Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 09:52 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,157,618 times

Advertisements

Wow some of y'all are hypersensitive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 10:14 PM

155 posts, read 206,787 times
Whether dude was in the wrong or not. The police could have simply shot at his car to slow him down or something.. Like I just was a victim of racial profiling by a Lowndes County sheriff in Valdosta,GA. I'm very tired of racist people. Like the citizens in the middle east treated me like a human being and never judged me by my skin color. Then come back to America and have to defend for myself because of the color of my skin. This is crazy and getting way out of hand. These cops need better training and I believe if they have any affiliation with a hate group they should be stripped of their pay and benefits and also held responsible for the deaths of innocent people. Most of the people who are defending the killing of innocent people by police need much prayer and help because a majority of the time the victims are innocent. When I run for office, I will not be so relaxed on police brutality nor racism, sexism,etc. I'm just so sick of it because I Dont have rights as a black man in this country especially with the judicial system and no one seems to understand what it is we go through. Like idiots its just skin color. Not all black people are poor so whoever made a comment about him working at the tire shop and owning a masserati please take a seat and stop being ignorant. I can't stand that. So a black guy can't drive nice things or have nice things because he works at a tire shop not realizing that his parents are professionals.. That's what I'm saying its just impossible to be black in this country and live peacefully with some of you racist bigots. I'm so tired of it. Be the same people in the church to having hate for blacks. All I have to say is GOD got you. I know it's not all people who think like a bigot. This is only for those racist bigots.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:38 PM

925 posts, read 1,333,851 times
you can't win against the police, bodily injury or death is usually the result of not surrendering

Old 03-25-2015, 11:52 PM

1,697 posts, read 2,249,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaddeus_Hewitt View Post
Like idiots its just skin color. Not all black people are poor so whoever made a comment about him working at the tire shop and owning a masserati please take a seat and stop being ignorant. That's what I'm saying its just impossible to be black in this country and live peacefully with some of you racist bigots. I know it's not all people who think like a bigot. This is only for those racist bigots.
You're calling us idiots?

Old 03-26-2015, 05:12 AM

1,979 posts, read 2,383,572 times
Serious question, (because I may have missed it) - were people also asking when cops are going to stop killing black men when this guy was shot? Because that is a justifiable response to this particular situation, but then again he was naked and crazy and a veteran, so maybe doesn't make as good a "victim", for whatever reason.

Mother, grandmother of unarmed veteran shot by police speak out | www.ajc.com

Old 03-26-2015, 07:48 AM
bu2

24,102 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeoff View Post
Police do get killed by folks--often in situations more innocuous seeming than an felon stealing a car and driving it towards police. Maybe, they could have handeled it better--maybe not-police are far from perfect-but he forced every decision that the police made, and that got him killed.
Domestic disturbances are the most dangerous situations for police, trying to break up a family feud.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:57 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasuga888 View Post
you can't win against the police, bodily injury or death is usually the result of not surrendering
Police tend to like having authority just by the nature of the people who take that job. So you shouldn't challenge them.

Also, that authority is sometimes what keeps them from getting killed. So you shouldn't challenge them.

Too often you hear about incidents where Black people (like that Harvard professor who got arrested for appearing to break into his own house) get in bad situations because they violate that key rule. They've got that chip on their shoulder and challenge the policeman instead of saying "yes, sir" or "Sir, I don't agree," like most people do. They see racism when its just them ticking off the police officer doing his job.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:59 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryska View Post
Serious question, (because I may have missed it) - were people also asking when cops are going to stop killing black men when this guy was shot? Because that is a justifiable response to this particular situation, but then again he was naked and crazy and a veteran, so maybe doesn't make as good a "victim", for whatever reason.

Mother, grandmother of unarmed veteran shot by police speak out | www.ajc.com
There was some of that in the media, but it died down quickly. Perhaps partly by the response of the DeKalb police chief who has been speaking nationally on the issue and consulting with other police departments.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:03 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaddeus_Hewitt View Post
Whether dude was in the wrong or not. The police could have simply shot at his car to slow him down or something.. Like I just was a victim of racial profiling by a Lowndes County sheriff in Valdosta,GA. I'm very tired of racist people. Like the citizens in the middle east treated me like a human being and never judged me by my skin color. Then come back to America and have to defend for myself because of the color of my skin. This is crazy and getting way out of hand. These cops need better training and I believe if they have any affiliation with a hate group they should be stripped of their pay and benefits and also held responsible for the deaths of innocent people. Most of the people who are defending the killing of innocent people by police need much prayer and help because a majority of the time the victims are innocent. When I run for office, I will not be so relaxed on police brutality nor racism, sexism,etc. I'm just so sick of it because I Dont have rights as a black man in this country especially with the judicial system and no one seems to understand what it is we go through. Like idiots its just skin color. Not all black people are poor so whoever made a comment about him working at the tire shop and owning a masserati please take a seat and stop being ignorant. I can't stand that. So a black guy can't drive nice things or have nice things because he works at a tire shop not realizing that his parents are professionals.. That's what I'm saying its just impossible to be black in this country and live peacefully with some of you racist bigots. I'm so tired of it. Be the same people in the church to having hate for blacks. All I have to say is GOD got you. I know it's not all people who think like a bigot. This is only for those racist bigots.
You were doing ok until you made that comment about the Maserati. Any idea how much those cost? Most of them start around 100k. So unless his parents were as wealthy as a Donald Trump, they aren't likely to have given him a Maserati.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:14 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Too often you hear about incidents where Black people (like that Harvard professor who got arrested for appearing to break into his own house) get in bad situations because they violate that key rule. They've got that chip on their shoulder and challenge the policeman instead of saying "yes, sir" or "Sir, I don't agree," like most people do. They see racism when its just them ticking off the police officer doing his job.
Respect for police officers is a critical survival skill that any parent should instill in their kids. Even if they are wrong, you must comply. That's what the courts are for. There really is no better way to run things.

I remember watching this video when all the Furgeson mess was going on and this lady was expressing sadness that she was going to have to tell her kids to be careful around cops and be extra respectful in order to make sure they don't get in trouble. She was black and the implication was she had to do this because her kids were black.

NO. Everyone has to do this... EVERYONE. I was told this as a privileged white kid growing up on a farm. It has also helped me in a few situations not get in trouble. If I hadn't of said sir and been completely compliant, I would have a criminal record by now. While I know there are injustices out there, I've seen them, I just can't help but think that the majority of the claims of discrimination would be completely avoided if the "victim" would have approached the situation respectfully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta