Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 12:07 AM

2,430 posts, read 2,772,229 times

Advertisements

Would Ben Franklin agree with you ? Ackowledged to be one of this counties wisest men..........Is his wisdom out dated?
'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 01:11 AM

33,579 posts, read 37,212,408 times
Strange question...Agree about what?

Old 01-08-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Strange question...Agree about what?
Why Do YouThink it Strange?

Old 01-08-2009, 11:27 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,930,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
Why Do YouThink it Strange?
Because you don't say what you're talking about. Agree with me on what, exactly? That the sky is blue? That we both like ham and eggs? That rain falls from the sky? FFS, just what are you asking?

Your question is absolutely baseless until you give us some clarifying points.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:15 PM

512 posts, read 713,304 times
Quote:
Would Ben Franklin agree with you ? Ackowledged to be one of this counties wisest men..........Is his wisdom out dated?
'
Do you mean country's? What specific wisdoms are you referring to? I think you should clarify.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOKThe1stTime View Post
Do you mean country's? What specific wisdom's are you referring to? I think you should clarify.
.Ben Franklin writings and go on and on.....Do you think his was a life well spent? ..If you don't know about him .........BYE

Old 01-08-2009, 12:28 PM

512 posts, read 713,304 times
Quote:
.Ben Franklin writings and go on and on.....Do you think his was a life well spent? ..If you don't know about him .........BYE
Wow that struck me as kind of a rude comment. Forgive me if I'm wrong. Well it is impossible to agree with everything that a person says or believes. For example: Benjamin Franklin was an alcoholic and a ***** monger, so I don't agree with that. You need to be more specific. If you can't think of anything to use as an example then.......BYE

Old 01-08-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOKThe1stTime View Post
Wow that struck me as kind of a rude comment. Forgive me if I'm wrong. Well it is impossible to agree with everything that a person says or believes. For example: Benjamin Franklin was an alcoholic and a ***** monger, so I don't agree with that. You need to be more specific. If you can't think of anything to use as an example then.......BYE
The FIRST day of the 1st Congress..........there was much argument.....some how those people turned it around.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:58 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,930,508 times
Quote:
The FIRST day of the 1st Congress..........there was much argument.....some how those people turned it around.
Good god, could you be any more vague?

Old 01-08-2009, 02:04 PM

I Can not tell all the things that Ben Franklin did..........he harnessed electricity , his experiments included flying a kite in a thunder and lightening storm...........if Franklin was an Drunk we should be so drunk.....we type and argue on a device that requires electricity..........he lived into his 80's.......i suspect he was more than most of use will ever be.........unless we can learn the whole story. Ladies and booze were not his downfall.........just part of his anti-Puritan behavior, but i don't think he spoke against virtue. I think he grew to embrace it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism