Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 03:48 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,783,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by llkltk View Post
Accurate assessment? The guy failed to pay taxes from 1996-2002. He tried to rip the gov't, and the IRS didn't like that. He is not innocent by any means!!!!!
Did he pay -0- tax during those years? Or was he audited & owed more tax from those years? Where is this info available?

Did anyone but Stack die? I keep reading comments about innocent people dying?

Old 02-18-2010, 03:56 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,061,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Did he pay -0- tax during those years? Or was he audited & owed more tax from those years? Where is this info available?

Did anyone but Stack die? I keep reading comments about innocent people dying?
There is still one federal employee not accounted for. And at a press conference moments ago the police chief said it doesn't look good and the his/her family has been notified.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:57 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,376,071 times
Hmm, something interesting here...

For several weeks now, Alex Jones has been saying, on his radio show, every day, that he believes that the government was going to stage a false flag terror attack, either via a murder attempt, etc, and blame it on the anti-Federal Reserve, anti-income tax crowd, either as a way to scare people into accepting the body scanner devices, or as a way to discredit the movement, which has been picking up steam lately.

Hmmm...very strange....

Old 02-18-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartGXL View Post

For several weeks now, Alex Jones has been saying, on his radio show, every day, that he believes that the government was going to stage a false flag terror attack, either via a murder attempt, etc, and blame it on the anti-Federal Reserve, anti-income tax crowd, either as a way to scare people into accepting the body scanner devices, or as a way to discredit the movement, which has been picking up steam lately.

Hmmm...very strange....
I think it's just a coincidence. I think this was very real.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:02 PM

924 posts, read 1,644,708 times
Quote:

Hmmm...very strange....
Alex Jones is an idiot. End of

Old 02-18-2010, 04:06 PM

587 posts, read 1,466,981 times
Quote:

Hmmm...very strange....
Funny I was just about to post a link to his site. I use to watch him back in the day when he had a crude cable show with a sheet hanging on the wall behind him. Don't have much time for him but checked out his site a moment ago.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:07 PM

302 posts, read 690,645 times
Wow. A lot of you are treating a nutjob who thought nothing of trying to kill innocent lives as a the one in the "right" in this situation because "taxes are bad"?

It doesn't matter what the hell the guy thought. Right or wrong. The fact that he tried to kill dozens of innocent people to prove a point makes him a homicidal maniac. A pariah to society.

Don't try to justify his reasons. His actions are what matter, and they were f'd up.

Life's f'd up. We all know tax sucks, but it pays for the society we live in. There isn't one aspect of your life that tax payers didn't in some way help or contribute in. Not one. Taxes suck, but you should be proud as an American that your taxes are put to use making your life safe and livable.

It isn't fair? So, what exactly is fair in life? Go cry me a river. Sheesh!

Also, don't you realize you're basically encouraging this type of action? You are encouraging this type of behaviour by doing exactly what the nutjob wanted: calling attention to his cause.

You know who else does that? Suicide bombers. Good job proving that doing what they do works!

Old 02-18-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERiv View Post
Wow. A lot of you are treating a nutjob who thought nothing of trying to kill innocent lives as a the one in the "right" in this situation because "taxes are bad"?

It doesn't matter what the hell the guy thought. Right or wrong. The fact that he tried to kill dozens of innocent people to prove a point makes him a homicidal maniac. A pariah to society.

Don't try to justify his reasons. His actions are what matter, and they were f'd up.

Life's f'd up. We all know tax sucks, but it pays for the society we live in. There isn't one aspect of your life that tax payers didn't in some way help or contribute in. Not one. Taxes suck, but you should be proud as an American that your taxes are put to use making your life safe and livable.

It isn't fair? So, what exactly is fair in life? Go cry me a river. Sheesh!

Also, don't you realize you're basically encouraging this type of action? You are encouraging this type of behaviour by doing exactly what the nutjob wanted: calling attention to his cause.

You know who else does that? Suicide bombers. Good job proving that doing what they do works!
I really don't think anyone is justifying what he did at all. I think we are analyzing what would drive a person to do something like this and what kind of a person could be so driven. Clearly the guy was unstable even if one is sympathetic to his cause. He really doesn't have my sympathy at all, even if I partially agree with his assessment of the government. In fact, if anything it hurts those of us that have strong opinions about such things because then other people will fear we might be capable of the same thing.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:20 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,334,442 times
There are a whole lot of people out there who think this idiot is now a hero. Just go to Facebook and search for Joe Stack. It's totally disgusting.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTraveler View Post
There are a whole lot of people out there who think this idiot is now a hero. Just go to Facebook and search for Joe Stack. It's totally disgusting.
Well, that's a shame. But I really don't think anything I've read on this thread is justifying his actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin