Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2012, 09:11 PM

206 posts, read 370,248 times

Advertisements

The tax rate ensures that I lose 2% of that investment every year. if I add up the interest paid then im losing another 8% each year. If I want to cash in that investment then I lose another 6%. Id rather pay as little as possible and find a well performing situation. The appreciation of the asset when selling is the least impact if you look at it as an investment.

Not sure how I start a new discussion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 05:47 PM

302 posts, read 690,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owlman View Post
Unless you're planning on living in the new Alamo Drafthouse, please have your house & school discussion in a separate thread.
This.

Sorry guys, but you've sort of hijacked the thread for an entirely unrelated real estate discussion.

I kept trying to figure out what it had to do with Parkside Village, when the answer was that it had nothing to do with it whatsoever.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:23 AM

46 posts, read 94,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llkltk View Post
No Amy's Ice Cream since TCBY is coming. Frankly, Amy's is too expensive! I welcome TCBY where you can regulate your serving. Plus, it's slightly healthier!
It is more then slightly healthier.. unless you overload with candy toppings... Check out the website for the nutrition... TCBY - Menu + Nutrition

If you like dreamsicles try out the Mango Sorbert and white chocolate mousse swirled it is amazing!

TCBY will be awesome! Best tasting yogurt in my opinion with more variety and fresher toppings... Can't wait!

Def. right on the price too... for less then $3.50 at tcby you will more then likely be able to get 8 ounces of yogurt (based on a .42 per ounce which seems to be common)

Can't wait! Z-Pizza is pretty darn good too and perfect to take the kids too and then get a cup or scoop of frozen yogurt at TCBY.

Still pretty confident that is not an AT&T.... No orange awnings... and never seen a standalone cell store in a prime location... depend of other traffic...

Old 03-05-2012, 10:48 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,017,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin=Heaven View Post
Still pretty confident that is not an AT&T.... No orange awnings... and never seen a standalone cell store in a prime location... depend of other traffic...
There's AT&T boxes inside.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:46 AM

2,185 posts, read 6,434,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungpv View Post
There's AT&T boxes inside.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Old 03-05-2012, 11:59 AM

Im excited about the draughthouse personally. Its a great location and about 10 minutes from anywhere in south austin. They need to finish 45 expansion sooner than planned so that the I-35 traffic can be routed over to mopac. It would make it easier for the folks in buda and kyle to get to the theatre.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:35 PM

2,185 posts, read 6,434,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suit-n-tie white guy View Post
Im excited about the draughthouse personally. Its a great location and about 10 minutes from anywhere in south austin. They need to finish 45 expansion sooner than planned so that the I-35 traffic can be routed over to mopac. It would make it easier for the folks in buda and kyle to get to the theatre.
Uh oh, I think you opened up a can of worms! SW Austin is not too keen on that expansion going through.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:54 PM

1,825 posts, read 2,828,191 times
Quote:
They need to finish 45 expansion sooner than planned so that the I-35 traffic can be routed over to mopac.
NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo.....

I haven't even moved down yet and I'm practicing my NIMBY.

Just kidding though. If I were over by 35 I'd want the same thing. Your job is to find something over there for us to visit!

Old 03-05-2012, 04:58 PM

Theres an auto circuit further east of there. It sounds like its going to be a big deal. I think that development at 35 had like 100 stores and an ampitheatre. There.s a wildlife ranch and a state park out east. South congress is pretty nice i've heard. The best bbq in the state is in lockhart and gruene down off 35 is nice. those are the places ive been told about but I need to get and see for myself.

Last edited by suit-n-tie white guy; 03-05-2012 at 05:51 PM..

Old 03-05-2012, 05:11 PM

302 posts, read 690,588 times
SW45...

There's actually a whole website dedicated to not connecting SW45 to MoPac.

http://keepmopaclocal.org/

If you drive MoPac currently, you'll understand why.

Connecting them "might" help folk who bought houses in Hays County (w/o taking into account the horrible traffic they'd have to deal with on Brodie, I might add), but it's of no help at all to the folk who already use it.

I'm with Aquitaine on this one. I was for it, but then paid closer attention and realized it wasn't saving a heck of a lot of time getting to I35... but it was adding a heck of a lot of traffic to an already congested MoPac.

NIMBY is a pretty contagious thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin