Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2021, 04:08 PM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
It most certainty can be.
There is a huge difference between "is" and "can be".

Every regular poster here has an agenda...most certainly including you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2021, 04:27 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,330,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
What would you think if someone else's agenda is in serious conflict with your world view?
So your agenda is to attack those who don't have your worldview? Why is yours correct and theirs terrible?

I came to these forums with an agenda, to attempt to understand what, why and how fundamentalist Evangelicals think plus to help others in correct ting their misconceptions about atheism.

You and Arach like accusing others of having agendas and yet both of you seem to have agendas too.

But shy away from ever explaining your agenda.

Old 04-01-2021, 04:47 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,350,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

We are here to provide commentary, nothing else.

Old 04-01-2021, 05:16 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,594,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

Most certainty the both of us. Of course mine is more about looking at why we say things and what life experiences decide the weights we use. Also, comparing what we say against each others to see who is doing what.

Yours seems to be fight religion. In a non political forum none the less. That's a highly questionable agenda.

Old 04-01-2021, 07:13 PM

10,535 posts, read 6,172,858 times
Just out of interest, does anybody have any comment to make related to the thread?

Old 04-01-2021, 07:13 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,350,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Most certainty the both of us. Of course mine is more about looking at why we say things and what life experiences decide the weights we use. Also, comparing what we say against each others to see who is doing what.

Yours seems to be fight religion. In a non political forum none the less. That's a highly questionable agenda.
And the fight religion is as passionate as the religion itself.

Old 04-01-2021, 07:19 PM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
We are here to provide commentary, nothing else.
Speak for yourself.

Old 04-01-2021, 07:26 PM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Just out of interest, does anybody have any comment to make related to the thread?
It is an awesome thread and I wish there were more direct engagement with it. Especially the "good stuff" I come up with!

Old 04-01-2021, 07:28 PM

Apparently not.

Okay well I will say something then.

Some of the earlier posts in the thread, -those that came from atheists at least, seemed to be largely along the lines of (in a nut shell): "I'm okay with saying 'I don't know'".
And that's fine because that's the kind of thing I say all the time as well.

I mean we actually don't have a choice, because if we don't have answers, we don't have answers and that's that.

But even though that might be my stock answer, I do wonder if maybe I mull the big questions over more than most. Because actually I do want to know the answers to the things that amaze me.

And I also sometimes think that 'I don't know' is kind of just as lazy an answer as 'god did it' because what it says is you can't be bothered to think that hard (no offense to anyone as I said I do it too).
And especially when things seem impossible. The puffa fish for example that I posted on page one. How the heck does a tiny fish with a tiny brain achieve that? Most humans couldn't even do that.

And there ends my contribution to getting the thread back on track.

Old 04-01-2021, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is an awesome thread and I wish there were more direct engagement with it.
Thank Mystic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism