Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 02:38 PM

2,341 posts, read 12,049,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Talk about irony. R.I.P.
I have absolutely no malice toward the guy, and don't believe this is some sort of just desserts. But let's slow down & arrive alive folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2013, 02:45 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,033,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageLogic View Post
I have absolutely no malice toward the guy, and don't believe this is some sort of just desserts. But let's slow down & arrive alive folks.
That's my bad. Looks like I misunderstood the meaning of the word.

Paul Walker was a great human being & it is truly saddening that this is how he left this world.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:25 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,697,954 times
Quote:
Drover posts valid points in this forum. "it", on the other hand, is like a broken record. "It" never adjusts their argument, never acknowledges that anyone else might have a valid point & always says the same thing, over & over & over again.

Which one should stop posting in the forum? The one who adds opinions or the one who wastes bandwidth by posting the same exact thing ad nauseam?
I know who you got "It" from. Maybe you didn't but I thought it was a funny coincidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
You mean people should never talk about their speeding because they died?

I feel bad as this guy seemed to be a good person. But fact remains driver of that car was out of his mind. Otherwise you explain how someone who is doing 45MPH or even 55MPH can end up like that?
It's not people shouldn't talk about speeding but people shouldn't mouth off before the results come back and even then it isn't always 100% because there will never be an account of how it happened. The people in the car won't say anything either.

In a Porsche Carrera GT (or similar hypercars), it is entirely possible to do 45 to 55 and end up like that. You touch that thing at more than 30 mph and it is totaled. I learned the hard way with my old NSX. That's the joy of aluminum and/or carbon fiber monocoque. Fantastic for handling but the integrity is so compromised after collisions that it is mind-blowing. You make a collision at that speed around a pole or tree and something can easily ignite.

Last edited by Yellow Jacket; 12-01-2013 at 04:33 PM..

Old 12-01-2013, 04:28 PM

993 posts, read 1,561,689 times
I was so shocked to see this headline this morning, and so sorry for his 15 year old daughter.

RIP, Paul. I had the biggest crush on him back in the early 2000s. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:41 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,551,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
The driver was Roger Rodas, owner and CEO of Always Evolving motorsports. He was a very experienced driver. More information about him can be found on their website http://alwaysevolving.com/

He had a lot of track experience and is probably a better driver than 99% of drivers out there. Something went very wrong here, but do not make the mistake of thinking this was some punk kid tearing around in a car he knew nothing about and couldn't handle. He was also very involved in charities, such as Dream Rides 4 Kids, and Reach out Worldwide.

If you're going to talk badly about the dead, you should probably consider that he did more for humanity and charitable causes than you ever will.
McKinney, thank you! I know Paul Walker was a good actor and well liked and I am sorry he was killed. But, in 4 pages of posts on this thread, McKinneyOwnr was the first one to even mention the driver of the car. I'm on facebook a lot and most of last night and this morning, there was nothing but Paul Walker! Paul Walker! Paul Walker? Anybody thing that Mr. Rodas might have a family? If Paul was in the passenger seat, then SOMEbody had to be driving!
Don't start the insults against me about what I just said about Paul. I saw the first Fast and Furious and know he was a good actor and I read on here he had children. I AM sorry for the families loss. It's just that, even though Roger Rodas wasn't a well known person, he still has family that are hurting right now for their loss.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:41 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,255,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post

In a Porsche Carrera GT (or similar hypercars), it is entirely possible to do 45 to 55 and end up like that. You touch that thing at more than 30 mph and it is totaled. I learned the hard way with my old NSX. That's the joy of aluminum and/or carbon fiber monocoque. Fantastic for handling but the integrity is so compromised after collisions that it is mind-blowing. You make a collision at that speed around a pole or tree and something can easily ignite.

Yep.

Lamborghini Aventador Crash - Split in Half [VIDEO] - YouTube

Old 12-01-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
That's my bad. Looks like I misunderstood the meaning of the word.

Paul Walker was a great human being & it is truly saddening that this is how he left this world.
No no, I wasn't sensing any malice in your original post. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't communicating malice myself.

Bottom line for me is this: First and foremost, it's a tragedy. Period. Second, we all need to be careful. That's all.

Last edited by GarageLogic; 12-01-2013 at 05:17 PM..

Old 12-01-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
I was so shocked to see this headline this morning, and so sorry for his 15 year old daughter.

RIP, Paul. I had the biggest crush on him back in the early 2000s. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy.
Yeah that really sucks. It'd be a bit less tragic if I got killed in a car wreck. All my kids are grown & married. They want me around, of course, but don't really need me. Having a teenager at home is a different matter entirely.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:50 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,091,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post

It's not people shouldn't talk about speeding but people shouldn't mouth off before the results come back and even then it isn't always 100% because there will never be an account of how it happened. The people in the car won't say anything either.

This. It doesn't take much for these cars to fold. My uncle had a yellow '91 targa top and a wheel chunk from an 18-wheeler flew at him and smashed the entire bumper off, drove over and even caused frame damage (rt 22 NJ). My aunt was mad at him because she thought he was driving crazy (and the man was one of the slowest drivers of anybody in my life, to this day I do not know why he owned that car).

RIP to Mr. Walker. I never thought he was the greatest actor but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy some of his movies; and from some of the interviews he seemed down to earth.

Old 12-01-2013, 04:54 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Ugh.

I am not much into celebrities, but he seemed like a fresh-faced nice dude.
Stupid way to die that makes me angry. Driver could have taken another family out with him, too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive