Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2021, 04:03 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,601,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
You still are not saying anything. So

I have no clue. About what who will win the Stanley Cup or how life began?

I will give you all the reasons I don't believe in what you do and it has nothing to do with unwilling to learn.

1) I have no clue what something else may refer to

2) I can't believe in an unknown based solely on some random 0 Oster telling me they are right

3) the person telling me t9 believe refuses to fly explain what he means and uses science as the excuse

4) the 0erson telling me to believe has already made many baseless and unfounded and false accusations upon me , so many in fact I don't know if he knows what is true or not

The first reason is the best, I refuse to believe in something just because I'm told to.

No doubt you will respond with accusing me of being anti something or other thst will leave everyone scratching their heads as that is your agenda, attack and accuse individuals for your personal enjoyment.
Thats nice list of your faith statements. I think its intentional but I could be wrong. Badland, keep in mind you have me at a serous disadvantage. I can't list what I believe and use data to support it.

I say its intentional because of your first reason. "just because I am told". We have to figure out a way to see who is doing what and ask our selves why they are doing it. That usually gives us a clue to what is actually going on.

But the single biggest piece of evidence is that you do not have a clue. But yet you think what you do have is enough to tell me what I doing. And yo are speaking like I am able/free to use all the information, wording, and presentation I can to make my case. You holding to that line means you really either don't know or something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2021, 04:56 AM

Things that me go hmmmm.

I compare the biosphere (think of how we define object and apply it to why I say "the biosphere"). I go Hmmmm when i compare the biosphere to a cell (smallest unit of life), a virus (a tweener), and something not alive (you pick the something). and I say "Hmmmm, it seems to match ... better."

Then I think "hmmm ... if it matches that, how is that consistent what we see peopling believing (I use believing because we are in a believing site)?" Is it consistent with some of what they are saying?"
"

Hmmmm ... why would people avoid that kind of thinking?

Old 04-05-2021, 09:02 AM

10,536 posts, read 6,176,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
A lot of species don't have language as we know it but most can certainly communicate, and not just simplistic sign language.

Consider honey bees returning to the hive and by their "dance" and other cues, they can tell their sisters exactly how to find a certain group of flowers that may be a half-mile or more away. Fish communicate by gaping, extending their fins, changing the colour of their skin and laughing at luckless fishermen.

Good point!

Old 04-05-2021, 09:12 AM

10,536 posts, read 6,176,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
I am not arguing they rule out the other, complex animals have both, I am saying they are different. Consciousness means the animal is aware that it is doing something, that it is deciding to do something. The problem is confusing instinctive behavior for a conscious process.

But can the puffer fish build a different pattern? It has some awareness of the pattern, but is it aware how to build a different pattern? Like a snow flake always has six arms because of the laws of nature, the fish may only be able to build one pattern because that is how it's brain is wired.

But I have seen Buzzards actually planning how to hunt crows and pigeons, but they have a more advanced brain than a fish.

That is a good question, but I have not investigated this so I do not know.

Sorry but I did have to smile at the bolded.
Not content with the knowledge that a puffer fish can build and decorate an extremely complex and accurate pattern of concentric circles... 'ahhh yes, but can it build a different pattern?' LOL.
What do you want? No maybe it can't build the Taj Mahal. It's a fish of very little brain. One pattern of concentric circles from a little fish is astounding enough for me.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:45 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,333,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Thats nice list of your faith statements. I think its intentional but I could be wrong. Badland, keep in mind you have me at a serous disadvantage. I can't list what I believe and use data to support it.

I say its intentional because of your first reason. "just because I am told". We have to figure out a way to see who is doing what and ask our selves why they are doing it. That usually gives us a clue to what is actually going on.

But the single biggest piece of evidence is that you do not have a clue. But yet you think what you do have is enough to tell me what I doing. And yo are speaking like I am able/free to use all the information, wording, and presentation I can to make my case. You holding to that line means you really either don't know or something else.
Duh, they were not faith statements. They were reasons I don't just accept whatever you say on faith. Thete is a major difference between those two statements. Nor did I provide data for anything just my own reasons to not believe in whatever it is because you cannot tell me what it actually is.

I am not really interested in figuring out your agenda because I am not interested in personal agendas here. You are the one who accuses others of having agendas with no evidence. You can look to see what and who is doing what for once instead of just making accusations up out of your imagination.

Like I said as long as you keep blindly accusing me and others of random things and agendas I will not take neither you nor your something else seriously

Old 04-05-2021, 11:13 AM

16,807 posts, read 5,005,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Sorry but I did have to smile at the bolded.
Not content with the knowledge that a puffer fish can build and decorate an extremely complex and accurate pattern of concentric circles... 'ahhh yes, but can it build a different pattern?' LOL.
What do you want? No maybe it can't build the Taj Mahal. It's a fish of very little brain. One pattern of concentric circles from a little fish is astounding enough for me.

It is astounding to me, as are snowflakes always having six arms. How does water know? My point is if it can only do one pattern because it is hard wired to do only one, then the pattern is not evidence of consciousness.

Old 04-05-2021, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Duh, they were not faith statements. They were reasons I don't just accept whatever you say on faith. Thete is a major difference between those two statements. Nor did I provide data for anything just my own reasons to not believe in whatever it is because you cannot tell me what it actually is.

I am not really interested in figuring out your agenda because I am not interested in personal agendas here. You are the one who accuses others of having agendas with no evidence. You can look to see what and who is doing what for once instead of just making accusations up out of your imagination.

Like I said as long as you keep blindly accusing me and others of random things and agendas I will not take neither you nor your something else seriously
I know badland. You hit me and when I hold my ground you get annoyed and disengage. You do it all the time. Maybe don't talk to me like you don't want me to talk to you.

Old 04-05-2021, 12:45 PM

Quote:
I know badland. You hit me and when I hold my ground you get annoyed and disengage. You do it all the time. Maybe don't talk to me like you don't want me to talk to you.
Maybe read what I actually post rather than thinking I posted something entirely different would be a start. Maybe not be so fast to apply negative labels without being willing to explain when challenged would be a start. When holding your ground address what I commented on not something totally new and unrelated.

Old 04-05-2021, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Maybe read what I actually post rather than thinking I posted something entirely different would be a start. Maybe not be so fast to apply negative labels without being willing to explain when challenged would be a start. When holding your ground address what I commented on not something totally new and unrelated.
Yeah, I always use what you say. But you have a tendency to run then come back later when the posts are long gone. You anti-god guys have a habit of running when we start looking at exactly what you say.

Things that make me go Hmmmmm ... Believing in some thing more complex trounces lack of belief based on gaps. The fact that I would have to DM the basic list of observations in any high school science book should tell you something.

when "we are just lacking belief because we are just responding to religion" starts to fold up under pressure be man enough not do what you accuse theist of doing.

Old 04-05-2021, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I always use what you say. But you have a tendency to run then come back later when the posts are long gone. You anti-god guys have a habit of running when we start looking at exactly what you say.

Things that make me go Hmmmmm ... Believing in some thing more complex trounces lack of belief based on gaps. The fact that I would have to DM the basic list of observations in any high school science book should tell you something.

when "we are just lacking belief because we are just responding to religion" starts to fold up under pressure be man enough not do what you accuse theist of doing.

You just can't help yourself throwing this tired and unwarranted insult at me. I won't even bother asking me why you think I'm anti God,

Once again I don't understand what you are trying to communicate in your last sentence but it must be my fault as you are a perfect communicator I an don't dare being such an idiot as dare to ask you what you meant.

Maybe someone else can explain your last sentence to me as I truly have no clue what he is actually trying to convey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism