projecting your own issues on to others.

Old 04-02-2017, 05:44 PM

To me even suggesting because a woman who was too lazy to use birth control should get a free ticket to be taken care of by a man for the rest of her life just because she had a baby by him is parasitism. She isn't entitled to anything at all. If the man cares for her and wants to be involved or get married, great. If not that is also great. Let's not pretend some of these women don't sleep with multiple men so the guys may not know who the father is without a DNA test. A **** is a **** and we have this around the world. Colombia just doesn't go out of its way to encourage gold diggers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas