Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 10:02 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,599,276 times

Advertisements

Nope, no more than Zeus imo of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condemned View Post
Either you've been reading C.S Lewis or read someone's work who has read C.S Lewis or read someone's work who read someone's work who read C.S Lewis. That was his argument, however, I believe Jesus existed and either he or the people who turned him into the son of God, resurrected savior of the world, creator of the universe, God almighty are the ones who needed to get their head checked and qualify as a lunatic, in my opinion.

I think he had his fan club who took him from human to go though, but who knows. he may have gone the way of David Koresh and had them believing the hype too.
What like David Koresh? That kind of thing. Maybe possible. Interesting. I still doubt it though. Mythology is tricky that way. Things were different and we can't put logic to it from this century in my opinion.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:17 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,178,043 times
Think about this: Does whether he did or didn't exist.....does it change the way you live or treat your neighbor change?

If your behavior depends on whether Jesus was real or not...maybe you need to take a good look at yourself and what you really are.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:37 PM

259 posts, read 365,982 times
Well you have a legit question my little lamb. Off the top of my head since it's 1 am and I'm toast I'll give you some dates. Dude they didn't have cameras back in the early A.D.'s but I bet there are thousands of witnesses that want to throw you up in the air and give you a round house ! I think about the origins of Jesus keeping in mind a few Jewish calendars vs a intense christian (gentile) astronomers dates may differ. Many now believe Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit in Dec 4BC while Mary his eventual mommy was in temple during Hanukkah and 9 months later was born on (get this ) September 11 3BC Rosh Hashanah. Rabbi Jonathan Cahn on the other hand this week broke it down to Nisan (lambs are born traditionally in Spring) Jesus was the Lamb and Nisan 1st month of the jewish calendar 4BC. Whatever Jesus was born,grew up working primarily as a carpenter and stone mason withJoseph his daddy. As a child he honed his teaching skills, but really didn't hit the big time until 27 (30 -3BC) . He began selling timeshares no hawking hammers for money (got confused with certain TV evangelists) sorry. Jesus recruited 12 disciples (students) and preached the stuff in bibles that have the red letters emphasizing He was the way truth and the light of savation . He perfomed many miracles even raising Lazarus from the dead (4th day whew! don't go in there!!!) He did this for people who he knew would mock that whole scene someday (now who would fo that ? hmmm) Anyway, the Jewish high priests got ticked at Jesus believing he was blaspheming jackwagon and brought him to to Pilate where he was given over to the dirtbag Romans and was scourged with a flagrum 60-100 lashes then crucified (hypovolemia/suffication) died and placed in a tomb. He rose in three days (more than likely on the cusp of Saturday (Sabbath) and discovered risen Sunday morning by Mary Mag. He hobnobbed around town in his heavenly body witnessed by the now apostles (sent out ) and town folks. 40 days later he assended in the clouds in front of his believers (500) and the apostles (Mathias replaced Judas) and He will return (nect Tuesday) silly after the 7 year Tribulation and set up shop for 1000 years (you'll be there in your heavenly body assigned to some duty (millenium). I'll see you there. God Bless! It was all recorded and 40 scholars from like 20 countries put this together
from testamonials and various epistles (13 alone from Paul) !

Last edited by Rabbidave; 11-18-2012 at 11:49 PM..

Old 11-22-2012, 07:43 PM

If you look horizontal through history at different times, you realize there are more than just one story about a "Jesus" like prophet. So similar in fact that you begin to realize that the times all over the world were changing to a new direction. Muslims have a similar story as do other religious beliefs of that time. Stories of that time were slow by word of mouth but still went around the globe. You begin to see patterns in history around the same time. I think at the age of Jesus a change was needed and his story help facilitate it. That's how I see it.
Remember, religious govern was the norm. It's not like it is now, the two weren't always separate. You had to believe.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:25 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,325,713 times
I bet there were many prophets and such throughout the history of mankind. People need a hero, someone who can make sense of senseless things. Someone who sits and ponders things while they toil away, trying to make a living, some charismatic guy who can weave a good story. Answering the question "what happens after we die?" was and still is very important so if you can give people a purpose like "heaven" as long as they admire this being that's watching you at all times, is a good find! It makes a tough life worthwhile. It gives meaning to the masses. It controls everyone and people, being of the sheep mentality, easily get swallowed up in it all. Still to this day...

Old 11-24-2012, 10:57 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,585,637 times
There are enough and plenty of scientific and historical evidence that Jesus existed. However, we cannot proof that he was God, just like nobody could proof there is no God either.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:26 PM

259 posts, read 365,982 times
When Jesus was referred to as the Alpha,Omega the begining and the end that person might be a God. If Jesus said I and my Father are one" and "If you have seen me you have seen the father" THAT person might be a God . When he said to the knucklehead high priests "I'am" THAT is a designation for God only! Jesus tossed our a lot of little tidbits and was nice enough not to ever say duh? In Genesis God said "let US make man in OUR image" (the Godhead was present !)then!) By the way all of you in thread are great people to even have been here!!! God Bless!!!! Please read my earlier respose to
did Jesus exist and ignore the typoes I'm stupid.

Last edited by Rabbidave; 11-24-2012 at 11:35 PM..

Old 11-25-2012, 01:10 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,129,284 times
Just as others said, there's plenty of evidence, further supported by multiple documents and religions, indicating that Jesus existed.

There is no evidence that God exists or ever existed; thus being all imaginary until proof pops up.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:31 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,691,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Just as others said, there's plenty of evidence, further supported by multiple documents and religions, indicating that Jesus existed.

There is no evidence that God exists or ever existed; thus being all imaginary until proof pops up.
Actually, there's NOT plenty of evidence that Jesus existed, but its not that important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism