Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 12:26 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,694,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhtrico1850 View Post
https://brookhavenpost.co/2016/10/03...-connectivity/

Park Avenue will travel underneath the Norfolk Southern and MARTA train lines and connect the site with Downtown Doraville and the Doraville MARTA station.

https://brookhavenpost.co/2017/03/13...nce-by-design/

Flowers Park just relaunched last week, and Downtown Doraville should be substantially renovated by 2021.
OOf. I'm sure the Buford Hwy people would have some choice words about all that parking facing Buford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 12:42 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,262,857 times
Wow, cool, that's actually a fantastic vision. Kudos to Doraville.

Old 05-03-2017, 12:48 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,249,979 times
The rendering looks horrible to me, in that I can't visualize what it's trying to convey.

I like Suwanee Town Center and Lillian Webb Park is decent. Clark Patterson Lee is supposed to spearhead Downtown Doraville.

City of Suwanee - Town Center | Clark Patterson Lee
Lillian Webb Park | Clark Patterson Lee

Old 05-03-2017, 12:59 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhtrico1850 View Post
The rendering looks horrible to me, in that I can't visualize what it's trying to convey.

I like Suwanee Town Center and Lillian Webb Park is decent. Clark Patterson Lee is supposed to spearhead Downtown Doraville.

City of Suwanee - Town Center | Clark Patterson Lee
Lillian Webb Park | Clark Patterson Lee
Suwanee Town Center is an urban island, drive-to urbanism, surrounded on 2 side by highways. Let's hope they can continue to build out and connect to the existing residential and commercial.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Su....0645212?hl=en

Old 05-03-2017, 01:19 PM

So I'm kind of underwhelmed with Serta Simmons being the headline corporate user of Assembly. I got a $400 foam mattress from Ikea and love it, sick of all the overpriced mattress companies.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/r...uld-tower.html

Would have been cool with GE or something.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:20 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,262,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Suwanee Town Center is an urban island, drive-to urbanism
Yeah, 'cause it's in SUWANEE. Jeez, what did you expect? How were they supposed to avoid that?

The Suwanee Town Center area is awesome. And their city hall is the best looking city hall building I've ever seen.

A commuter rail stop right there someday would be the icing on the cake. But until then, it's only drive-to for those that are driving to it. It has a lot of residential component integrated nicely into it, so for all those folks it is isn't drive-to.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:23 PM

When there are events at Suwanee Town Center, people park their cars on the street for miles and walk there too. I think they did good for the location, and now lots of cities in Gwinnett and elsewhere are copying their success.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:48 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Yeah, 'cause it's in SUWANEE. Jeez, what did you expect? How were they supposed to avoid that?

The Suwanee Town Center area is awesome. And their city hall is the best looking city hall building I've ever seen.

A commuter rail stop right there someday would be the icing on the cake. But until then, it's only drive-to for those that are driving to it. It has a lot of residential component integrated nicely into it, so for all those folks it is isn't drive-to.
Commuter Rail stop at Norcross, Duluth, Suwanee would be great.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:01 PM

City Council approves townhome development in Suwanee Station | News | gwinnettdailypost.com

That was what drove the design, though I'm sure Gwinnett County didn't help.

Suwanee Station was originally envisioned as a commuter rail stop in May 2000 and was zoned for mixed use that would allow commercial development. According to the council meeting agenda Tuesday, Suwanee still is identified as a potential stop in three of six routes under consideration for a possible commuter rail line coming out of Atlanta.

http://www.suwanee.com/uploadzv/RZ-2016-03.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta