Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2014, 07:28 PM

2 posts, read 2,575 times

Advertisements

I love beautiful Atlanta but fast booming Houston has learned a lot in the past decade, we have many more tall buildings now than Atlanta and Dallas combined with 22 under construction or being built. We have a wonderful new neighborhood called "Midtown" adjacent to downtown and Montrose filled with young professionals who walk, take the rail or even bike to work, Just last week, 3 buildings over forty floors started construction. The convention center has tripled the hotels in the city and the parks and trails going into the downtown area have been greatly improved with hundreds of thousands of trees planted. Our "Second" downtown" referred to as Post Oak, or the Galleria area is booming with skyscrapers, new places to shop, an improved Galleria Shopping Mall and many more places to walk to. It's taken a long time but the secret is out. Texas, especially Houston is the "Juggernaught" of the South according to Atlantic Monthly.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:08 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,115,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deldave1 View Post
I love beautiful Atlanta but fast booming Houston has learned a lot in the past decade, we have many more tall buildings now than Atlanta and Dallas combined with 22 under construction or being built. We have a wonderful new neighborhood called "Midtown" adjacent to downtown and Montrose filled with young professionals who walk, take the rail or even bike to work, Just last week, 3 buildings over forty floors started construction. The convention center has tripled the hotels in the city and the parks and trails going into the downtown area have been greatly improved with hundreds of thousands of trees planted. Our "Second" downtown" referred to as Post Oak, or the Galleria area is booming with skyscrapers, new places to shop, an improved Galleria Shopping Mall and many more places to walk to. It's taken a long time but the secret is out. Texas, especially Houston is the "Juggernaught" of the South according to Atlantic Monthly.
That's nice.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:48 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,778,524 times
I got the popcorn popping! Anyone have any butter?

Old 07-20-2014, 09:31 PM

7,112 posts, read 10,137,275 times
Quote:
Beautiful Atlanta?

Houston has lined it bayous with trails which is nice. And Hermann Park is pretty impressive. The Galleria is like Lenox on steroids!

Old 07-20-2014, 09:33 PM

7,112 posts, read 10,137,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
No just hydrogenated oils.

Old 07-20-2014, 09:35 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,131,401 times
As if we need more Houston v. Atlanta talk; that topic's been beaten to death thousands of times on this site. It's a dead horse that needs to stay down.

- skbl17

Old 07-20-2014, 10:46 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,780,501 times
Looks like uptown Houston is in competition with Cumberland or Perimeter in the North perimeter, or Buckhead, not intown Atlanta.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:51 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,161,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
Salt. I want lots and lots of salt.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:48 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,778,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Salt. I want lots and lots of salt.
hrmm... I'll go ahead and pull out the kettle. Lets do this right.

Old 07-21-2014, 12:01 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,935,779 times
Quote:
Zzzzzzz ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta