Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2012, 10:17 AM

6,333 posts, read 18,060,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungpv View Post
Finally made it to the new Drafthouse a few weeks ago. I really like the table concept but it'd be weird if you go by yourself and have to share a table with a stranger. The parking is severely under built.
And it seems dumb to have not built an inset right turn lane/driveway so that you can cross Slaughter and turn in there from southbound Mopac frontage. I think once the shops are built out and bustling, there will be a traffic snarl there on Slaughter.

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 10:39 AM

5,184 posts, read 7,280,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin-steve View Post
And it seems dumb to have not built an inset right turn lane/driveway so that you can cross Slaughter and turn in there from southbound Mopac frontage. I think once the shops are built out and bustling, there will be a traffic snarl there on Slaughter.

Steve
Or put the left turn into off west bound Slaughter at the light at Beckett, vice the unprotected turn now. Someone is going to get smashed there.

I have to believe the parking restrictions are a function of the higher impervious cover restrictions SW. That space between the Drafthouse and AT&T is a pad for a restaurant. Can you imagine what it will be like if that gets built?

Scott

Old 08-20-2012, 06:44 PM

2,185 posts, read 6,435,582 times
I was wondering if they would cancel that pad site because there is no parking for it! I heard Z'tejas backed out because of this.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:27 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,104,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scm53 View Post

I have to believe the parking restrictions are a function of the higher impervious cover restrictions SW. That space between the Drafthouse and AT&T is a pad for a restaurant. Can you imagine what it will be like if that gets built?
Isn't there a way to make pervious parking lots? I have seen parking lots that will let water pass through them. Are those allowed under the Austin impervious cover rules?

Old 08-20-2012, 07:42 PM

709 posts, read 1,401,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
Isn't there a way to make pervious parking lots? I have seen parking lots that will let water pass through them. Are those allowed under the Austin impervious cover rules?
Permeable parking is very much allowed, only it is a lot more expensive and it doesn't count for anything as far as the rules goes.. One of our offices in Austin has it. But like I said permeable uses for cars will not count.

However, using it for other uses does count, just not cars. Like if you use it for sidewalks or plazas and such. But if you use it for anything that is used by cars then it isn't.

At least that is how I think it works from my very very tiny understanding of the rules and such.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:59 PM

27 posts, read 45,910 times
TCBY is finally open! woo-hoo. 1 of the only places that I actually am glad to see put in Parkside Village!

Old 09-26-2012, 04:13 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,095,614 times
All I know is....you guys are making me want to do a complete 180 and move from Round Rock to SW Austin.

I know the grass is always (or often) greener, but the older I get, the more I'm realizing I just might be a central Austin/SW Austin type of person. I want a walkable neighborhood where I can leave the car parked at home sometimes. Some of you have mentioned walking to HEB! That would be wonderful.

You guys enjoy! TCBY sounds yummy!

Old 09-26-2012, 04:27 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,557,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.JT View Post
All I know is....you guys are making me want to do a complete 180 and move from Round Rock to SW Austin.

I know the grass is always (or often) greener, but the older I get, the more I'm realizing I just might be a central Austin/SW Austin type of person. I want a walkable neighborhood where I can leave the car parked at home sometimes. Some of you have mentioned walking to HEB! That would be wonderful.

You guys enjoy! TCBY sounds yummy!
Hey Mrs. JT !!! DW walks to 'our' HEB frequently! The folks in 'east' Avery Ranch or the Brushy Creek/Fern Bluff/Meadows/Cat Hollow/ area could do that easily! Just kidding! (sort of) Don't give up on the 'north' side!!!

Old 09-26-2012, 04:34 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,095,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Hey Mrs. JT !!! DW walks to 'our' HEB frequently! The folks in 'east' Avery Ranch or the Brushy Creek/Fern Bluff/Meadows/Cat Hollow/ area could do that easily! Just kidding! (sort of) Don't give up on the 'north' side!!!
Actually, we considered the Avery Ranch and Ranch at Brushy Creek area before purchasing. I'm not sure why we decided against it.

You make Avery Ranch sound nice, too! I think we picked an area of Round Rock that's just wrong. The neighborhood, itself, is nice. The surrounding areas are just wrong. I wasn't thinking about that when I forced my husband to agree to build in Lake Forest. LOL Avery Ranch and Ranch at Brushy Creek just seemed soooo far, but now I'm realizing it really isn't. My son's home football games are at Kelly Reeves, and it's really not that bad.

You live and you learn. My husband said we are going to die in our current house. I beg to differ. He just doesn't know there might be one more move in our future. I have to consider EVERYTHING next time.

But oops....I wasn't supposed to hijack this thread and turn it into something else besides TCBY/Parkside Vilage. Sorry!

To stay on topic....I'm going to drag my husband to TCBY this weekend!

Old 09-26-2012, 04:43 PM

1,825 posts, read 2,829,120 times
Walking to HEB is pretty uncommon. We live in SW Austin and while we can walk around our neighborhood, there are only a couple areas (right on William Cannon or else right near Slaughter/Escarpment) where you could walk to the store. It'd still be a little weird because you'd be walking down a divided highway, even if there are sidewalks.

I love SW Austin but there are very few parts of it that are walkable for functional (rather than recreational) reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin