Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2013, 11:46 AM

322 posts, read 586,282 times

Advertisements

Tuesday morning, the City of Augusta and Hull Storey Gibson Companies kicked off the redevelopment of Windsor Square shopping center by announcing the additions of Chick-fil-A and Krispy Kreme as part of a revitalization plan to create a new first class retail and restaurant destination for South Augusta.

Redevelopment plans will include improved landscaping, increased pedestrian level lighting and the demolition of vacant shop space to the left of the Post Office and Dollar General. The Post Office, Dollar General and Goodwill will remain on the property and SRP Credit Union will relocate to the Lowe's anchored center across Windsor Spring Road also owned by Hull Storey Gibson Companies.

Efforts to attract new tenants are underway with Chick-fil-A contracted to open a new facility next to McDonald's in the summer of 2014 and Krispy Kreme joining the property next to Taco Bell. Hull Storey Gibson Companies anticipates an additional announcement about another popular national food chain in the near future.

New Chick-fil-A, Krispy Kreme Stores Announced For Windsor Squar - WJBF-TV ABC 6 Augusta-Aiken News, Weather, Sports
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 01:00 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,386,825 times
I have to give credit when credit is do nortonguy been preaching about new retail coming to south Augusta for awhile. I don't to many of believe him because that mind set I will believe it when I see it. I was one of they myself now I see it so now I can't deny him again for now lol. Dunkin donut, firehouse subs, chick fil-a, Krispy Kreme, five guys, and etc.

We couldn't be more optimistic and excited about the future development potential of this key area of South Augusta."

Old 11-26-2013, 01:00 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,095,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -StarBright- View Post
Tuesday morning, the City of Augusta and Hull Storey Gibson Companies kicked off the redevelopment of Windsor Square shopping center by announcing the additions of Chick-fil-A and Krispy Kreme as part of a revitalization plan to create a new first class retail and restaurant destination for South Augusta.

Redevelopment plans will include improved landscaping, increased pedestrian level lighting and the demolition of vacant shop space to the left of the Post Office and Dollar General. The Post Office, Dollar General and Goodwill will remain on the property and SRP Credit Union will relocate to the Lowe's anchored center across Windsor Spring Road also owned by Hull Storey Gibson Companies.

Efforts to attract new tenants are underway with Chick-fil-A contracted to open a new facility next to McDonald's in the summer of 2014 and Krispy Kreme joining the property next to Taco Bell. Hull Storey Gibson Companies anticipates an additional announcement about another popular national food chain in the near future.

New Chick-fil-A, Krispy Kreme Stores Announced For Windsor Squar - WJBF-TV ABC 6 Augusta-Aiken News, Weather, Sports
Going to post this article and the other one in the R & R thread.

Old 11-26-2013, 04:41 PM

1,327 posts, read 1,911,825 times
That area of the metropolitan area was long due for this new type of development and really it should not come as a surprise considering all the new jobs coming. Plant Vogtle and the manufacturing companies will funnel new customers into the area, and image as the x factor if the US Army Cyber Command relocates to Augusta, both Grovetown and South Augusta are set up for an increase in development. All the area needs is improved and new infrastructure and you will see growth in the area the likes of which we have ever seen before.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:52 PM

937 posts, read 1,800,656 times
Great news! I love it.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:52 PM

New Urban Technology Center in Aiken Could Have Big Impact
New Urban Technology Center in Aiken Could Have Big Impact | Buzz On Biz

Old 12-21-2013, 07:26 AM

Augusta’s Historic Preservation Commission has approved modified plans for a new, 20,000-square-foot Information Technology building after the city’s previous proposal failed to meet preservation guidelines for the downtown historic district. The modification also spares a 19th Century court building, the last of its kind on the downtown government campus in the 500 block between Greene and Telfair streets, that was previously slated for demolition to create more parking.

Old 12-21-2013, 06:17 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,386,825 times
The building need to be taller

Old 12-21-2013, 09:45 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -StarBright- View Post
Augusta’s Historic Preservation Commission has approved modified plans for a new, 20,000-square-foot Information Technology building after the city’s previous proposal failed to meet preservation guidelines for the downtown historic district. The modification also spares a 19th Century court building, the last of its kind on the downtown government campus in the 500 block between Greene and Telfair streets, that was previously slated for demolition to create more parking.
Bravo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area