Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2020, 10:25 PM

10,529 posts, read 6,162,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
That you for posting this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Yes, thank you for posting, Cruithne.

You're welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2020, 12:23 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I had a great moment of optimism yesterday. It occurred to me that if there are any silver linings, if you want to see them, one is that pollution has dropped dramatically, especially in China where air pollution was very bad. The waters around Venice are running clear; you can see the fish and the swans have returned.

I can tell you that there are great things happening in Biotech. Much is being learned in medicine. There is a great collaborative effort happening. This virus is going to change the way we live in many ways. It's a great eye opener, not just for China, but for all of us.
The good news is that China has closed the last of the, I think 8, emergency hospitals it built for this virus because there are no longer enough new cases to warrant keeping them open.

Old 03-19-2020, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Oh no, Raffs, Satan or man's wickedness gives us the virus. The Lord, having given us the brains to find a cure (but not to question religious dogma- that's not what it was for) finds the cure.

It's the old dictum: "Anything good, God gets the credit; anything bad, man gets the blame".
Don't be fooled my dear old scrot!. This is a sinister plot by Boris to get sid of us old buggers and save on pension payments!

Old 03-19-2020, 08:55 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,709,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Don't be fooled my dear old scrot!. This is a sinister plot by Boris to get sid of us old buggers and save on pension payments!
A fine hypithesos my dear old sock -sorter;- But false. It was a cunning plan designed to stop England winning the 6 nations and Hamilton getting his 7th championship. What Boris doesn't know is that, on the short -list being drawn up by the Global atheism science-bribing steering -group and baby-burger catering outlet, Boris was one of the first on the list.

P.s also add my thanks for the update from Cruithne.

Old 03-19-2020, 10:26 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,113,519 times
Quote:
A fine hypithesos my dear old sock -sorter;- But false. It was a cunning plan designed to stop England winning the 6 nations and Hamilton getting his 7th championship. What Boris doesn't know is that, on the short -list being drawn up by the Global atheism science-bribing steering -group and baby-burger catering outlet, Boris was one of the first on the list.

P.s also add my thanks for the update from Cruithne.
I had thought it was a cunning plan hatched by the MLB team owners to distract from the cheating scandal which was all anyone had been talking about for the last six months.

And it has worked....no one is talking about the stolen signs any longer, only about whether or not there will be a season at all.

Old 03-19-2020, 02:26 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,322,235 times
Hmm, I thought the whole thing was hatched by a college sophomore at North Dakota State who decided to get completely trashed instead of studying for that big trig test he had the next day. So he took some of that 7-month-old hamburger meat, that 19-week-old loaf of bread, and that General Tso's chicken he ordered last year, stuck it all in a big test tube, shook it up really well, then went to the student union and smashed the tube on the floor - releasing the now deadly coronavirus. All so that campus would be shut down and he wouldn't have to take the test after all.

It's actually called the "coronavirus" because Corona was what the sophomore got drunk on, thus causing him to inadvertantly create the first true pandemic since the Spanish flu in 1918.

Sad thing is - his plan actually worked.

Old 03-20-2020, 12:59 AM

16,769 posts, read 4,976,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Hmm, I thought the whole thing was hatched by a college sophomore at North Dakota State who decided to get completely trashed instead of studying for that big trig test he had the next day. So he took some of that 7-month-old hamburger meat, that 19-week-old loaf of bread, and that General Tso's chicken he ordered last year, stuck it all in a big test tube, shook it up really well, then went to the student union and smashed the tube on the floor - releasing the now deadly coronavirus. All so that campus would be shut down and he wouldn't have to take the test after all.

It's actually called the "coronavirus" because Corona was what the sophomore got drunk on, thus causing him to inadvertantly create the first true pandemic since the Spanish flu in 1918.

People get drunk with Corona beer?

Welcome back, I hope you are OK.

Old 03-20-2020, 01:23 AM

Quote:
A fine hypithesos my dear old sock -sorter;- But false. It was a cunning plan designed to stop England winning the 6 nations and Hamilton getting his 7th championship.
Ye gads my dear old bog snorkeler! What a dastardly plot. The cads! (well actually, I'm ok with England not winning the 6 nations. As the current holders, it should go by default to Wales. Cymru am Byth!)

Old 03-22-2020, 04:56 AM

Pfft! Lockdown extended for a further 15 days starting next Friday. That will until 13th April and then probably another 15. Pass me the knife someone!

Old 03-22-2020, 05:54 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,709,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post

'Corona' I gather is the US equivalent of 'Bloody Watney's Red Barrel', a thing called 'beer' when even i could drink 8 pints of without getting drunk. It was trading on the 'social drunk' to disguise the fact that there was no functioning alcoholic content.

I mentioned'Window 10' disease, but now I think of it 'Beer depreciation' was probably the precursor of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism