Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 04:59 PM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Who are these fundamentalist atheists who will not attend weddings and funerals in churches? I keep hearing about the fundamentalists atheists however no one ever provides examples of who they are or what they do or not do. Arach even accused me of being one in one post. Julian who are the fundamentalist atheists? Any example on these forums?
Virtually all of them who demand their atheism be the default position about Reality and God only be the ad populum version in the religions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2021, 07:23 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,330,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Virtually all of them who demand their atheism be the default position about Reality and God only be the ad populum version in the religions.
Doesn't count as you misrepresent what is the default and what atheists claim to be the default. D9nt forget that what you claim is Reality is only your opinion.

Old 03-30-2021, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Doesn't count as you misrepresent what is the default and what atheists claim to be the default. D9nt forget that what you claim is Reality is only your opinion.
How is what you claim about Reality any different from mine?

Old 03-30-2021, 07:44 PM

Quote:
How is what you claim about Reality any different from mine?
My reality does not have a Christ figure or emphathy.
My reality doesn't need to have special name to confuse discussion or contained unspecified attributes to confuse others. My reality contains lots of unknowns

I have seldom spoken about what my reality is on this forum so you really don't know what it is.

Old 03-30-2021, 09:25 PM

Quote:
My reality does not have a Christ figure or emphathy.
My reality doesn't need to have special name to confuse discussion or contained unspecified attributes to confuse others. My reality contains lots of unknowns

I have seldom spoken about what my reality is on this forum so you really don't know what it is.
But why is it NOT just your opinion like mine????

Old 03-30-2021, 10:27 PM

Quote:
But why is it NOT just your opinion like mine????
The big differences

1) I don't bring it up in every thread

2) I don't even discuss it unless questioned and even then barely talk about it

3) I don't expect others to change the long standing definitions of words and insult those who don't change the meanings of words to please me

4) I don't belittle, mock or insult those who don't accept my beliefs

5) I don't interest every thread in an attempt to derail the discussion to my belief of reality

6) I'd just as happy not even discussing my view of reality on this forum

7) I make no claims about my reality, I don't give it the title of God and don't push a particular figure of one religion as being part of reality

8) i don't claim that science supports my interpretation

I never said my reality was anything but an opinion. You will not find any posts of mine declaring what reality is and describing it such as you constantly do.

Hope that explains it sufficiently for you

Old 03-30-2021, 10:40 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,750,770 times
I fear that we may in for a warning not to do this yet again, but I'll risk it.

Because it's your opinion based on what you believe. The evidence doesn't really support that.

Ok, it's arguable why Jesus was executed, or even if he was (I think he was). Whether it was to provide a loophole in the law of sin -death or to give a demonstration of 'Love' as in your theory or because he got up the nose of the authorities and no other reason. But it's still not a 'scientific consensus. You'll probably know my arguments that Jesus was no more than a failed rebel, but it's just my view.

But ..and here's where we did it all before...your view of ''Reality' is that it is (or contains) a god. The scientifically validated evidence does not mention any such thing, so it's just your opinion versus the scientific evidence. You also know that a 'god' has to be intelligent or capable of planned direction. To just take a universe of unthinking natural processes and call it 'God' is like calling an internal combustion engine a 'gnome -powered engine' and claiming you proved the existence of gnomes.

In the case of a god or gnomes, there has to be a being with will and intent (or more than one because it could be a lot of gods for all anyone can tell from the evidence other than your belief), and you really know this because your hypothesis always refers to the 'consciousness' that is the essence of this 'god', as well as you trying to argue quantum etc. to prove a cosmic mind.

And now back to you two before the Mods come and tan my ass crimson.

Old 03-31-2021, 12:05 AM

16,798 posts, read 4,996,217 times
Quote:
We have explained both errors in this statement of yours before.

Old 03-31-2021, 12:09 AM

16,798 posts, read 4,996,217 times
Quote:
Who are these fundamentalist atheists who will not attend weddings and funerals in churches? I keep hearing about the fundamentalists atheists however no one ever provides examples of who they are or what they do or not do. Arach even accused me of being one in one post. Julian who are the fundamentalists atheists? Any example on these forums?
Julian has standard but contradictory arguments he just throws in to the conversation, do not expect a rational response. He is another Goldie, only his English is better.

Old 03-31-2021, 05:50 AM

16,679 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Quote:
This post was off topic. Why did anybody reply to it?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism