Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 05:46 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,097,080 times

Advertisements

RIP . Yes this is really sad that he was only 40 yrs old . Vin Diesel left a comment on the twitter about how he is loosing too many friends and heaven has another angel . It is really sad when someone so young dies as a result of a horrendous car crash .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2013, 07:44 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,106,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberleutnant View Post
Does anyone know if he had already started filming parts for Fast 7? Anyways, RIP.
Yes, I read they had already started filming. No idea how this will impact the movie, if he will be in it at least in part, or replaced, or cancel the movie outright.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:10 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,739,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
RIP . Yes this is really sad that he was only 40 yrs old . Vin Diesel left a comment on the twitter about how he is loosing too many friends and heaven has another angel . It is really sad when someone so young dies as a result of a horrendous car crash .
its similar to ryan dunn, as he was a huge car fan and track driver

Old 12-01-2013, 10:35 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,690,945 times
Sucks. What a mess of a crash. Hopefully those guys were out before they knew what happened.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:39 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,435,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Sucks. What a mess of a crash. Hopefully those guys were out before they knew what happened.

Without a doubt.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...56_964x635.jpg

Old 12-01-2013, 10:43 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,730,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Yes, I read they had already started filming. No idea how this will impact the movie, if he will be in it at least in part, or replaced, or cancel the movie outright.
Interestingly there were plans for two more movies past "7" and then a spin off series of movies of The Rock's character (Hobbs). Wonder how all of that will be affected.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:55 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,293,496 times
Pictures like that one above are what I was shown in driver's education class in high school. We were also shown mangled bodies. These things are not shown in movies nor in video games - young people are not exposed to this reality these days.

So take a good look at that picture above. That is what happens when you drive fast. The reason there are speed limits!

Note I have been a very safe driver all my life - pretty much driving around the speed limit after seeing pictures like that in high school...

Old 12-01-2013, 11:06 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,033,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
its similar to ryan dunn, as he was a huge car fan and track driver
Ryan Dunn also died in a Porsche. It was a 911 GT3, if I recall correctly.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:10 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,033,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_J View Post
Pictures like that one above are what I was shown in driver's education class in high school. We were also shown mangled bodies. These things are not shown in movies nor in video games - young people are not exposed to this reality these days.

So take a good look at that picture above. That is what happens when you drive fast. The reason there are speed limits!

Note I have been a very safe driver all my life - pretty much driving around the speed limit after seeing pictures like that in high school...
No, this isn't what happens when you drive fast. This is what happens when you drive in appropriately fast for the design & conditions of the road. We don't know precisely how he died, but taking the car to a velocity greater than the road was designed for had something to do with it.

Driving the same speed on a road designed for the speed would have ended differently.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:11 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,739,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_J View Post

id be interested in seeing stats that support driving fast = more accidents.

people in the sports car world realize it is a possibility while driving fast, many accept these things.

however, you have to also consider...the gt that he was riding in was RWD 600whp and 430 lbs of torque, not your average daily car with < 200whp.

people drive fast all the time, accidents happen at all speeds
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive