Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 07:36 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times

Advertisements

Rude obnoxious morons who seem to think lining up for a turn or other traffic delema is beneath them so they'll use an emergency lane or some other inappropriate lane to barge up to the front of the line then just merge into the waiting line with a to he'll with every one else attitude,usually these kind of people are driving big SUV's or pickup trucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 07:40 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,433,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Hugging the left lane, lack of use of the turn signal, sudden lane changes, lane hopping, people driving with a gangsta lean, drivers who don't realize their turn signal is on and drive for miles without turning it off, tailgaters, women on cellphones yapping or putting on make up while driving. More to come.
LOL...I gotta ask...Is it only women on cell phones that annoy you?

Old 09-15-2010, 07:43 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,747,076 times
The ones that seem to feel that they OWN the road especially the ones who feel they have waited long enough at a Stop sign and just dart out although a row of cars are coming.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:44 AM

1,437 posts, read 3,777,857 times
People stopping on on-ramps to highways. It's an epidemic unique to the Pittsburgh area I've never seen anywhere else. I guess everyone here never learned how to merge properly since some on-ramps actually do have stop signs up here. But the locals here like to stop even if the on-ramp is long enough to accelerate up to highway speed.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:48 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,344,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
LOL...I gotta ask...Is it only women on cell phones that annoy you?

Not unless they drive a 2011 R8 V10 Spyder .

Old 09-15-2010, 07:50 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,127,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugatu View Post
People stopping on on-ramps to highways. It's an epidemic unique to the Pittsburgh area I've never seen anywhere else. I guess everyone here never learned how to merge properly since some on-ramps actually do have stop signs up here. But the locals here like to stop even if the on-ramp is long enough to accelerate up to highway speed.
It's here in San Antonio, Texas too! You are not alone!

Old 09-15-2010, 07:59 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,944,075 times
People who cut off or refuse to yield for emergency vehicles are the worst. Right or wrong, when I see someone doing that to an ambulance or fire truck, I always hope that it's THAT DRIVER'S house or family they are delaying from receiving help. Or that next time THEY have an emergency, someone else will cut off the help they are waiting for.

People who text while driving/swerving are my number 2 pet peeve. So dangerous. If dh is driving and pulls alongside someone texting, I usually pull out my cell and take a photo of them and their license plate if I can. At this point, I've never forwarded it to the police, but I figure if they cause an accident, I'd like to be able to pull aside and give the victim that ammo for a nice, juicy lawsuit.

I have emailed a picture of a truck driver to a company. It wasn't a semi, but a pick up truck with a company name and number on the side. The driver was swerving and weaving. I was able to get a couple clear shots of him looking down at his phone. I called the company number to report him (via the "How's my driving?" sticker on the back) and they asked me to email the photos to the boss via my Blackberry. As I did that, we were behind him and could tell he was talking on the cell phone, then hung up and reached across to the glove box - presumably to put the phone away. The boss called me a couple days later to apologize and asked me to repeat my story. I also told him what I told the receptionist - if he hadn't stopped, my next call would've been 911. Yes, his driving was THAT dangerous! We were in medium traffic, not a complete jam, a construction zone, moving steadily, but only at about 35-40mph. If one of my employees had done that, especially in a company truck, I would've fired him on the spot.

Another thing that annoys me is when you're in traffic, planning on pulling into the left/right turn lane, but traffic is backed up to0 far to legally pull into it- and some genius decides to drive on the shoulder or in the path of oncoming traffic to pull around to get there ahead of the rest of us obeying traffic laws and waiting our turn.

Most traffic jams are caused by accidents. Most accidents are caused by people not paying attention. "Secondary" accidents in a traffic jam are always caused by people who are aggresive and inconsiderate drivers.

Last edited by sskkc; 09-15-2010 at 08:09 AM..

Old 09-15-2010, 08:02 AM

122 posts, read 45,828 times
In addition to everything already posted, I'm annoyed by people who think the speed limit must be for someone else and come up behind you and flash their lights or honk to get you to go faster. The speed limit sign means the number on it, not 10 or 20 mph more than that.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:05 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,879,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
I do that. You're not racing. You don't always have to be on the gas or the brake. We're both going to be waiting at the light anyway.

The one that irritates me most is not having lights on when raining.
I was referring to drivers who begin slowing with the brakes long before it's necessary.

I agree. You're not racing. But you are holding up the flow of traffic. You need to think of all the people behind you that won't make the light because you had to poke along. Not to mention the extra wear on your brake pads from riding the brake pedal while you're gradually stopping. Just get there and stop.

Agreed about the lights/rain. And also driving with just the parking lights on when you should have the headlights on.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:07 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,661,022 times
Making right-hand turns from the left-hand lanes. It's so common, I wonder if someone is actually teaching drivers to do this?

Not yielding the right-of-way to pedestrians who have a WALK signal.

Not hooking up their trailer lghts and signals.

Trucks, buses, and large vehicles that completely obliterate your ability to see traffic signals unless you stay really far behind.

Drivers making a poorly-chosen left turn, and completely blocking your line-of-sight for a right turn without you pulling WAYY out into the oncoming traffic.

Last edited by superk; 09-15-2010 at 08:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive