Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2022, 04:12 PM

16,679 posts, read 29,499,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Delta will launch a new Cape Town route.

DL: ATL-CPT, A350

Three weekly nonstops flights from Atlanta using the A350-900

https://twitter.com/ethanklapper/sta...Bbin_c2B6LLitg
Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
The notable thing about this is that it's totally separate from the existing JNB route (it had been previously flown as a tag-on or triangle).

ATL-JNB will stay daily, and ATL-CPT will be three-times weekly in addition.
All of this is great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2022, 05:44 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,436,068 times
Quote:
The notable thing about this is that it's totally separate from the existing JNB route (it had been previously flown as a tag-on or triangle).

ATL-JNB will stay daily, and ATL-CPT will be three-times weekly in addition.
That is really impressive to have that much traffic between ATL and SA.

Old 07-15-2022, 08:22 PM

16,679 posts, read 29,499,000 times
Quote:
That is really impressive to have that much traffic between ATL and SA.
Indeed.

Old 07-18-2022, 05:14 AM

https://news.delta.com/delta-adds-st...-737-max-fleet

Order for 100 737-10 aircraft with option for 30 more
Narrowbody jet provides world-class customer experience
Fuel-efficient planes help power Delta’s sustainability goals
Delta Air Lines will add the state-of-the-art Boeing 737 MAX aircraft to its fleet, as the airline continues to refresh its fleet to elevate the in-flight customer experience while improving fuel efficiency.

Old 07-28-2022, 08:11 PM

I'm hearing a big international route announcement is planned for ATL tomorrow. I'm hoping Delta brings ATL to TLV back.

Old 07-28-2022, 09:15 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,764,755 times
Quote:
I'm hearing a big international route announcement is planned for ATL tomorrow. I'm hoping Delta brings ATL to TLV back.
Interesting. What is the source? Is it from Delta or form the airport at general?

If it's DL at some point I would expect to see some moves on Capetown or some type of added connections with Latam hubs, given their joint venture.

I believe both of these recently passed some of the necessary government hurdles for starting up service, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear moves announced in the coming months.

I know DL was going to boost connections to MIA to deal with the LATAM merger, but I find it hard to believe that won't try to connect one or more of their currently unlinked hubs to mix with the LATAM network.

Old 07-28-2022, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
Interesting. What is the source? Is it from Delta or form the airport at general?

If it's DL at some point I would expect to see some moves on Capetown or some type of added connections with Latam hubs, given their joint venture.

I believe both of these recently passed some of the necessary government hurdles for starting up service, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear moves announced in the coming months.

I know DL was going to boost connections to MIA to deal with the LATAM merger, but I find it hard to believe that won't try to connect one or more of their currently unlinked hubs to mix with the LATAM network.
Its circulating on Airliners.net, one poster said Delta generally announces on Fridays, but we are not sure if it is Delta yet.

Old 07-29-2022, 08:41 AM

3,707 posts, read 5,982,315 times
https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...town-tel-aviv/

3x weekly ATL-TLV (Tel Aviv), in addition to the previous Cape Town nonstop.

Not bad!

Old 07-29-2022, 05:14 PM

Quote:
https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...town-tel-aviv/

3x weekly ATL-TLV (Tel Aviv), in addition to the previous Cape Town nonstop.

Not bad!
Yes for bringing Tel Aviv, back. I'm flying there next year, and so glad that I go directly from ATL.

Old 07-29-2022, 05:31 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,806,003 times
I’m surprised the ATL-SRQ flights are so expensive. Southwest only has directs at god awful times (like 6 or 7 am arrivals and 11 pm-midnight arrivals) 2x (one morning and night) each day with none on Saturdays. They have flights at other times but with layovers that like triple the price. Which at that point, makes you look at Delta.

Delta being well, Delta, serves this route very well in terms of frequency and times. But almost $600 for a round trip?? That seems unnecessary. The two cities aren’t particularly far apart as far as airplanes go.

American and United are in the same boat as charging Delta prices but having layovers and no directs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta