Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 05:08 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,940,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
I dread Henry County on I-75 on the weekends.
We don't travel to Florida nearly as much as we used to but I remember so often flying down 675 then on the ramp just seeing all the traffic backed up on 75.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 05:10 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,903,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
We don't travel to Florida nearly as much as we used to but I remember so often flying down 675 then on the ramp just seeing all the traffic backed up on 75.
And the reverse on Sunday afternoons.

Old 02-19-2015, 05:15 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,940,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
And the reverse on Sunday afternoons.
We were almost always coming in late at night, getting home near midnight so we typically didn't run into return traffic fortunately.

Old 02-19-2015, 05:32 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
We were almost always coming in late at night, getting home near midnight so we typically didn't run into return traffic fortunately.
I've hit it at night as well. There are a lot of accidents on that stretch.

Old 02-19-2015, 05:33 PM
bu2

Sunday afternoons trying to get to the airport from the south was always a challenge.

Old 02-19-2015, 05:55 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,378,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
I-75 SouthMetro Toll Lanes Construction progressing. Flyover Ramp Beams are being placed, as well as new Walls are being Constructed in McDonough. Traffic seems to be getting worse as well, but much to be expected with the Deverting of Traffic and lanes as the outer lane and Sound barrier walls are constructed before they proceed to construct the inner reversable Lane.
I would love it if someone could SAFELY take some photos of the project and post it to the board. SAFELY. Or does GDOT ever post construction photos? I hardly ever see anything on the websites for these projects.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:51 PM

209 posts, read 276,666 times
Like all toll lanes, it will improve traffic for those who are willing to pay the toll.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:27 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,258,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas.smith1 View Post
Being a Henry county resident, I am upset that this is the best that GDOT could do for the traffic issues on I-75. The previous poster said he doesn't know the traffic patterns ... well I do! Personally I avoid 75 as much as possible. Like any other area, Friday is generally the worst. The flaw with this build, is peak traffic is affected on both sides. Morning traffic issues normally head into Atlanta/Northside in the AM...afternoon traffic issues flow into Henry county in the afternoon rush hour. The problem is while Southbound might be backed up everyday from Mt. Zion Rd/or SR 138 to Jodeco Rd. Northbound can also be backed up from Jodeco Rd. to Bill Gardner Pkwy. (basically the entire stretch of 75 through the county). Having said that, with these new reversible lanes, they will run south into the county (from ATL) in the afternoon), even though many times northbound is backed up badly (especially around Spring Break, and Holidays(check google maps sometimes)). I even emailed the project coordinator several times, SENT MAPS OF HOW THE TRAFFIC LOOKED AND THE NORMAL FRIDAY TRAFFIC, PROVING MY POINT ABOUT THE ABNORMAL TRAFFIC FLOWS (DUE TO BEING THE FLORIDA GATEWAY), NO REPLY!!

Tried to post a Friday typical traffic map from google hope it works
This! I often come to Atlanta on weekends and sit on 75 north in Henry forever 8n a Friday late afternoon. As an infrequent commuter I do look forward to this project however. When picking up family from the airport and driving home (south) I would pay $20 happily to avoid the colossal disaster the Eagles Landing Hudson Bridge 675 interchange has become. I want to know what brilliant traffic engineer thought 7 or 8 lanes merging to 3 was a sane design.

Bless all of you who drive this daily. I would drive off a cliff I think if I had to endure that drive on a daily basis.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:12 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,824,086 times
I rarely drive on the south side, but when I do, I find traffic so much less congested. I'm not in a position state how it typically, but on the worst day, I cannot believe it would be nearly as bad a Gwinett. Maybe this plan could work for that area.

My only thing is this for the continuous highway construction in ATL metro because there is always something - plan for the future. It's like whatever is being constructed only addresses the current issues and by the time it's done, those issues have escalated so the fixes that take years to implemwent are like the biggest stack of nothing ever.

Old 05-13-2015, 04:36 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,964,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
I rarely drive on the south side, but when I do, I find traffic so much less congested. I'm not in a position state how it typically, but on the worst day, I cannot believe it would be nearly as bad a Gwinett. Maybe this plan could work for that area.
On a normal weekday, it's not quite as bad as Gwinnett. The difference is the weekends when you have all the travelers heading to or from Florida. I can't even count how many times I've sat in traffic there on Fridays and Sundays. I-85 in Gwinnett doesn't really have that....or the sheer amount of lanes probably allow weekend travelers to be overlooked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta