Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2022, 11:41 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,981,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Can't believe how much has changed in a week.
Quad Leaders' Virtual Meet Today, "Indo-Pacific Developments" On Agenda

What is your take as to what is being discussed?

I personally think that the U.S. / Japan / Australia should not "force" India to turn against Russia... as this may cause backlash as to their collective efforts to tackle against the "Other Country" which we do not dare to name!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2022, 12:03 AM

8,873 posts, read 8,468,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post

I personally think that the U.S. / Japan / Australia should not "force" India to turn against Russia... as this may cause backlash as to their collective efforts to tackle against the "Other Country" which we do not dare to name!
I think India can be forgiven as China is the bigger problem. Their sanctions wouldn't mean much anyway. India is very poor. The Western-led sanctions alone will finish the Russian economy and their livelihood.

Old 03-03-2022, 01:06 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,829,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Now it is more than a week and they haven't even started taking Kyiv and has also failed to take Kharkiv.

Do you still believe Taipei will fall in a few days?
Russia army is Low in morale ::

If China send army to invade Taiwan .. they will be highly motivated that is a big difference

Old 03-03-2022, 02:05 AM

8,873 posts, read 8,468,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post

If China send army to invade Taiwan .. they will be highly motivated that is a big difference
Because you know so many people in the PLA?

Old 03-03-2022, 02:19 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,829,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Because you know so many people in the PLA?
If it does not make sense to you .. so be it

This is just my opinion

U think XI will send a half assed troop ??

Go big or go home

Last edited by singaporelady; 03-03-2022 at 02:29 AM..

Old 03-03-2022, 04:57 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,082,710 times
Quote:

What is so motivating for Chinese to take Taiwan? While many Chinese want Taiwan to be part of the PRC it is not personally important to them. Many of them see Taiwanese as their own people and is not willing to kill anyone that might be a threat.

Also, not all Russians lack motivation. Many of them are motivated by the idea that Ukrainians abuse Russians in Ukraine.

Quote:

Go big or go home
Mao did an even worse attempt at invading Taiwan, and half assing is part of Chinese culture, so it is definitely possible Xi would do the same.

And Putin did go big, he is attacking from three fronts with massive amounts of tanks. He is just not able to coordinate it well.

Last edited by Camlon; 03-03-2022 at 05:34 AM..

Old 03-03-2022, 06:32 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,929,491 times
Quote:
If it does not make sense to you .. so be it

This is just my opinion

Go big or go home
"Go big" is a 20th century concept. PLA used massed troop attacks in Korea years ago and pushed back UN troops but at the loss of around a million troops.
China, the largest army in the world, like Russia, is still using that military doctrine that mass attacks work over modern technology, because humans are cheaper than machines such as precision guided munitions. But "Go Big" doesn't work anymore.

That is changing for China, as they are actually downsizing there army and improving there technical capabilities (usually by stealing western technology and reverse engineering), but I don't think they are there yet. What, do they have two aircraft carriers? Maybe in a few years they will be able to surpass Italy's fleet.
How motivated will PLA be with a million dead soldiers in the China Sea before they even are able to step foot on Taiwan soil?

Old 03-03-2022, 01:54 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,807,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
"Go big" is a 20th century concept. PLA used massed troop attacks in Korea years ago and pushed back UN troops but at the loss of around a million troops.
China, the largest army in the world, like Russia, is still using that military doctrine that mass attacks work over modern technology, because humans are cheaper than machines such as precision guided munitions. But "Go Big" doesn't work anymore.

That is changing for China, as they are actually downsizing there army and improving there technical capabilities (usually by stealing western technology and reverse engineering), but I don't think they are there yet. What, do they have two aircraft carriers? Maybe in a few years they will be able to surpass Italy's fleet.
How motivated will PLA be with a million dead soldiers in the China Sea before they even are able to step foot on Taiwan soil?
The approach they used in the Korean war would have their soldiers slaughtered in a day today. I am not sure, but I believe they used the same tactic when they invaded Vietnam.

Old 03-03-2022, 02:36 PM

1,647 posts, read 874,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post

I guess I'm the only one that finds this hysterical. "Welcome India to our alliance. Now here is your welcome gift some economic sanctions.” You can't make this stuff up. I'm sure India is thinking "with allies like this who needs enemies."

Just a warning to any Indian nationals who may happen to stumble onto this forum. This is what comes with being an ally of the Western World. They will praise you when you serve their interest, but the moment you go against their wishes or refuse to except their dominance, you will become public enemy #1. Ask Japan (Plaza Accords) or look at current U.S. China relations. I’m sure they are loading up the Kashmir region as a weapon. There will endless lines about “how India is committing cultural genocide or oppressing the Kashmiri people. Pakistan is next door, so I’m sure they are going to utilize them to antagonize your country by selling weapons, performing military exercises, and supporting Kashmir liberation movements. Just something to think about.

Old 03-03-2022, 02:57 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,929,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
The approach they used in the Korean war would have their soldiers slaughtered in a day today. I am not sure, but I believe they used the same tactic when they invaded Vietnam.
I think the last examples were, ohhh, the Gulf War? Saddam had like the 4th largest army in the world that disintegrated in a couple days . Using Russian tanks by the way that were no match for US armour and airpower. Before that it was the Iran and Iraq war with both sides slogging it out in WW1 tactics, with butchers bills to match.

My statement however was somewhat exaggerated I admit. China is smarter and richer than Russia, they have been upgrading like crazy. Still I think they have a long way to go...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia