Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 07:17 PM

4,498 posts, read 6,315,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Personally I think, like so many other things regarding Christianity Jesus is either made up or a purposeful lie.

Eusebius who served as an ecclesiastical church historian and bishop. He had great influence in the early Church and he openly advocated the use of fraud and deception in furthering the interests of the Church [Remsberg]. The first mention of Jesus by Josephus came from Eusebius (none of the earlier church fathers mention Josephus' Jesus). It comes to no surprise why many scholars think that Eusebius interpolated his writings. In his Ecclesiastical History, he writes, "We shall introduce into this history in general only those events which may be useful first to ourselves and afterwards to posterity." (Vol. 8, chapter 2). In his Praeparatio Evangelica, he includes a chapter titled, "How it may be Lawful and Fitting to use Falsehood as a Medicine, and for the Benefit of those who Want to be Deceived" (book 12, chapter 32).
Did Jesus exist?

Has anyone read George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four...he who controls the present controls the past.Who knows how much of what is written as history is true and how much has been changed to suit the needs of the powers that be of any time throughout history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 08:24 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,857,528 times
Well..... the best theory I have heard on the subject is that "J" is a compilation of three different people, the pulling rabbits out of hats stuff aside, virgin birth, whales farting concertos at his conception etc. etc. etc. yeah, bling is not a new phenomenon, literary bling that gets believed, well.... I suspect if the original authors were to see how their works have been received over the centuries, they would probably laugh-quite loudly. As P.T. Barnum was reputed to have said, "one can not underestimate the taste of the general public!"

Old 11-29-2008, 09:09 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,258,363 times
The bigger the lie, the more viciously it gets enforced. If there were ever a shred of truth in the whole story, why the hundreds of thousands murdered to enforce the new religion? When it comes to exerting absolute power over people, religious lies are the most effective.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:13 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,258,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Well..... the best theory I have heard on the subject is that "J" is a compilation of three different people, the pulling rabbits out of hats stuff aside, virgin birth, whales farting concertos at his conception etc. etc. etc. yeah, bling is not a new phenomenon, literary bling that gets believed, well.... I suspect if the original authors were to see how their works have been received over the centuries, they would probably laugh-quite loudly. As P.T. Barnum was reputed to have said, "one can not underestimate the taste of the general public!"
I had read that they believe the New Testament was written by 3 different people - not so much that J is an amalgam. There exists nothing to corroborate the existence of so much as a preacher for the purported time period. And this was a time of great literary works and chronicles of the time.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:05 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,353,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It seems to be a rather moot point . . . since there is no question that he exists and has done so for millennia. His impact on humanity and societal evolution is undeniable. Any one of us should hope to have such a "REAL" impact on the world, especially after we have departed this life!

There is no proven or documented record Jesus ever existed. The Jesus figure is a mixture of various sun gods from myths over the last several thousand years. His entire story is a copy, from the virgin birth, Shepard’s in the fields, wise men bearing gifts, messages from god, stars, the evil king who wanted to kill him, raising the dead, healing the sick, giving vision to the blind, and at last death and rising on the third day. It was told in Greek mythology, Phoenician mythology, Indian mythology, and Egyptian mythology for starters, and they all pre dating the Jesus myth by thousands of years. It is the same myth just different times, cultures, religions, and people blindly following a tale too far fetched to be real.
In my view he did not exist existed as a god or as a religious leader. There is just no proof other than a book, written and edited by the Catholic Church as a tool to control the masses.
Take it to another level. He was to have lived in a time when Rome ruled the “Western Civilized Worldâ€. They were obsessive compulsive about records, and recorded everything, yet we can find nothing in their records showing a Jesus, a religious king of kings, an execution of this said religious king, any problems related to a new religion, nor any problem with the Jewish priest class.
Reverting back to the Christian Bible which can not be documented from day one we find only one mention of Jesus in (Corinthians) and it has been accepted as a forgery added to the bible in the dark ages by a Catholic Monk. It looks like Jesus never existed and we are living with the biggest fraud in the history of man. A fraud which has killed millions.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:09 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,017,657 times
I would say that probably "yes" and man named Jesus who wandered the land and spoke of miracles and prophcies and such did exist. I do not believe he was God in any way shape or form. He taught goodness and common sense rules...he was a historical figure, at best...but a decent man.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
I had read that they believe the New Testament was written by 3 different people - not so much that J is an amalgam. There exists nothing to corroborate the existence of so much as a preacher for the purported time period. And this was a time of great literary works and chronicles of the time.
Hummmm, more than three, luke, John, Mark, Matthew, Paul may have been one of the more prolific with his letter to Titus on Crete, and his letters to the Corinthians, and his letters to Timothy-the last of his works chronologically, Jude wrote one of the last(at least in the book)- as the theory goes, Jude was the J dude's brother- no proof of said assertion, Jude the Obscure (one who is seen darkly). John wrote the book of Revelations that reads like something timothy leary wrote while high on acid. Hummmm, there is no biblical reference for Lysergic Acid Diathalimide (please excuse spelling, if correct it is purely accidental). Of course, there may be others as well, plagarism is not a new phenomenon, and I wouldn't put it past the christers one bit. Oh yeah, one more thing, I've been zapped by the "edit gods" something about my using free speech too freely, at least in the pejorative sense. From this I need to learn not to let the christers get my goat. (rumor has it they will steal anything not nailed down)

Last edited by Dusty Rhodes; 11-29-2008 at 10:03 PM..

Old 11-29-2008, 10:03 PM

33,527 posts, read 37,128,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Hummmm, more than three, luke, John, Mark, Matthew, Paul may have been one of the more prolific with his letter to Titus on Crete, and his letters to the Corinthians, and his letters to Timothy-the last of his works chronologically, Jude wrote one of the last(at least in the book)- as the theory goes, Jude was the J dude's brother- no proof of said assertion, Jude the Obscure (one who is seen darkly). John wrote the book of Revelations that reads like something timothy leary wrote while high on acid. Hummmm, there is no biblical reference for Lysergic Acid Diathalimide (please excuse spelling, if correct it is purely accidental). Of course, there may be others as well, plagarism is not a new phenomenon, and I wouldn't put it past the christers one bit.
They are still consummate liars...Just check any creation site or AIG....

Old 11-29-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
They are still consummate liars...Just check any creation site or AIG....
LOL, no argument there at all!

Old 11-29-2008, 10:13 PM

183 posts, read 611,057 times
He exists and strucked down while you are relieving yourself>believe!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism