Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2012, 09:46 AM

46 posts, read 94,127 times

Advertisements

This TCBY will offer behind the counter hard hand scooped Yogurt as well.. And the self serve yogurt is the same taste same quality same product as it is when they serve it for you.

The owners are a father and son team from the area and were very friendly and down to earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 10:09 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,557,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark311 View Post
I'm still unsure about the whole new "self serve" concept for TCBY. I went to the one on campus last week with my almost 3 year-old and it was such an easier experience compared to chasing him around a self-serve place. It seems like all the yogurt places are switching to self serve I guess because it's probably more profitable.

We did also make it to "Berry Cool" 10sCoachRick and it was pretty good. I think the quality at Caffe Yolly in Avery Ranch is better. We might have hit Berry Cool on a bad day. The only type of chocolate that they had was sugar free. Low sugar is fine, but sugar free just kills the taste. I'm going there for a weekly treat, not to have some chocolate ice.
I think the patent-holder on the yogurt dispensing machines is the one making the money(IF they are getting paid!).

MY concern would be an expose' that would show the health dangers of customers handling the dispensing machines as well as the various 'open air' toppings. Plenty of potential for contamination, I reckon.

Did I tell this story already? Mom and child walk in the yogurt shop and the youngster doesn't like yogurt...mom ended up paying 35 cents an ounce for a cup of pretty toppings for the young fellow! Priceless!

In talking with the manager at Berry Cool, he's taking a 'artistic/scientific' approach to the mix of flavors and low/no fat and sugar-free offerings. I agree that sugar-free(usually with Splenda) is a totally different taste.

I haven't been in Cafe Yolly since just after they opened. The interior was so stark and empty, it didn't even look like they were ready for business.

Odd that they would locate two doors down from Tropical Smoothie. While the concepts are different, they certainly would fight each other for the folks looking for a frozen, refreshing treat.

To head back toward the topic, I'd love to see a TCBY show up around here...NOT that I need another place to indulge my sweet tooth!

Y'all enjoy your new TCBY 'down there'...IF they ever get open!

Old 06-12-2012, 01:57 PM

46 posts, read 94,127 times
Just nice to have new things come to the area around you. Rather be excited than complain and be negative.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:02 PM

6,333 posts, read 18,060,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungpv View Post
All this excitement over an effing yogurt shop makes me think Circle C may be the most boring place south of the river.
Yeah, I wonder what would happen if a Bealls was to open and run a special on beige corduroys.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:09 PM

15,269 posts, read 35,646,924 times
My mom used to buy those for me as a kid....you just made me shudder...

Old 06-12-2012, 02:15 PM

6,333 posts, read 18,060,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
My mom used to buy those for me as a kid....you just made me shudder...
The bell bottom "cords" were "in" when I was a kid in the 1970s. In fact, I might have been wearing a pair the first time I ever tasted frozen yogurt! In the late 1970s I think.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:52 PM

1,825 posts, read 2,829,120 times
I doubt Circle C would ever approve of an F1 track anywhere near us, plus commercial development is limited by the environmental limitations.

If there wasn't enough parking for a Z'Tejas, I doubt anything bigger than that (after the Alamo) is going to land here.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:17 PM

1,825 posts, read 2,829,120 times
I dunno how anyone around here would feel about the world's wealthiest citizens, but Austin ain't Monaco. I think they'd probably feel more uncomfortable about us than we would about them.

If by "the die is cast" you mean "we have to live with the awful Circle C" then I guess so. I like it quite a lot though.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:12 PM

2,185 posts, read 6,435,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Texas Person View Post
When will sw austin actually get something unique, like a 300 million dollar formula one facility, or a schlitterbahn? The amenities are sorely lacking for the amount of people the developers have packed in there.
Ooh, no one wants any of that down here. Keep it in Cedar Park please!

Old 06-13-2012, 07:17 AM

27 posts, read 45,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llkltk View Post
Ooh, no one wants any of that down here. Keep it in Cedar Park please!
Agreed!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin