Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 08:19 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,234,283 times

Advertisements

I cannot stand swervers and they get a nice blast from my horn.
I also hate when people slam on the brakes when a cop clearly already has someone else pulled over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 08:20 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,433,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Not unless they drive a 2011 R8 V10 Spyder .

Old 09-15-2010, 08:24 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,022,277 times
Blowing their horn. Completely unnecessary as a safety issue, and boorish as a social one.
Usually used to make one of the following statements:

"What I'm doing is more important than what you're doing, so get out of my way."

"Oooh, look at me!. I'm so cool."

"I am so popular, that I meet people I know everywhere I go."

Driving is an activity that require constant attention, and distracting a wide circle of drivers to pay attention to YOUR trivial vanities instead of their own driving is dangerous, and should be punishable by a fine.

----------

The other thing that annoys me is people who pull up to a red light and then ignore the traffic signal until somebody behind then HAS to honk the horn to wake them back up and remind them that they're driving a car which is parked out in the middle of a busy intersection, and tell them the light has changed to green.

Last edited by jtur88; 09-15-2010 at 08:41 AM..

Old 09-15-2010, 08:48 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,879,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Blowing their horn. Completely unnecessary as a safety issue, and boorish as a social one.
Usually used to make one of the following statements:

"What I'm doing is more important than what you're doing, so get out of my way."

"Oooh, look at me!."

"I am so poplular, that I meet people I know everywhere I go."

Driving is an activity that require constant attention, and distracting a wide circle of drivers to pay attention to YOUR trivial vanities instead of their own driving is dangerous, and should be punishable by a fine.
You left a few out:

Getting someone's attention, letting them know they don't own both lanes.

To wake up the driver who doesn't go when the light turns green.

Animals on the highway.

And when you see a pretty girl walking down the sidewalk. (ah, to be young again)

Old 09-15-2010, 09:12 AM

2,497 posts, read 7,480,640 times
Slow turners.
Slow Accelerators.
Slow drivers.

That's about it.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:22 AM

961 posts, read 2,027,307 times
Honking/blowing horn barely a second after a red light.

Honking/blowing horn when it's not the car in front of you causing the problem.

Getting upset when someone stops the car to park (it's legal and allowed, what's you problem?).

Old 09-15-2010, 09:23 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,022,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
Slow turners.
Slow Accelerators.
Slow drivers.

That's about it.
I would have to add:

People who think they are driving the pace car, and all other traffic has to maintain whatever they designate to be the proper speed.

Wasn't it George Carlin who said: "There are two kinds of drivers. Maniacs who drive faster than me, and idiots who drive slower."

Old 09-15-2010, 09:34 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,689,212 times
What irritates me? Any person that is doing everything but driving.

IMO it would be a very good thing to adopt a testing procedure much like aircraft pilots have to follow since driving & piloting is much the same thing. One thing I'm sure of is a pilot type drivers test would weed out a lot of the morons that drive our highways and byways !!

Old 09-15-2010, 09:38 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
One thing that irritates me is to get behind someone who's coming up on a red light or stopped traffic and they start slowing down about a half-mile before they have to stop and then just creep up on the car ahead of them at about 1 mph for the last hundred or so feet. Just get there and stop.

It's most likely the same people who, in stop and go traffic, keep 20 or more car lengths between them and the car just ahead.

The left lane hog thing has been beat to death, so what else you got?
I do a form of this too, but not for any 1/2 mile, and I am not using any brakes either. Mainly I do tis on a motorcycle starting at some point in time where I can tell if I hit the light it will be red.

I am trying to stay moving and not stop for the red light, since a moving target is harder to hit that a stopped target is.

Lane splitting in NH is illegal, but if it wasn't i would ride to the head of the line and be out of harms way, and as soon as the light changed I would be long gone.

If I must stop for a red light before I do I rapidly weave the bike all over my lane, going to both extreme far sides and end up stopped at 45 degrees to the lane for some escape route. The weaving is in hopes of being seen.

If the plan is to make a left turn, and I happen to be first in line I will stay far left and use the island if any to block oncoming traffic from left, and allow cars by if they are hasty.

Once so far some fool who was up my tail pipes at the red light just had to be impatient and so I waved him around, as the light changed, knowing the vehical from the left was not going to stop and was going to run the red light. They crashed.

These days there are far too many people out there who run red lights.

And that does cause me to delay moving on the green, when I can clearly see someone IS going to run that red light.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:47 AM

3,306 posts, read 12,227,767 times
1: Lolly gagging in the left lane.

2: When a light turns green people tend to wait until the car in front of them gets 3 or 4 car lengths away until they start to move. This causes an annoyingly long delay for traffic to get through an intersection. People need to get their ass moving.

3: People texting, talking or day dreaming at a light and don't notice when it turns green. Pay attention!

4: People who feel the need to slow way the hell down before crossing a wide open intersection. Cars don't travel at the speed of light, either get glasses or use common sense, a car is not going to appear out of no where and run into you. Go through the intersection and don't slow me down!

5: People who dont use the center turning lane on a 3 or 5 lane road but instead feel the need to turn left in the moving traffic lane. I want to plow these people out of the way so bad. You are just plain dumb or selfish if you do this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive