Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2017, 07:18 AM

9,830 posts, read 7,257,109 times

Advertisements

Sorry, I was wrong, the MLS only play 34 games a season, and only 17 home games.

Still, actually the Falcons probably have the lowest season attendance of any of our pro teams. Probably it's:

1. Braves (81 games)
2. Hawks (41 games)
3. United (17 games)
4. Falcons (8 games)

With maybe the Falcons edging out the United, but probably not.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
What irks me is that people are trying to make cross-fandom a "zero sum" thing.
Seriously. Anyone that's like, "I'm no longer a Braves fan, I'm a United fan now", or etc, is the type of immature little brat that gives Atlanta a deserved bad reputation as a sports city.

I have always been, and will always be automatically a supporter of any Atlanta team, of any level, in any sport, and wherever the stadium is. It's not that difficult, people. Gotta represent the A.

The now defunct Atlanta Silverbacks played just outside 285 also, in unincorporated Atlanta in DeKalb, and I don't recall any complaints about that.

Last edited by primaltech; 10-04-2017 at 08:09 AM..

Old 10-04-2017, 09:04 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,871,072 times
Braves pandered hard to their suburban fan base and trashed their fans in the city in the process and all it got them was attendence far below their hopes.

Good riddance.

Atlanta is better served by teams like Atlanta United who cater to the entire region, are centrally located, and accessible by more than just a car.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Braves pandered hard to their suburban fan base and trashed their fans in the city in the process and all it got them was attendence far below their hopes.
They didn't trash any fans. That's all in your delusional imagination. And you don't know what exactly their "hopes" were, let alone that they were "far below" them. I'm sure they didn't hope for a losing record, but to be 12th in the league in attendance in a 72-90 season? That is pretty dang good.

Quote:
Atlanta is better served by teams like Atlanta United who cater to the entire region, are centrally located, and accessible by more than just a car.
Atlanta deserves better sports fans than bitter people and haters who focus their life on metro divisiveness and hating on specific parts of the region. If only we could say "good riddance" to your ilk (whether the OTP or ITP variety- same thing.)

Old 10-04-2017, 09:27 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,118,270 times
Quote:
Even if the Braves had sold out every game this year, you likely would've brought up the "It's still not as much as when they were at AFCS/The Ted" fact.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
They didn't trash any fans. That's all in your delusional imagination. And you don't know what exactly their "hopes" were, let alone that they were "far below" them.
Primaltech, it is becoming increasingly obvious the only one delusional here about the Braves attendence hopes this year is you. This has been shared to you in this very thread:

Quote:
Before SunTrust Park opened, Braves officials told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that they wanted to see 3 million people walk through the turnstiles in year one.
//www.city-data.com/forum/48086365-post130.html

Old 10-04-2017, 09:45 AM

1,054 posts, read 921,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
What irks me is that people are trying to make cross-fandom a "zero sum" thing.
Like this guy ^^^

Old 10-04-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Primaltech, it is becoming increasingly obvious the only one delusional here about the Braves attendence hopes this year is you. This has been shared to you in this very thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/48086365-post130.html
And as has been explained to you at least 20 times in this thread, if they didn't hit their numbers goals, it's not because of a few "holier than thou" hipster jerks in Grant Park with "F Cobb County" shirts on. It's because of the abysmal team and its abysmal ownership not generating enough excitement and interest with quality play, competitiveness, or star power.

Old 10-04-2017, 10:07 AM

Prime, I will take that as a "yes, you are right".

If you remember us "hipster jerks in Grant Park" were never real fans according to you and the Braves, so we couldn't be the cause of these poor attendence numbers at this new stadium. No need to be mad at us.

Old 10-04-2017, 10:20 AM

If you recall, I empathized with yours and others' frustration with the move, and I never called your emotions or reaction irrational. What's ridiculous to me is taking it to the 100th degree as you seem to have.

And it's all in the larger context of what's always been ridiculous to me, which is ITP/OTP opposition, a fake, fabricated thing. It's all one metro and just because I live in Cobb doesn't mean I don't enjoy or care about in-town. I know a ton more about Atlanta than most of the people living there. So all I ask from those in the city is to treat my area just across the river as a neighbor near the city, and not as some enemy.

I just want the whole metro to be seen as one united metro, where a win anywhere is a win for all of us. It's when you take that divisive attitude that I can't get onboard with that. And maybe you'll say "they started it", fine, but you all constantly continue it and to 100-fold degree. All you do is hate on Cobb and my neighborhood (where the Braves now play), and it causes a defensiveness, and it turns into a conflict that doesn't need to exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta