Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2010, 12:58 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remisc View Post
And lets not forget the people that think the onramp merge lane is an actual lane, and then they freak out when they're running out of lane and nobody will let them in.
Don't like the people who don't accelerate on the on-ramp and then come to a stop at the 70mph interstate highway. Even my 90 hp 1984 Buick Skyhawk could accelerate to the 70mph before the on ramp ended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 01:16 PM

970 posts, read 2,969,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Don't like the people who don't accelerate on the on-ramp and then come to a stop at the 70mph interstate highway. Even my 90 hp 1984 Buick Skyhawk could accelerate to the 70mph before the on ramp ended.
While I've never seen that in person, I can imagine that's a pretty ridiculous sight to see. And, never underestimate a Buick, lol. My 403 HP Yukon can't even get to 70 that fast. :P

Old 09-25-2010, 09:20 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,249,222 times
People who forget that they're allowed to start accelerating again after a light turns green!!!

Old 09-25-2010, 09:58 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,136,560 times
People that have a huge gap between them and the car in front of them at a red light. There are some jerks that have a car length or more. Traffic backs up behind them to dangerous levels, sometime going to another intersection.

I can handle virtually any stupidity but this one.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:22 AM

232 posts, read 633,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosecitywanderer View Post
Pardon the list format but here are my driving annoyances:

• People who can't hold a steady speed on the freeway
  • Those who hog up the left lane
  • People who speed up when you try to pass them
  • Driving with front and/or rear fog lights on for no reason
  • Driving with high beams on in traffic or when they have a low beam bulb blown
  • Only one working brake light
  • Not signaling
  • Stopping to let pedestrians cross the street when you've got the green light
There are others but this is the list of my major pet peeves....
Pretty much my list too. Especially the people in the left lane that are not passing any other car, getting passed by people in right lanes and or blocking all other traffic. Probably the same people that list dirvers that "weave" traffic to get around them and never thought to consider no one would be weaving if they (slow drivers in passing lanes) weren't blocking traffic.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:53 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,879,478 times
Just got back from a trip through Kentucky, Tennessee and both Carolinas. Close to 2000 miles.

All I can say is holy crap

I think I witnessed everything listed in this thread plus a whole lot more.

I always said Indiana or Ohio had the worst drivers but now I think South Carolina holds that honor.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:08 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,653,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
The swerving in and out of their lane as they text, phone, eat, doing anything and everything BUT drive! These are the ones who think they can multitask.
These are the same people who can't seem to stay off the phone while they think they are grocery shopping. All you are doing is gabbing on the phone and blocking the shelves with your shopping cart. Please do your multi-tasking on your own time, not mine.

Last edited by ElizaTeal; 09-27-2010 at 03:00 PM..

Old 09-27-2010, 02:44 PM

5,870 posts, read 11,934,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remisc View Post
It really annoys me when I'm just drivin' along, doing the speed limit, and someone ZOOMS past me, gets in my lane, and then slows down. I don't understand that.
Thsi happens to me a lot. I like to leave a good amount of space in between me and the car in front of me, so it's like they see that as available space. What's even more annoying, is more often than not, there's no one behind me! So they sped up to get in front of me, only to slow down when they could have just as easily slowed down then pulled in behind me.

Old 09-27-2010, 04:27 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,747,076 times
People who keep braking when there is no reason to................I can't wonder how many times they need to replace their brakes.

I also have to agree with the previous poster..the ones that cut you off when noone is around and then they crawl.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:03 PM

5,870 posts, read 11,934,139 times
My new one today - people who honk at you when you're at a yield sign getting ready to merge. I pulled up, checked the merge lane - which sometimes has idiots racing to get in front of the line - decided it was OK to go and before I could there is someone honking at me. That rattled me so badly I lost my concentration and stopped which pissed them off even more. Honestly, there wasn't 10 seconds between the time the car went in front of me and the time I decided to go. Geez!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive