Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 02:27 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joacocanal View Post
Wearing flip flops in Bogota is seen as tacky, only Gringos and some "provincianos" do it.
Aside from being at the beach i dont think a grown man should be wearing flip flops in any city
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 02:33 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,721,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
What is with the flip flop hating lol!
Would you wear flip flops in Toronto in October?

Same applies to Bogota.

Old 03-13-2017, 02:48 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,721,454 times
Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Would you wear flip flops in Toronto in October?

Same applies to Bogota.
Actually weather in Toronto around that time of year is all over the map. So some days you could get away with it... but I get your point.

Old 03-13-2017, 02:50 PM

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Aside from being at the beach i dont think a grown man should be wearing flip flops in any city
My husband would be wearing running shoes or closed teo shoes. When I think hot ... I think sandles. I actually hate wearing socks and opt not to if weather and shoe type permits it.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:00 PM

OH MY GOD!!!! I just checked the weather trends for Bogota .... how can a place be so close the equator and that cool !
Regardless .. it is -15 here today ... so anything above 10 would be okay. No wonder no one is wearing flip flops. In Toronto is the weather goes from extreme cold to extreme heat. So I have clothes and shoes for all seasons, but glad I understood this before I showed up dressed for the beach lol.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:25 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,880,321 times
Quote:
I need to look at the weather.
In my head I am thinking it is south so it is going to be really hot..... but I am not accounting for the altitude.
There was a day last month it got up to 23C and people were dying in Bogota. It was one of the hottest days ever! Normal is more like 18C and raining. Plan accordingly.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:32 AM

Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
There was a day last month it got up to 23C and people were dying in Bogota. It was one of the hottest days ever! Normal is more like 18C and raining. Plan accordingly.
The weather will be fine ... it is - 9 today. Yesterday was - 15. Plus 18 is nothing to complain about. Regardless we are going to Cartagena for 1/2 of our time ... it is 31 degrees there !

I was watching more stuff on Colombia last night and I am feeling there is just too much too see in 10 days. I wanted to try going to Medellin .. but I think that would be totally pushing it due to time... but we will see when we get there. I was watching some clips from the Barranquilla Carnival. Looks really fun. I will be tempted to see if we can take a drive there when in Cartagena.. but again it depends on time.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:05 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,721,600 times
Interesting video of how to approach rainy Bogota...

Old 03-16-2017, 08:33 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times
Quote:
The weather will be fine ... it is - 9 today. Yesterday was - 15. Plus 18 is nothing to complain about. Regardless we are going to Cartagena for 1/2 of our time ... it is 31 degrees there !

I was watching more stuff on Colombia last night and I am feeling there is just too much too see in 10 days. I wanted to try going to Medellin .. but I think that would be totally pushing it due to time... but we will see when we get there. I was watching some clips from the Barranquilla Carnival. Looks really fun. I will be tempted to see if we can take a drive there when in Cartagena.. but again it depends on time.
How long were you thinking about spending in Cartagena? You probably won't need too much time there to be honest. Out of the 4 cities I was in, I felt like Cartagena needed the least amount of time.

Old 03-16-2017, 03:20 PM

Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
How long were you thinking about spending in Cartagena? You probably won't need too much time there to be honest. Out of the 4 cities I was in, I felt like Cartagena needed the least amount of time.
Hi. I am going 3 days in Bogota... 5 days in Cartagena and the 2 days in Bogota again. Choosing s hotel is getting tricky. There is one on Bogota I like but it is s 20 minute walk to Bolivar Square.... which is not a big deal for me.... I am just not sure about the area. I want to stay at a bigger hotel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas