Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2012, 10:00 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,637,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Still need a gas station and a convenience store.
The Exxon at WM Cannon and Escarpment is not the cheapest, but is very convenient (about 2 miles from our house and has a convenience store), and you can go to the Valero or Shell (?) at Wm Cannon near MoPac, as well. I fill up my tank every three to three and a half weeks, so those are just fine. They are on the edge of my bubble .

The furthest driving we have to do is Sunset Valley for larger retail, but we don't really do that that often, and it isn't far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 02:00 PM

46 posts, read 94,108 times
Dates are all pending based on the city I hear... They are backed up for weeks on approving plans for permits...

Old 05-31-2012, 02:32 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,552,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin=Heaven View Post
Dates are all pending based on the city I hear... They are backed up for weeks on approving plans for permits...
The Meat House of Avery Ranch was supposed to open about three months ago and it still looks like a shell(some build-out has been done). The other tenants are being told it's a permit hold-up with CoA. Yikes! Memorial Day weekend 'might' have been a good time to be open.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:57 AM

46 posts, read 66,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scm53 View Post
Still need a gas station and a convenience store.
At Hwy 45 @ 1826, a Texaco and a convenience store opened up a few months ago to compete with Buddy's. I always forget they're there, but they ARE close, esp. for those in southern or western sections of Circle C.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:24 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,637,527 times
Quote:
At Hwy 45 @ 1826, a Texaco and a convenience store opened up a few months ago
Oh, yeah, forgot about that one...but I still go to Buddy's when we head out to Wimberely and need gas....they were first there, so I will keep going to em . If you need a convenience store, the new one looks huge.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:33 AM

The City of Austin is backed up big time... its a huge hassle as well... Not to mention the green requirements @ Parkside Village is pretty astrenuous and massive packet of rules and guidelines. Not to mention that building (Where TCBY is going) was suppose to be delivered in Jan. and it actually wasn't done until May...

Old 06-04-2012, 08:52 AM

1,825 posts, read 2,828,191 times
I went to the Alamo on Slaughter for the first time on Friday night. It wasn't a big opening weekend but we were there at prime time (7:30). Parking was fine. We had to walk maybe 45 seconds from our car to the entrance and spent all of a minute in line.

As a transplant who had never been to an Alamo drafthouse (and who used to pay $15 for packed NYC theaters) I think I am spoiled for all movies from now on.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:52 AM

Big TCBY signs are mounted! They look great!! Hurry up city approve the plans so they can open!

Old 06-11-2012, 07:31 AM

2,627 posts, read 6,574,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin=Heaven View Post
Big TCBY signs are mounted! They look great!! Hurry up city approve the plans so they can open!
I'm still unsure about the whole new "self serve" concept for TCBY. I went to the one on campus last week with my almost 3 year-old and it was such an easier experience compared to chasing him around a self-serve place. It seems like all the yogurt places are switching to self serve I guess because it's probably more profitable. We went to that "Austin Scoops" ice cream place down there about a month ago and that was pretty good as well. It was nice that they had gelato in addition to ice cream. I wonder if all of the new TCBY's will be self serve or if they will still open some new ones that are behind the counter style in the future. Their yogurt is still at the top in quality. Hopefully the self serve yogurt quality won't be any different there.

We did also make it to "Berry Cool" 10sCoachRick and it was pretty good. I think the quality at Caffe Yolly in Avery Ranch is better. We might have hit Berry Cool on a bad day. The only type of chocolate that they had was sugar free. Low sugar is fine, but sugar free just kills the taste. I'm going there for a weekly treat, not to have some chocolate ice.

But still, if you just want a large quantity of pretty good tasting chocolate/vanilla yogurt at a dirt-cheap price, it's tough to beat Costco. Of course you don't get to add any toppings there.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:38 AM

27 posts, read 45,893 times
I e-mailed TCBY customer service and they responded saying the location is set to open July 27th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin