Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2010, 04:39 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,879,478 times

Advertisements

A couple more

1. People driving into and then staying in your blind spot.

2. Thumping bass. I like my music as loud as the next guy but I said music, not noise. Why does it have to be so loud your pos car rattles?

Last edited by Gimme3steps; 09-29-2010 at 04:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
My theory about 4 way stops : When I approach one , I take a deep breath and relax letting all 3 other cars go and then I go.

Another poster mentioned horrible drivers in South Carolina. Not sure what part you were in but SC has some of the most courteous drivers I have EVER encountered.
From page 76 of the South Carolina Driver's Manual:
"Four-Way Or Multi-Way Stops"
The most common usage of stop signs is found at the intersection of two streets where traffic on one street must stop and traffic on the other street does not, thereby favoring the flow of traffic on the more important street. Another situation is at an intersection where all streets have stop
signs. When this occurs, a sign reading “4-way” or “Multi-Way” is added to the stop signs. A motorist arriving at the intersection must yield the right of way to motorists who arrived before him, waiting his turn to enter the intersection. If two motorists arrive at the same time, if on different streets, the driver on the left should yield to the driver on the right; or if on the same street, a driver desiring to turn left should yield to the driver from the opposite direction.

And it didn't matter which part of the state I was in. It was bad all over.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:17 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,392,424 times
It really irritates me when my cell rings with an incoming text and I have to reach way over to pick it up to respond but the sandwich in my lap drips all over my pants while I'm turning down the volume of my satelite radio. At least my cruise control is on while I'm driving in the number one lane going 3 miles over the limit in moderate-heavy traffic. There is no-one in front of me and the other two lanes to my right are keeping up with me. In my rearview mirror I can see many, many cars all following each other real close in all three lanes. It looks like they might want me to clear the lane but I'm already going 3 miles per hour over the limit. Sheeesh!. Give me a break. I'm just trying to be a safe driver. I'm getting off the freeway in 10 miles anyway so please be more patient. You don't own the road.

And another thing, I always wait on the on-ramps and count before I take off because someone hit my bumper once back in the 70's and I learned my lesson. I don't let those honks bother me anymore. You have to get a thick skin on the highways these days. Everybody is in such a hurry to get to where they're going. I'll bet I get at least 30 hard stares, 6 honks and several one finger waves each day. But it's all good as I've been driving for over 40 years now including about 9 thousand miles a year without ever getting a ticket. So I must be doing something right.

<s>

Old 09-29-2010, 05:51 PM

513 posts, read 541,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
A couple more

1. People driving into and then staying in your blind spot.

2. Thumping bass. I like my music as loud as the next guy but I said music, not noise. Why does it have to be so loud your pos car rattles?
Maybe those thumping bass people want to live the Pete Townsend Experience!

Old 09-29-2010, 06:40 PM

970 posts, read 2,969,813 times
Quote:
And how come they never play any GOOD music?

Old 09-30-2010, 02:12 AM

894 posts, read 2,316,725 times
I hate people who don't stay at a consistent speed if they can help it. It's very irritating to be passed by someone who then gets in front of you to then just slow down, and then I have to repass them. And what do you know? They realized they slowed down and now have to get back in front of me. Just pass me and leave me alone. It's called cruise control.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBat View Post
I hate people who don't stay at a consistent speed if they can help it. It's very irritating to be passed by someone who then gets in front of you to then just slow down, and then I have to repass them. And what do you know? They realized they slowed down and now have to get back in front of me. Just pass me and leave me alone. It's called cruise control.
Quote:
A few more

1.People who are clueless at a 4-way stop. Either they have to be first through no matter what or they just sit there, til they get the urge to go.

2. The speed up-slow down guy. He can't seem to hold a steady speed so you pass him. That ticks him off and he passes you back. And it goes on and on...

3. The guy who turns on his signal and starts coming over, clear or not. It's like 'Here I come, get out of my way'.
You talkin' about this guy?

Old 09-30-2010, 08:57 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,765,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoore007 View Post
It really irritates me when my cell rings with an incoming text and I have to reach way over to pick it up to respond but the sandwich in my lap drips all over my pants while I'm turning down the volume of my satelite radio. At least my cruise control is on while I'm driving in the number one lane going 3 miles over the limit in moderate-heavy traffic. There is no-one in front of me and the other two lanes to my right are keeping up with me. In my rearview mirror I can see many, many cars all following each other real close in all three lanes. It looks like they might want me to clear the lane but I'm already going 3 miles per hour over the limit. Sheeesh!. Give me a break. I'm just trying to be a safe driver. I'm getting off the freeway in 10 miles anyway so please be more patient. You don't own the road.

And another thing, I always wait on the on-ramps and count before I take off because someone hit my bumper once back in the 70's and I learned my lesson. I don't let those honks bother me anymore. You have to get a thick skin on the highways these days. Everybody is in such a hurry to get to where they're going. I'll bet I get at least 30 hard stares, 6 honks and several one finger waves each day. But it's all good as I've been driving for over 40 years now including about 9 thousand miles a year without ever getting a ticket. So I must be doing something right.

<s>
LOL ! You forgot when you try and change your shirt while going in the fast lane with your foot holding the steering wheel , your one hand on the phone reading a very long long text and your other hand pulling your shirt off !

Old 09-30-2010, 09:01 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,765,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
If the guy across from you is turning right or going straight, and you're doing the same, then why not go at the same time? (that's just one example). Your theory just irritates others.
I signal to let the other guy go on my right.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:24 AM

Was behind a guy yesterday who drove for about five miles with his left turn signal flashing away. At the end of his journey he turned right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive