Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2016, 06:14 PM

808 posts, read 1,015,455 times

Advertisements

@All In For Augusta: I always thought Savannah had better shopping than Augusta long before now. I just decided to post this because it's Absolutely Undeniable now That Tanger has come and is Expanding and New stores on Broughton. But anyways i always thought Savannah had better shopping than Augusta long before now because Downtown Savannah already had national retailers and a boatload of Local Retail before Ben Carter Enterprise came with New Broughton Stores and Tanger Outlets
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 06:18 PM

194 posts, read 163,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albania67 View Post
@All In For Augusta: I always thought Savannah had better shopping than Augusta long before now. I just decided to post this because it's Absolutely Undeniable now That Tanger has come and is Expanding and New stores on Broughton. But anyways i always thought Savannah had better shopping than Augusta long before now because Downtown Savannah already had national retailers and a boatload of Local Retail before Ben Carter Enterprise came with New Broughton Stores and Tanger Outlets
Please move on. There's no need for this here.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:12 AM

220 posts, read 217,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albania67 View Post
Who cares? Well it seems that Augustans used to care 'A WHOLE LOT' when they always touted that Augusta has the better retail anywhere besides Atlanta. But i guess it only matters when you think 'you're winning' but doesn't matter when it's obvious that 'your losing' in regards to retail! It SURE MATTERED to Nortonguy and other Augustans lol

Please grow up!

Old 01-21-2016, 05:38 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,165,723 times
Quote:
She cuts and styles hair right across from 23 acres being sold off Tobacco Road. She wants to see the area developed.

"We would have more clientele and maybe even more stylists," Gaynor said.

City planners want to be wise about how Augusta grows. They denied a request for a convenience store to go in right across from the salon. Commissioners are expected to reject it too.

"I don't know if they are going to build on it or not, but hopefully they will," Gaynor said.

The planning commission says building a convenience store could add 1,100 extra cars traveling to that area everyday. There's already two convenience stores within a half mile.

"More stores, I wouldn't say a convenience store, but more stores," Gaynor said.

"Too much is not a good thing and then at the same time too little is not a good thing too," Gaynor said.

Development today doesn't always mean properties will be successful in the future, just look at Gordon Highway for evidence.

Augusta leaders think that planning decisions are crucial for the future of Richmond County, they don't want to see things taped off or boarded up, but they also don't want to see problems with congestion.

It's like what we see everyday on Washington Road or an overload of sign after sign competing to advertise businesses and restaurants.
Augusta planners want city to be developed wisely

Old 01-21-2016, 06:15 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,388,028 times
Make sense to me

Old 01-21-2016, 06:32 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,388,028 times
What is they building beside Bojangle on mike Padgett hwy.

Old 01-22-2016, 12:17 AM

A new project will bring 300 homes to the Whiskey Road corridor in Aiken. Whiskey Rd needs to be widened ASAP...
Quote:
Now add an apartment complex off of one of it's busiest intersections and 300 plus homes just down the road. Aiken City Council will consider the more than 300 home project at Talatha Church Road at City Council on Monday. The project is being done by Bill Beazley Homes out of Augusta.

Langhorst lives just across Whiskey Road from the land on Talatha Church Road and knows what adding at least 300 cars could do.

"It's going to make the intersection at Talatha crazy, I really think so," Langhorst said.

Tuesday Aiken City Council met to disuss the construction along Whiskey Road.
Mayor Rick Osbon says while fixing traffic concerns is a priority, growth will still come.

"I don't think the two have to be mutually exclusive. You don't have to say stop growth to address a traffic issue," Osbon said, "The two can happen at the same time."

But this new bustling intersection still needs help with many of the nearly 12,000 SRS employees using the road in the mornings and afternoons.

"I think if you get that many houses down here at Talatha, they're going to have to put up a light or something because I don't think you're going to be able to get in and out of there," Langhorst said.
New project would bring 300 homes and more traffic to Whiskey Road

Old 01-25-2016, 04:37 AM

61 posts, read 63,184 times
Aiken - Bojangles has begun construction in the parking lot of Whole Foods. Ladd Britt Auto Sales vacant building will be turning into a Krispy Kreme.

Right behind Cracker Barrel, construction has begun, with clearing and grading the area for a new business, but no signs to indicate what is being built there. Does anyone here know?

Old 02-16-2016, 01:48 PM

More hotels could be coming to the city. I'm glad to see that Augusta's economic growth in attracting more hotels to the region....
Quote:
Ramesh Gokal, president of Warner Robins, Ga.-based Peach State Hospitality LLC, said major investments such as Fort Gordon’s expanded cybersecurity missions and Plant Vogtle’s new reactor construction are helping generate year-round business in an industry that has historically spiked during Masters Week.
“Augusta has become a very well-rounded city,” Gokal said. “Obviously, the Masters makes it world famous, but the base expansion and the nuclear plant and all hospitals and corporate growth has made it a very attractive hotel market.”
Peach State Hospitality opened the 124-room Residence Inn last summer on a 3.6-acre parcel near the Wheeler Road-Bobby Jones Expressway interchange. Construction for the planned 88-room SpringHill Suites hotel – located on an adjacent 3-acre parcel, would begin within the next 90 days, Gokal said.
He said completing the SpringHill Suites project would take 12-15 months, after which time the company might consider developing its third hotel on another site.
“We’re looking around with a possibility of another one down the road,” he said. “We like the Augusta market and we want to have a good presence.”
Augusta's growth prompting hotel developer to consider more construction | The Augusta Chronicle

Old 03-10-2016, 06:28 PM

A new 260 unit apartment complex is being proposed for the Riverwatch Village area.
Planning & Zoning - Project Search Details
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area