Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 10:00 PM

1,109 posts, read 450,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
In China, those who don't have a college degree can hardly get a "good man" (according to their criteria). Usually men with advanced education won't consider women who never attended college.

However, some college girls do that too...not a lot but there are some.
Yes, of course, but it also depends on many factors. But as a man, if they didn't have a college degree, but have saved up alot of money, they would still prefer a woman with more money. Men don't want to take care of her and her family if they are poor. One family member getting sick would require money from the man side of the family. It's all about points. Women want men with money, men want young pretty women, and if he has to choose between 2 women, and everything is equal, he would probably choose the women with more money if he has that choice.

There are too many factors, education is one of them. I know of a friends friend in China that has a degree, but he is short, bald. Other women with college degrees won't look at him, he has been lead on many times, and he finally married a woman without a degree. He doesn't make much.

The whole issue of prostitution in China is huge. Desperate men without wives can get their fix without dating, but I do feel bad for the men who will marry those women not knowing their past. It's not like there's a stamp on woman's forehead saying they're a sex worker. Notch count matters to good men who worked hard and wants to the best wife possible. A former prostitute who saved and can buy her own flat in a small city, definitely has more power to get a better off man compared to a woman who worked hard but no money.

Last edited by accord2008; 11-23-2021 at 10:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2021, 05:34 AM

1 posts, read 436 times
Grea Knowledge
Check our blogs at [url]https://alldatmatterz.com/[/url]

Old 11-24-2021, 08:22 AM

8,494 posts, read 6,900,248 times
And the failed one child policy in China. Babies were abandoned on the doorsteps of orphanages across the country or even at busy city intersections. This was the time when there was a wave of children being adopted by families in the US and Europe.

There’s some pretty remarkable stories coming out of this story because of advanced DNA techniques. Matchups of Chinese twins with one winding up in America and another in Europe. Even finding parents and reunions with them to find their roots.

Old 11-25-2021, 12:46 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,763,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
And the failed one child policy in China. Babies were abandoned on the doorsteps of orphanages across the country or even at busy city intersections. This was the time when there was a wave of children being adopted by families in the US and Europe.
It happens, but not as often as some media suggest. I have never seen such thing in my life. I heard about them from news, but none of my friends or relatives has ever seen any.

Old 11-25-2021, 07:36 PM

8,869 posts, read 8,452,657 times
Quote:
It happens, but not as often as some media suggest. I have never seen such thing in my life. I heard about them from news, but none of my friends or relatives has ever seen any.
I've never met anyone who contracted covid and no one I know has, either. I've only heard about them on the news. Therefore covid is not a problem.

You need to try a little harder with that logic.

Old 11-25-2021, 11:43 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,763,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I've never met anyone who contracted covid and no one I know has, either. I've only heard about them on the news. Therefore covid is not a problem.

You need to try a little harder with that logic.
Covid has relatively detailed statistics. We have an idea how many people were infected and died...
What a stupid comparison. I'm not surprised though, based on my observation of your cognitive capability.

Go ask any person from China if they have seen anything like that. Good luck.

Old 11-30-2021, 07:16 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,490,397 times
Quote:
go to a hospital or nursing home and see for yourself

Old 11-30-2021, 07:44 AM

30,390 posts, read 19,184,321 times
The Muslims and Mormons allow for multiple wives, perhaps the solution would be for wives to be allowed multiple husbands.

Old 11-30-2021, 08:51 AM

12,392 posts, read 8,161,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The Muslims and Mormons allow for multiple wives, perhaps the solution would be for wives to be allowed multiple husbands.
If I am following the cultural pass the name argument then we are talking about the handmaid's tale on steroids. Where fertile woman pass the name for one family and then moves on to the next as long as she can keep breeding.

It is almost as bad if she is just doing duty so more men can experience sex with someone who is nominally not sex worker

Old 11-30-2021, 09:06 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
If, when you use the word "Mormon," you are speaking of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the 16-million member worldwide church headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah), you are absolutely wrong. Any member of the Church who is found to be in a polygamous marriage is promptly excommunicated from the Church. There are no exceptions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia