Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 08:18 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,844,280 times

Advertisements

I have had two black cars and one midnight blue cars. All in South Florida(Miami). One of the black cars and the midnight blue one had grey cloth interior and gray interior throughout. Made the difference regarding cabin heat compared to the other black car which was black interior with seats being leather. Ouch! if wearing shorts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 08:22 AM

461 posts, read 509,527 times
I have a black car and I love it. It does get dusty but there is a thing called a California Duster that you dust the car with when it is dusty. I bought it at Wal-mart. I only have to wash it once a month or so.. and then just dust it now and then. Most of the time it is not dirty but dusty.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:23 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,356,034 times
People always tell me black is so difficult to keep clean. But I would never drive anything but a black car. It might be the LA influence in me. Drive around the nice parts of LA for a while. I grew up there. Basically all you will see is black German cars! Haha. Exaggeration obviously, but there are a lot of black German cars in LA. Even here in Louisville, almost every car with CA plates I see is a black German car. They get visibly dirtier easier, but when they're clean, nothing compares to how perfect they look.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:29 AM

570 posts, read 1,002,505 times
I have a black car now. I would want to have my windows tinted if I got another one, especially in the southwest.

Old 02-25-2016, 01:23 PM

410 posts, read 587,490 times
I have a love/hate with my black Volvo. Love it when it's clean, hate it when it's dirty... Which seems to be about 20 minutes after it's washed.

Never again.

Old 02-25-2016, 01:38 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,097,080 times
Never again I owned one while living in florida and in summer time you had better believe when I say that car was hotter than h*ll in the summer and you had to leave the windows down for a bit before getting in it and don't be wearing a skirt ouch !!! even on cloth seats ....

Old 02-25-2016, 05:56 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
People always tell me black is so difficult to keep clean. But I would never drive anything but a black car. It might be the LA influence in me. Drive around the nice parts of LA for a while. I grew up there. Basically all you will see is black German cars! Haha. Exaggeration obviously, but there are a lot of black German cars in LA. Even here in Louisville, almost every car with CA plates I see is a black German car. They get visibly dirtier easier, but when they're clean, nothing compares to how perfect they look.
Well it never rains in L.A. :P.....it's not just dust, black shows water spots and other annoying visual effects that rain/snow cause while driving in it. If I owned a garage and lived in L.A. I probably wouldn't be so hesitant to get a black car.

Old 02-25-2016, 06:00 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,878,178 times
All of my cars in the past 16 years have been black, I just love the way they look.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:03 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,356,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Well it never rains in L.A. :P.....it's not just dust, black shows water spots and other annoying visual effects that rain/snow cause while driving in it. If I owned a garage and lived in L.A. I probably wouldn't be so hesitant to get a black car.
Yeah but our air sucks. During fire season your black car gets covered in ashes. I live in Louisville now and park outside, but idk. It just looks so much better to me. I'm ok with it being dirty most of the time. It does get nasty when it snows and the salt and stuff is all over.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:28 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,256,227 times
I had a black car in the 60's and that was the last black car I ever wanted to own. I would say that if you can take the car to be waxed and washed a couple of times a week or are able to do it yourself, then black would be okay...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive