Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2020, 07:39 PM

7,588 posts, read 4,158,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
That's interesting. This is the way medicine--and a lot of other kinds of things--are headed, and sooner rather than later. I listen to MSNBC podcasts off and on all day. Dr. Fauci was speculating about how we may never get to the way it was, pre-virus. Thomas Friedman was speculating also. Very likely things will never be the same. I moved all my violin and piano students online and I like teaching that way versus meeting in person. Most all the details of your life can be managed online, as long as your ISP is working.

But what about folks who don't have internet access or skills, saleable skills, education, savings, or have to chose between entering an unsafe work environment and being evicted and homeless.

I bet there will be an uptick in religion, also, due to fear and stress.
I can see that happening. I did complain about another problem and was told that would require an office visit.

I will wear a mask if we can just go back to the way things were, but to be honest, I was really worried about sending my daughter to middle school. In a way, I kind of got what I wanted, but do feel sad about the possibility of her not experiencing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2020, 12:21 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,853,575 times
Here in Spain we've had our 5th consecutive day for a drop in the death rate and a drop in new cases.

In the UK, Boris Johnson is in intensive care. It's difficult to have any sympathy with him. Only two weeks ago, he was saying that the best plan was to carry on as normal so that everyone became infected and then the country would get 'herd immunisation'. Nice to see him taking the lead.

Old 04-07-2020, 02:58 AM

16,768 posts, read 4,974,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Thank you Mystic, I needed to let off some steam yesterday.
It's been a very hard and emotional week here. The posting from the surgeon from the ear, nose and throat hospital asking for plastic pillowcase coverings to wear over their heads really got to me. We are supposed to be an advanced first world country. And then this morning there was another post from Yonkers hospital thanking us for the home made masks my community sent in, with a photo of the docs and nurses wearing them with a 'thumbs up' and asking to keep making and sending in the masks. The daily postings like this are heartbreaking, uplifting, terrifying and anger inducing all rolled into one.
There's faint hope that cases here in NY may be plateauing, so let's hope.
Thank you for all your work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
And right back at you, and everyone else on here, please stay safe. x
One of my earlier drinking partners has died from the virus, which puts the separation of my family and my cancelled business trip to New York into perspective.

But otherwise we are doing fine at the moment.

Old 04-07-2020, 05:30 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,700,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Here in Spain we've had our 5th consecutive day for a drop in the death rate and a drop in new cases.

In the UK, Boris Johnson is in intensive care. It's difficult to have any sympathy with him. Only two weeks ago, he was saying that the best plan was to carry on as normal so that everyone became infected and then the country would get 'herd immunisation'. Nice to see him taking the lead.
He's one I took off my Short List. I don't want any of them to become martyrs. I'm hoping that we shall be seeing these lockdown measures starting to roll back the infection. But now it's Out of the bag, I wonder if things can ever be quite the same?

Old 04-07-2020, 06:41 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,904,601 times
Quote:

I agree with not having sympathy for Boris, and worse, I ardently wish another leader, but in the US, would come down with it.

Old 04-07-2020, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
I agree with not having sympathy for Boris, and worse, I ardently wish another leader, but in the US, would come down with it.
He's off my List, too. the last thing I want is a public outpouring of mourning for a martyr to an epidemic.

P.s How odd that my hits are tailing off alarmingly. You'd think at a time like this people would have more time to browse the Forum.

Maybe people really are rushing to religion, True or Not.

Old 04-07-2020, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Here in Spain we've had our 5th consecutive day for a drop in the death rate ...
Oh bugger! This afternoon's figures show an increase in deaths of 457.

Old 04-07-2020, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Oh bugger! This afternoon's figures show an increase in deaths of 457.
It's Fake News old Rugby-bug, They inflated the reports of cases just to discredit you

Old 04-07-2020, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
It's Fake News old Rugby-bug, They inflated the reports of cases just to discredit you
The cads!

Old 04-07-2020, 09:14 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,904,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
He's off my List, too. the last thing I want is a public outpouring of mourning for a martyr to an epidemic.

P.s How odd that my hits are tailing off alarmingly. You'd think at a time like this people would have more time to browse the Forum.

Maybe people really are rushing to religion, True or Not.
I've noticed traffic is slower, too. More instances of <<<crickets>>>, i.e., silence. Probably due to a number of factors: people are scrambling to figure out how to survive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism