Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 01:04 PM

259 posts, read 269,953 times

Advertisements

Oh you're considering the Forester too? If you're willing to go bigger, I would definitely consider the Mazda CX-5 as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 07:35 AM

155 posts, read 306,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeynutcocopuffs View Post
Oh you're considering the Forester too? If you're willing to go bigger, I would definitely consider the Mazda CX-5 as well.

I'm considering the forester because it's really not that much more than the CX-3. I feel like the CX-5 would even be more and I'm already at the tippy top of my budget with the forester.

Definitely still thinking. My problem is that I want the CX-3 but I won't buy it without the safety ratings and I have no idea when those will be in. I'm sure it's relatively safe but since safety is a big concern of mine, I can't just ignore that.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:05 PM

Ah, got it. Your rational decision-making is commendable, as opposed to many car buyers who are swayed by other factors. I agree with your reasoning that the CX-3 should be fairly safe, but I understand the hesitation.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeynutcocopuffs View Post
Ah, got it. Your rational decision-making is commendable, as opposed to many car buyers who are swayed by other factors. I agree with your reasoning that the CX-3 should be fairly safe, but I understand the hesitation.
If I weren't so rational I would probably buy the Soul, since I really love those hamster commercials! I've also started to see some deals on the 2015 Honda CR-V, so now that's in the mix too. I'm probably overthinking it, but I want to be sure I'm getting the best deal on something I will actually like.

Old 11-04-2015, 03:08 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,177,538 times
Btw you can also get a Costco membership and go through their car buying service and save some money.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomervilleCat View Post
If I weren't so rational I would probably buy the Soul, since I really love those hamster commercials! I've also started to see some deals on the 2015 Honda CR-V, so now that's in the mix too. I'm probably overthinking it, but I want to be sure I'm getting the best deal on something I will actually like.
What about those Subaru dog commercials? All that dog love.

Old 11-05-2015, 04:32 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,421,176 times
If you live in an area with lots of snow/road salt, I would stay away from Mazda. They are rust-prone. When I lived in the upper midwest, I would see 3-4 year old Mazdas driving around that had enough rust for a 10-12 year old car. Other than that, they're good cars though.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:21 PM

Thanks for the Mazda info. I've heard that from someone else too.

So just when I was getting ready to plunk down 24k for he forester, I go for another test drive in the soul and the salesperson makes me an insane offer. I've done the research and my only hesitation is that it's small and I feel a little less safe in an accident. On the upside though, I feel comfortable in it and it's not all that different from my civic so maybe it will be my gateway SUV.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:04 PM

734 posts, read 927,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomervilleCat View Post
Thanks for the Mazda info. I've heard that from someone else too.

So just when I was getting ready to plunk down 24k for he forester, I go for another test drive in the soul and the salesperson makes me an insane offer. I've done the research and my only hesitation is that it's small and I feel a little less safe in an accident. On the upside though, I feel comfortable in it and it's not all that different from my civic so maybe it will be my gateway SUV.

WHat about the Kia Sportage or Subaru Outback? I think these are just a little step up. My daughter just told me that if I get the Kia Soul, she would never ride in it. She said it looks like a box. The sales person did tell me that the Kia Optima gets better gas mileage than the Soul. Go figure.

Old 11-06-2015, 07:41 AM

The Kia Soul gives off a 1st gen Scion B vibe to me.

Tell you daughter you've gotten the Nissan Cube instead.

Personally I'd go Forester because of the space, awd, and ground clearance. It's got good reliability and handling too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive