Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2017, 07:24 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,720,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Not unfair at all. The woman's life is going to be impacted by giving birth to a child. If she isn't married to a man and is having sex, she needs to own up to the possibility she could get pregnant and have some sort of plan in place, or she needs to figure out how to get birth control. It's available to the average person in Latin America. In more than one Latin American country I've had sex with someone and they brought their own condoms and no they weren't rich.

A man isn't supposed to take care of a woman just because he banged get. Clearly life doesn't work like that. Unless a woman doesn't mind being a single mother or unless she's using birth control, don't sleep with men not her husband.

Besides most Latin Americans have big extended families, and most single mothers do not become prostitutes. You're projecting your own issues on to others.
My own issues lol. Just for the record I am not a prostitute lol.

I am speaking more towards younger girls being pursued by older men. Younger girls that get in to these situations are usually much more niaeve and often lacking father figures. They meet someone that treats them like they are special and that they care about them a lot and love them blah blah blah.

I stil disagree ! Maybe in you next life you will be born a female and then get a chance to get it.

I remember being a teenage girl ....

Every BS line was actually spoken by guy or men in pursuit of you....

I promise it wont hurt ... I will be gentle

But why dont ....I am starting to think you dont really lke me

You cant get pregnant the first time

I dont want to use a condom ....it does not feel as good ... etc

I hear all the BS first hand. Being a female is just not the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2017, 07:34 PM

Default .......

Quote:
To me even suggesting because a woman who was too lazy to use birth control should get a free ticket to be taken care of by a man for the rest of her life just because she had a baby by him is parasitism. She isn't entitled to anything at all. If the man cares for her and wants to be involved or get married, great. If not that is also great. Let's not pretend some of these women don't sleep with multiple men so the guys may not know who the father is without a DNA test. A **** is a **** and we have this around the world. Colombia just doesn't go out of its way to encourage gold diggers.
Who is projecting now lol . Does someone have some baby mama drama claims going on?

Old 04-02-2017, 07:43 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,720,875 times
I wish I'd never mentioned the fruit market now or the red light district you pass on the way there.

Old 04-02-2017, 08:22 PM

Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
I wish I'd never mentioned the fruit market now or the red light district you pass on the way there.
Why? I enjoyed the fruit market. We got some cool stuff. My husband is still clinging on to the fruit he got there. He brought his fruit with him to Cartagena lol. Regardless I think this is an important experience to share because similar to the vibe I picked up in a video I watched on Bogota before coming it hightlights the fact that yes there are pockets in the city with challenges .... but the vast majority of people most tourists will encounter are actually going to helpful and looking out for you. I feel not much different here then I did when travelling in most European major cities. Also London was very scary too. Lots of sketcy parts. More then once had men follow us home. At this moment I am feeling in the places I have been in Colombia if you are not looking for trouble .... you are not so likely to find it. If you venture in to places like the red light district .. are looking to buy or fo drugs well just like anywhere else you are asking for trouble.

Re the red light district.... there are all over the world. I recall going to a night club with 2 Morocco guys one who worked as a bar tender in the major city we where in and the other from a small town in the country. I soon realized that all the women in the place where prostitutes except for me .... now that was pretty mortifying. The one from the small town was so embarrassed that he took me there and could not stop apologizing.

My city has pockets like this too ... but I never think about them because even in you wonder in these areas as long as you dont engage in conversation with them they dont bug you ... plus I always have my headphones !

Old 04-02-2017, 08:38 PM

Default .....

Quote:
To me even suggesting because a woman who was too lazy to use birth control should get a free ticket to be taken care of by a man for the rest of her life just because she had a baby by him is parasitism. She isn't entitled to anything at all. If the man cares for her and wants to be involved or get married, great. If not that is also great. Let's not pretend some of these women don't sleep with multiple men so the guys may not know who the father is without a DNA test. A **** is a **** and we have this around the world. Colombia just doesn't go out of its way to encourage gold diggers.
Regardless this aspect of the trip.was like a micro second and not exactly that memorable.

I got converse shoes for $7
Also loved the street vendors selling churro like things and fried plantans.

Also if anyone is going and can't handle a 2 hour Graffiti walking or bike tour.... there is the tour that takes place twice a day. It is a old fashion tour bus. That takes you through the city and to the hub of some of the most famous graffti art. You get in the area with some of the most famous art and take your photos and hop back in the bus with the guides. It is in Spanish and done by 3 different guides who also do some acts/ skits about famous characters in the area. Really glad we accidently stumbled across it after walking out of the Botero Museme which was also really good. We talk did the 4:30 pm one.

Last edited by klmrocks; 04-02-2017 at 08:54 PM..

Old 04-03-2017, 07:33 PM

I have been walking around the Zona Rosa for the last 4 hours and wow. Who turn off Colombia lol? I got to be honest ....I hate it. It is basically the same situation that can be found in every Canadian or American City. Nothing special for someone living in most major Canadian or American cities to see. I literately thought I was walking in certain pockets of Toronto at times. Nice.... but dull for someone like me. The only benefit to seeing this part of the city is to really understand the level of social inequalities in Bogota.

One day was more then enough. Tomorrow we are grabbing a taxi and spending our last day enjoying the vibrancy and energy of the Chandelier area of Bogota. As much as this area feels a lot safer .... it is boring zzzzz.

Last edited by klmrocks; 04-03-2017 at 08:47 PM..

Old 04-04-2017, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post

One day was more then enough. Tomorrow we are grabbing a taxi and spending our last day enjoying the vibrancy and energy of the Chandelier area of Bogota. As much as this area feels a lot safer .... it is boring zzzzz.
Try Usaquen, Chapinero, Zona G and La Macarena. Completely different vibe in each of those places. In Chapinero alto I strongly recommend MiniMal restaurant, address: Tv. 4 Bis #57-52, Bogotá, Colombia just off Carrera 4a in case the taxi driver gets lost. Great fusion Pacific coast Afro-Colombian food.

Last edited by Pueblofuerte; 04-04-2017 at 01:36 AM..

Old 04-04-2017, 04:56 AM

A good insight into the trap of people staying in the La Candelaria vs Zona Rosa bubble. There's so much of Bogota to explore visitors don't usually scratch the surface. Minute 1:15 he hits the nail on the head!

The funny thing is this youtuber was really hesitant in visiting Bogota because everyone in Colombia badmouths it but ends up liking it. People from Cartagena/Barranquilla badmouth Bogota, people from Medellin and the coffee region do the same, so do people from Cali, Bucaramanga and all over not to mention the tourists that go to Bogota expecting tropical weather, beach-style life, colour, etc. they usually end up hating Bogota too because hot weather expectations aren't met and its a shock (downer) to the system.

Old 04-04-2017, 06:31 AM

Please note I did not say I did not like Bogota...but I am not feeling the Zona Rosa. It is just not interesting to me. For example I have on interest in shopping in these types of stores. We have them where I live and I could most of this stuff cheap in Toronto. The restaurants... not too interested in food. The traditional food is prety similar to the food I grew up eating. The fusion food is probably cool.... but I serious am not tgat interested in dining out. I prefer grabbing street food ex fruit, empanada, something quick. I think I actually went to some of the other places mentioned because we were walking around for 4 hours.

Regardless I need to buy something to take back hone with me and they are better prices around the Chandelier area... actually it might be Santa Fe. We ventured in to some areas were local peope shop last week. There was this street only selling toys or party supplies.

I am looking for am empanada/ tomales press. The metal one I have was made in Venezuela, but it is my parents. I want to get my own !

Old 04-04-2017, 06:44 AM

Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
A good insight into the trap of people staying in the La Candelaria vs Zona Rosa bubble. There's so much of Bogota to explore visitors don't usually scratch the surface. Minute 1:15 he hits the nail on the head!

The funny thing is this youtuber was really hesitant in visiting Bogota because everyone in Colombia badmouths it but ends up liking it. People from Cartagena/Barranquilla badmouth Bogota, people from Medellin and the coffee region do the same, so do people from Cali, Bucaramanga and all over not to mention the tourists that go to Bogota expecting tropical weather, beach-style life, colour, etc. they usually end up hating Bogota too because hot weather expectations aren't met and its a shock (downer) to the system.
The guy in this video is fairly unexposed if the biggest city he has ever been in is San Francisco.
Regardless please note I never said I did not like Bogota. I am glad I found out about the weather before I got here.

Also odd experience yesterday. We were walking around 5 pm where the police station was and the police stopped by husband to ask for his id and then when they realized he was not from here they asked for his passport. Then he showed them the hotel room key and they just told him never mind. The person at the front desk memtioned something about be careful about people asking to see your passport/ ID. Here English was not the greatest so I did not fully get what she meant at the time. Do police frequently card people in Bogota?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas