Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 06:37 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,014,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Have you tried Singapore? They're probably the most foreign friendly country in Asia, and they have an advanced economy that you could probably use your Ph.D. in
I would probably die from Dengue fever if I go there, as I am very prone to mosquito stings/bites. There still isn't any cure or prevention for this. And it's extremely expensive to rent or buy an apartment there, isn't it?

Old 09-10-2015, 06:48 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,438,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZpharmer View Post
I would probably die from Dengue fever if I go there, as I am very prone to mosquito stings/bites. There still isn't any cure or prevention for this. And it's extremely expensive to rent or buy an apartment there, isn't it?
Taiwan has Dengue fever too.
Dengue fever cases top 6,000 in Taiwan
Dengue fever rages in Tainan or Kaohsiung, two of the largest cities in southern Taiwan, almost every summer.

It's probably expensive to rent in Singapore, but the money is gonna be good; while it is not so expensive to rent in Taipei, the money is gonna be terrible.

Genuine suggestion: STAY IN THE US.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:19 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,924,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZpharmer View Post
You're from the US right? There's Dengue Fever in Florida and the Gulf coast states and territories. I'm from Puerto Rico and been bit many times every time I go back home. I never had Dengur fever. It's also not known to be lethal unlike West Nile Virus. Symptoms also vary per person. Whether it's Lyme Disease in the northern US, Dengue fever in the tropics and subtropics, you won't avoid it unless you always wear long sleeves and never wear shorts

Old 09-10-2015, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Taiwan has Dengue fever too.
Dengue fever cases top 6,000 in Taiwan
Dengue fever rages in Tainan or Kaohsiung, two of the largest cities in southern Taiwan, almost every summer.

It's probably expensive to rent in Singapore, but the money is gonna be good; while it is not so expensive to rent in Taipei, the money is gonna be terrible.

Genuine suggestion: STAY IN THE US.
Dengue is in my hometown in Puerto Rico too, which is just as hot and wet as Kaohsiung, but I never got it

Old 09-10-2015, 07:47 PM

Quote:
You're from the US right? There's Dengue Fever in Florida and the Gulf coast states and territories. I'm from Puerto Rico and been bit many times every time I go back home. I never had Dengur fever. It's also not known to be lethal unlike West Nile Virus. Symptoms also vary per person. Whether it's Lyme Disease in the northern US, Dengue fever in the tropics and subtropics, you won't avoid it unless you always wear long sleeves and never wear shorts
Lived in the US 'til early 2006. Take out the "from" from that question.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:58 PM

Ah. I'm guessing the OZ in your name is Australia right? Well, try coming back to the US if you want. Doesn't seem like Taiwan is the best place. Or Singapore. Rents are high in Singapore but as a Ph.D. so should be the pay.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Ah. I'm guessing the OZ in your name is Australia right? Well, try coming back to the US if you want. Doesn't seem like Taiwan is the best place. Or Singapore. Rents are high in Singapore but as a Ph.D. so should be the pay.
You're damn right about that, but that STILL doesn't mean I was born in Australia. I only studied for my Bachelor's degree there. And English isn't even my first language!

And that's it for now. I prefer to keep myself confidential.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia