Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 11:00 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
30 years ago I was enjoying a double scoop ice cream at 31 flavors. Trans Am pulls in next to me, door fly's open and hits my truck. I give the offender the eye and this girl says "it's just a truck" referring to my Blazer. As they walk away I agree to myself that I did not care to finish my ice cream, so I leaned out my window and dropped it in thru the T top onto the seat.
"Served" them right - LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 11:09 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosecitywanderer View Post
So I pulled into the parking lot of our local grocery store and right as I pulled into my parking space, some sour-looking woman with her kid comes out. She unlocks the car to my left and the kid immediately wings the door open, right into my car WHILE I'M STILL IN IT!

I opened the door, pretty angry but trying to stay cool. This woman was a complete ***** about it, too. She took all the time in the world to make sure her little boy got nice and comfortable before slowly closing the door. "Where did it hit?" I asked. She looked at me as if this was the least important thing in the history of man kind and opened the door again to indicate the point of impact rather than take the energy to bend down and see what happened. I found two chips, not too small but through to the metal. After inspecting it, I stood up and said, "Don't worry about it. But tell him to be more careful next time." She said not one word to me this whole time. Not a sorry, not a 'you apologize to that man', NOTHING. I honestly think if I hadn't gotten out and said anything when I did, she would have just driven off.

She better hope I don't see her car again because if and when I do, I will key it all the way around. I might even kick a door in or break off a mirror.
I'm with you. I hate ignoramuses too! Had a whack job dude bash our fairly new vehicle at the time in a grocery parking lot as he pulled up along side us, as my husband was still loading groceries into the trunk. Hello - drive much dude?!? He played dumber than a box of rocks and really thought we would just take down his insurance information. Uh no dumb aZZ you will wait right here while we get a police report to have solid proof it was ALL your doing!!!

Got quite a check for the damage and we ended up spending it on something else we needed - as the damage was only noticable at a certain angle near bottom of car. Screw playing nice guy - we got what was rightfully ours fair and square as we should have.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:54 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,222,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Sorry, but you are in the wrong here. I agree with you that the woman is a jerk, but her kid accidentally hit your car with the door. You were owed an apology by her. However, what you are talking about is straight out vandalism. Remember, 2 wrongs don't make a right and karma can be a bi... sometimes.
Are you kidding me? You're one of those people. Car 'accidents' happen, the majority of drivers don't intentionally try to rear end someone else's car but they have to pay for it if they are at fault. I'm not even going to bother explaining it further Las-Vegas-Drunk.

Completely agree with the OP, and with like many others here, call the cops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
30 years ago I was enjoying a double scoop ice cream at 31 flavors. Trans Am pulls in next to me, door fly's open and hits my truck. I give the offender the eye and this girl says "it's just a truck" referring to my Blazer. As they walk away I agree to myself that I did not care to finish my ice cream, so I leaned out my window and dropped it in thru the T top onto the seat.
Many kudos to you, good sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post
If she would have said "It's just a car!", I would have taken my mag light and smaked it against her car and said "Yeah, it's just a car!"
lol!

Old 08-10-2010, 12:04 PM

78,333 posts, read 60,527,398 times
The door thing is bad, but what is worse....parking lot drivers.

The people that zig zag through a parking lot at 25mph cutting between parked cars etc. so that they don't have to take an extra 10 seconds to get out of the parking lot.

Had one woman come within 3-4 feet of killing my 5 year old once like this as she zoomed past within 6-7 feet of my parked car while as we walked out from behind it.

Almost had someone take the door off my Z06 two weeks ago as I parked it about 5 spots out from the pack, went to open the door and had some jerk come shooting by as they did a diagonal cut across the parking lot. Hey, if the lot is mostly empty fine...but give the parked cars a little space for crying out loud.

A lot of morons out there.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:11 PM

78,333 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Oh, I came out of a restaurant a couple months ago having parked my Z06 in the back of the next door Home Depot parking lot 100feet from any other car.

Parked within 2 feet of it, with basketball courts of empty spaces around it was a bronco and sure enough the passenger side door was next to my drivers side door and there was a mark on it.

I rubbed the mark off with my finger or I'd have called the cops right there.

I left the passenger side door handle coated in the gooiest hocker I could muster up and drove off.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:27 PM

211 posts, read 640,980 times
Rule #1 - Don't ever f*ck with another man's car.

Of course, placing a decent-sized wood screw behind a tire while I tie my shoe isn't f*cking with another man's car. It's just conveniently dropping something. If they drive over it and get a flat, well, consider it writing a check to Karma.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:31 PM

1,341 posts, read 3,912,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The door thing is bad, but what is worse....parking lot drivers.

The people that zig zag through a parking lot at 25mph cutting between parked cars etc. so that they don't have to take an extra 10 seconds to get out of the parking lot.

Had one woman come within 3-4 feet of killing my 5 year old once like this as she zoomed past within 6-7 feet of my parked car while as we walked out from behind it.

Almost had someone take the door off my Z06 two weeks ago as I parked it about 5 spots out from the pack, went to open the door and had some jerk come shooting by as they did a diagonal cut across the parking lot. Hey, if the lot is mostly empty fine...but give the parked cars a little space for crying out loud.

A lot of morons out there.
Shewww, sounds like someone almost got knocked in the head with a pipe wrench .

Old 08-10-2010, 01:44 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,421,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR1665 View Post
Rule #1 - Don't ever f*ck with another man's car.

Of course, placing a decent-sized wood screw behind a tire while I tie my shoe isn't f*cking with another man's car. It's just conveniently dropping something. If they drive over it and get a flat, well, consider it writing a check to Karma.

LMAO!! I love that one!!

Old 08-11-2010, 06:59 PM

24,447 posts, read 25,978,821 times
I have found that a healthy sheet metal screw thru the drivers and passengers door into the pillars and the gas flap door work quite well. Make sure you round off the heads of the screws.

18 volt drivers work best.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:30 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
"It was an accident." Is the poorest excuse some of you can come up with? Is this how you raised your children? If so, please let the rest of us know where you shop so we can avoid you and your untrained brats.
Accidents are avoidable. That is why they are "accidents". That is what I'm teaching my teenager right now that is learning to drive. Pay attention at all times as most of the time you CAN avoid an accident.

I can not STAND the dinged doors in parking lots. Pisses me off to no end. I've had it happen so many times and we take excellent care of our vehicles. One time I'd had one only a day w/ paper plates and someone put a big doording in it in a parking lot. PISSED ME OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Oh, I came out of a restaurant a couple months ago having parked my Z06 in the back of the next door Home Depot parking lot 100feet from any other car.

Parked within 2 feet of it, with basketball courts of empty spaces around it was a bronco and sure enough the passenger side door was next to my drivers side door and there was a mark on it.

I rubbed the mark off with my finger or I'd have called the cops right there.

I left the passenger side door handle coated in the gooiest hocker I could muster up and drove off.
I swear there are people that do that on purpose. They see a nice car parked way out all by itself and they go and park right on top of it. I've had that happen many times. At the local SuperTarget where I do most of my grocery shopping I have about 6 parking spots I park in. They are all in the back of the lot and no one can park on either side of me in these spots. Since they are so far away from the door hardly anyone ever parks there so I usually have my one that I head straight for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive