Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2007, 04:48 PM

11 posts, read 37,652 times

Advertisements

What are some recommended schools in East Cobb? Are there any in particular to stay away from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 04:52 PM

129 posts, read 659,613 times
I would very much like to know this too, as well as "why" to stay away!

Old 05-07-2007, 06:01 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,526,564 times
We were told by many schools to seek out were Walton Pope and Lassiter and the middle and elementary schools that feed into them. My kids attend Murdock El and so far so good. The curriculum is challenging and on par with schools we attended in the Northeast. I have a friend who is very happy with Tritt for the same reasons. I have heard (from our realtor) to avoid Brumby but I don't know why. The test scores weren't that bad. Also I heard to avoid Wheeler but since we have moved here I have heard many good things about it. Check out greatschools.net for test scores.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:59 PM

985 posts, read 5,759,052 times
Check out Georgia Report Card.

http://reportcard2006.gaosa.org/k12/...ols&ID=ALL:ALL

Also,

http://www.cobb.k12.ga.us/generalinfo/feederpatterns.htm (broken link)

You can also calculate advance/exceed CRCT on your own (not the exceed and meet CRCT score the site gave to you) to try to judge the school. Once you narrow down the list, then visit the schools on your own to find a fit.

Old 05-08-2007, 05:25 AM

254 posts, read 1,058,077 times
the best thing you could do for yourself and your kids is to do tours of the schools..I did that last week and am so happy I did. Each school is different and has a different feel to it..you need to find one that works for you and not works for other people kwim? I liked Tritt, Shallowford Falls and Garrison Mill..the vice principal at GM is wonderful and will be the principal at Keheely next year so I wouldn't hesitate to go there either but those are ones that will work for my kids

Old 05-08-2007, 05:32 AM

129 posts, read 659,613 times
We have done some tours , but time is running out for us and we will most likely not get to do anymore.. I keep hearing from people "we where told to stay away from sprayberry" but noone ever says why, just that it has "a bad reputation" but why are the test scores really bad? They are ranked 88 in the state from last years results. I think that is pretty good overall, but I guess if it is being compared to the pope, walton etc. Then I can see why. But is it "really that bad?" and noone ever seems to mention Kell?

Old 05-08-2007, 06:15 AM

254 posts, read 1,058,077 times
yeah I'm not sure..are your kids in highschool now or close to it? I have 2 friends that were born and raised in Marietta and both told me to stay away..along with others who live there now so that was good enough for me because a lot of times people who are moving hear those things and won't buy houses that go to those schools so I want to think about re-sale Not the beat logic but we wanted to make our focus area smaller so that helped
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: