Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 12:11 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times

Advertisements

Any city in Latin America can be seedy at times. The truth is though, in Colombia in just about any major city you are pretty safe as long as youre walking down main streets and walking during the day.

I mean, I just just some 21 year old dude and I was walking around Bogota and Medellin alone and drunk lol. I wouldn't recommend that, but you're also not going to Caracas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 03:14 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,721,454 times
Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Any city in Latin America can be seedy at times. The truth is though, in Colombia in just about any major city you are pretty safe as long as youre walking down main streets and walking during the day.

I mean, I just just some 21 year old dude and I was walking around Bogota and Medellin alone and drunk lol. I wouldn't recommend that, but you're also not going to Caracas.
Well I will be there soon ready or not .

Old 03-26-2017, 06:09 PM

I am here now !
Too early to comment .... we went walking around and sadly things close earlier then I am use too..... but totally cool because I am tired (5 hours or less in the last 24 hrs).
I don't think I am going through stay here again in my way back. There is too much too see it this city so staying in a different area/ so a Rosa.

I accidently ventured in to the sketchy areas....but there are police everywhere and lots of people just hanging out. Looking forward to seeing more in the day.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:09 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times
If you were walking around in zona rosa i doubt it was sketchy!

Old 03-27-2017, 07:29 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,721,600 times
Quote:
She was walking around Santa Fe and the old business district around the Ibis Museo.

Also it was a Sunday so obviously things will shut early or not open at all. You should try the graffiti tour or the bike tour or both. Paloquemao fruit market tour is also interesting and delicious.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:30 PM

Default ......

Quote:
No. I am in near La Candelaria area. I walked south several blocks not realizing it... but it was not a big deal. In fact we have been walking around without any issues so far. Near a hotel there seems to be this street where people lay things on blanket ex 2nd hand items for sale.
I think because I live in a major city nothing I have see si far phases me.

I went to Monserat today... did this city tour things which was fun and helped us find a lot of the popular murals ... did the Botero Museum and the other ones beside. Did the plazas Bolivar ( saw the pegion ). I accident took a taxi to zone 93 or 94 .... wow looks totally different tgen where I am staying. I am staying in Zona Rosa on tge way back for 2 nights. After my preview of more north of the city I think my time there will be totally different. Loving the murals.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:17 PM

Default .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
She was walking around Santa Fe and the old business district around the Ibis Museo.

Also it was a Sunday so obviously things will shut early or not open at all. You should try the graffiti tour or the bike tour or both. Paloquemao fruit market tour is also interesting and delicious.
Yes. Things did seem to be closing early on the Sunday. In my city lots of things open late on Sunday and some places never close ex 24 / 7.

Oh I am not staying at the IBIS Museo. I am staying a 5 to 10 minute walk to the Plaza Bolivar.

I was trying to take the Graffiti Tour today..... but decided to go to Monserat and then got back too late. Really happy with how today turned out as I saw all the things I 100% wanted to see. Tomorrow everything else woukd be a bounce. I might try the graffiti tour tomorrow and the gold mesume. The fruit one I have am not sure where to find. My husband has been buying all kinds of fruit to try at the grocery stores. I am really happy I stayed in a bigger hotel. I would not feel comfortable staying in the heart of the Candelaria. It is pretty..... but the narrow streets make me nervous when walking. I prefer more noise and traffic. Also a 24 hour front desk. A lot of smaller places dont offer that.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:23 PM

Oh thst fruit market is a 23 minutes walk. Will try and go tomorrow.

Old 03-28-2017, 01:43 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,721,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Oh thst fruit market is a 23 minutes walk. Will try and go tomorrow.
No don't walk you will go past a red light district with a load of prozies displaying themselves on the doorways lol. Best to take a cab or uber.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:15 PM

Default Lol.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
No don't walk you will go past a red light district with a load of prozies displaying themselves on the doorways lol. Best to take a cab or uber.
Lol..... we were going to walk and this man working security at the hotel over heard us asking for directions from this younger man working at the front desk and his face like .... and he tried to explain to us not to walk and convinced us to take a taxi. The taxi driver also warned us that we had to take a taxi back as it was not safe outside the market.

We walked around the market.... got some stuff. I saw the red light dustrict I think when in the cab. It is calle 19 right?.

We got back too late for the graffti tour but walked around in to soms shopping areas and descritly took some photos.

We went to some places to see this stuff yesterday.

The money here is too confusing ... too many zero .

I have no idea how much I am spending. I have given up trying to convert us money and am just ggoing to tge bank machine.

Loving those little street vendors selling plantain chips, chips and churros lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas