Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 07:13 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,891,132 times

Advertisements

I guess the post office doesn't follow its old credo. Maybe they make it through rain and sleet, but not snow. I finally got mail Saturday after not having gotten it since Tuesday. Since Monday was a holiday, that was only two deliveries in a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 08:41 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,265,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
I guess the post office doesn't follow its old credo. Maybe they make it through rain and sleet, but not snow. I finally got mail Saturday after not having gotten it since Tuesday. Since Monday was a holiday, that was only two deliveries in a week.
I'm glad no postal worker died trying to get me my junk mail that I'm just going to immediately transfer to the recycling.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:43 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
I'm glad no postal worker died trying to get me my junk mail that I'm just going to immediately transfer to the recycling.
Friday afternoon was pretty easy. I guess you only get junk mail. I primarily get that on Tuesdays. It got delivered last week.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:15 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,747,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
My mail came every day, and I'm on the Southside where most of the snow fell.

Old 01-22-2018, 04:03 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,367,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forhall View Post
You would be correct. Basically every other country on earth guarantees minimum vacation leave, usually close to 4 weeks or more.

Americans survive on an average of 1-2 weeks. This country doesn't know how to relax and enjoy life.
Which is really sad. I can't believe it when I see people choosing not to take vacation and would rather work. It's like we are somehow taught from a young age that taking a vacation is bad. It's crazy how many people think it's okay to only have a few days of vacation and will even argue in favor of having such crappy benefits. 1-2 weeks vacation seems a little high but I might be biased because of the field I'm currently in. We don't even get paid sick leave. I mean...that's bare minimum and should be law in all states. Some states are just now fighting for that. Forget about vacation days haha...we aren't even past sick leave.

Old 01-22-2018, 04:04 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,367,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
I'm glad too...I have heard some stories. I have heard them being forced to work in dangerous weather. Relieved to hear that this time they were cut some slack.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:07 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,016,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
Even today I was sliding on ice and I left home I think after noon.
This actually really threw me off. I never took into consideration exactly how slippery ice is. Nor did I consider how weird the temperature in Atlanta would be. Friday night (1 am) was freezing cold. When I woke up Saturday, there was still snow on the ground, the temperature was something like 50, and I didn't need a jacket. In Tampa, I'd be dying in the 50's. Went to do some touristy stuff, when we left, most of the snow had melted. And I didn't need my jacket the rest of the trip.

Old 01-23-2018, 12:47 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,390,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
This actually really threw me off. I never took into consideration exactly how slippery ice is. Nor did I consider how weird the temperature in Atlanta would be. Friday night (1 am) was freezing cold. When I woke up Saturday, there was still snow on the ground, the temperature was something like 50, and I didn't need a jacket. In Tampa, I'd be dying in the 50's. Went to do some touristy stuff, when we left, most of the snow had melted. And I didn't need my jacket the rest of the trip.
I envy you for the Tampa weather!

Old 01-23-2018, 03:21 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,159,198 times
https://rewire.news/article/2018/01/...ies-snow-days/ Not strictly about the ATL but it does apply to what we were talking about earlier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta