Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 10:17 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,218,757 times

Advertisements

Atlanta's not as segregated by race as you seem to think, unless you're in the 'burbs perhaps (but I never go there anymore). I work in Midtown, and spend most of my time in the intown neighborhoods, and there's a great mix of people and interracial couples all over town. As far as finding the right guy, I'm interested just based on how you described yourself, but I and many guys like me apparently don't make enough to warrant a glance from you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
Your statement is on the harsh side. I don't believe wanting a person who has similar beliefs, earnings, education, religious affiliation, upbringing, etc., is "wanting too much."

For example, since I don't drink or smoke, I only date men who do not drink or smoke either. I think relationships tend to be more successful when we date people who share a similar way of life, because the commonality makes things less stressful.
This makes sense; there's no need to compromise wholesale, but odds are you'll have to compromise on at least part of what you want. I'm curious: what "similar beliefs ... education, religious affiliaton, and upbringing" are you looking for?

Old 03-25-2013, 07:13 PM

353 posts, read 395,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanarkand A East View Post
Atlanta's not as segregated by race as you seem to think, unless you're in the 'burbs perhaps (but I never go there anymore). I work in Midtown, and spend most of my time in the intown neighborhoods, and there's a great mix of people and interracial couples all over town. As far as finding the right guy, I'm interested just based on how you described yourself, but I and many guys like me apparently don't make enough to warrant a glance from you

This makes sense; there's no need to compromise wholesale, but odds are you'll have to compromise on at least part of what you want. I'm curious: what "similar beliefs ... education, religious affiliaton, and upbringing" are you looking for?
Just know that I am not asking a guy to have anything that I haven't been able to accomplish, achieve or acquire myself in terms of overall morals/ family values, education, career/income, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:46 PM

119 posts, read 212,633 times
I'm 33 years old and black and I have yet to have a date in Atlanta. I have a very active social life too. It is what it is. Some people were just born to be single.... While others have good luck. There are a lot of fun places in Midtown to meet people though... Good luck!

Old 03-26-2013, 10:43 AM

221 posts, read 431,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
since I don't drink or smoke, I only date men who do not drink or smoke either.
Good Luck!

Old 03-26-2013, 10:56 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,223,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozi30213 View Post
I'm 33 years old and black and I have yet to have a date in Atlanta. I have a very active social life too. It is what it is. Some people were just born to be single.... While others have good luck. There are a lot of fun places in Midtown to meet people though... Good luck!
It's not that some people were born to be single. Sometimes we are just fishing in the wrong pond. It is known that Atlanta is not a good place for single black women. Speaking from a transplant perspective, I knew very few women regarsless of race who moved here from other cities and found a mate here. I've lived here for 16 years and only 4 of my girlfriends found husbands here. The married women I know moved here with husbads in tow. Everyone else is single and dateless or in dead-end relationships.

Dating in Atlanta is difficult. It's even harder for black women. It's tough to find men who want to even take you on a real date, much less have any kind of relationship. They want to bed you but will look at you cross-eyed and crazy if you expect to be taken anywhere.

Old 03-26-2013, 05:42 PM

119 posts, read 212,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
It's not that some people were born to be single. Sometimes we are just fishing in the wrong pond. It is known that Atlanta is not a good place for single black women. Speaking from a transplant perspective, I knew very few women regarsless of race who moved here from other cities and found a mate here. I've lived here for 16 years and only 4 of my girlfriends found husbands here. The married women I know moved here with husbads in tow. Everyone else is single and dateless or in dead-end relationships.

Dating in Atlanta is difficult. It's even harder for black women. It's tough to find men who want to even take you on a real date, much less have any kind of relationship. They want to bed you but will look at you cross-eyed and crazy if you expect to be taken anywhere.

Everything you said is true!! I will date outside my race too but still haven't found anyone!

Old 03-26-2013, 09:42 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,162,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanarkand A East View Post

Zanarkand? A FFX fan?

Old 03-28-2013, 11:15 AM

68 posts, read 122,359 times
I find it hard to believe that some folks on here say that they have yet to go on a date?? I lived in Atlanta for four years and had zero problems finding a date or getting into a relationship. I have been living in DC for the past four years and my experience has been quite the opposite. I can not wait to be back in Atlanta in a couple of months to get back to a healthy dating scene. I too have similar demographics as the original poster: African-American, 30, female, 6-figure salary; however I am completely comfortable with men who do not make a comparable salary to myself, as long as they can hold their own. Man, I really hope the dating scene in Atlanta hasn't changed THAT drastically since 2009.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmv2atl View Post
I find it hard to believe that some folks on here say that they have yet to go on a date?? I lived in Atlanta for four years and had zero problems finding a date or getting into a relationship. I have been living in DC for the past four years and my experience has been quite the opposite. I can not wait to be back in Atlanta in a couple of months to get back to a healthy dating scene. I too have similar demographics as the original poster: African-American, 30, female, 6-figure salary; however I am completely comfortable with men who do not make a comparable salary to myself, as long as they can hold their own. Man, I really hope the dating scene in Atlanta hasn't changed THAT drastically since 2009.
As I said, I have lived here for nearly 20 years and the dating scene has been mostly crappy the entire time for me. I used to get dates in the 90's/early 2000's. Now I don't get dates at all. I am so looking forward to moving from here.

One of my friends lived here for 8 years and she never went on a date or had a relationship the entire time. She recently moved back to where she came from.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:31 AM

Some things work better for some people than for others. All I know is that Atlanta hasn't worked for me despite my efforts lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta