Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 08:28 PM

64 posts, read 49,896 times

Advertisements

Look, if you are moving to the right lane as soon as it's 'FREE', then really I don't even understand why are we arguing these last few pages?

As been said over and over already, that's ALL anyone is asking. And, I am PRETTY SURE I've already said that.

You MUST BE MISUNDERSTANDING me hugely if you think I meant anything else.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:53 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,766,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Dinyu View Post
Look, if you are moving to the right lane as soon as it's 'FREE', then really I don't even understand why are we arguing these last few pages?

As been said over and over already, that's ALL anyone is asking. And, I am PRETTY SURE I've already said that.

You MUST BE MISUNDERSTANDING me hugely if you think I meant anything else.
Can't speak for anybody else... but for me personally?

My beef is with entitled, self-important speeders tailgating in a benighted rage because I have no interest in moving right so that they may resume their NASCAR-fantasy.

I don't camp out in the left lane- I only pass. But seeings how I have no interest in exceeding (speed limit)+5... this may take a few minutes. And you WILL wait until I'm good and ready to move over into the right lane.

Feel free to speed all you like- I don't care. Not even a little bit. But I will NOT go out of my way to move over just so your oh-so-important-self can proceed at a speed that is equally illegal to any left-lane-camping that you may think I'm guilty of.

Go ahead and flash your lights... tailgate me. How's that workin' for ya'?

Old 03-21-2017, 09:38 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,231,553 times
Just get over the idea that if everyone else moved to the right, you would be in front. There will always be someone in front of you.

Because the earth is round and there are billions of cars on earth. We're all just going in circles, chasing each other around.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:41 PM

2,444 posts, read 2,762,929 times
Obviously, the correct answer is to make the speed limit 100 MPH, the minimum 65 MPH, and anyone caught doing less than the minimum is barred from driving for life.

That's a reasonable compromise, I think.

Old 03-21-2017, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Can't speak for anybody else... but for me personally?

My beef is with entitled, self-important speeders tailgating in a benighted rage because I have no interest in moving right so that they may resume their NASCAR-fantasy.

I don't camp out in the left lane- I only pass. But seeings how I have no interest in exceeding (speed limit)+5... this may take a few minutes. And you WILL wait until I'm good and ready to move over into the right lane.

Feel free to speed all you like- I don't care. Not even a little bit. But I will NOT go out of my way to move over just so your oh-so-important-self can proceed at a speed that is equally illegal to any left-lane-camping that you may think I'm guilty of.

Go ahead and flash your lights... tailgate me. How's that workin' for ya'?
Let me just make this very clear once again for you (for the FINAL time) - I DON'T DO that! When did I said I do that?

My advise to you is to STOP assuming things about other posters that they never said!

Obviously, you have a problem in this thread, that you are keep arguing about somethings none of us are even actually doing. (Well, at least not myself)

I CAN'T speak for others, but as I already said I personally never like to play games on the roads, I OPPOSE strongly on dangerous driving! And for the past few pages, It also seemed that nobody else are condoning dangerous driving behavior, either.

I think it's safe to say, dangerous drivers and those 'No-life drivers' like to play games on roads aren't as many as you people think at all. For the most part, it is the SLOWER drivers causing more danger than ANY faster drivers. Fast DOESN'T equal dangerous.

If you actually paid attention what I've posted, that's what I've said ALL along.

Have already said many times people like you don't even GET what I am REALLY arguing about, and you are keep focusing on a stupid aspect that nobody else is EVEN DOING. Just sad!

Last edited by Sub-Dinyu; 03-21-2017 at 11:18 PM..

Old 03-21-2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
I think it's safe to say, dangerous drivers and those 'No-life drivers' like to play games on roads aren't as many as you people think at all.
And for a fact, for the past 5+ years I have been out there on the roads.

100% of the time, there is ALWAYS a SLOW driver blocking the left lane. Could easily move over to the right (Right lane was EMPTY) but they still refused to move over.

BUT, on the other hand, Only MUCH LESS than 5% of the time I've seen another so-called DANGEROUS driver doing something like honking, flashing headlight or almost hit another car in front.

If it's anyone playing games, it's most times just like that "Red car" person in that video I posted yesterday, playing games... "I drive slow, unless you speed up and try to pass me, then I also speed up and won't let you pass"

Here is that video again -
https://youtu.be/rG_qhmW3E4A

Last edited by Sub-Dinyu; 03-21-2017 at 11:25 PM..

Old 03-21-2017, 11:08 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,766,671 times
Quote:
Let me just make this very clear once again for you (for the FINAL time) - I DON'T DO that! When did I said I do that?

My advise to you is to STOP assuming things about other posters that they never said!

Obviously, you have a problem in this thread, that you are keep arguing about somethings none of us are even actually doing. (Well, at least not myself)

I CAN'T speak for others, but as I already said I personally never like to play games on the roads, I OPPOSE strongly on dangerous driving! And for the past few pages, It also seemed that nobody else are condoning dangerous driving behavior, either.

I think it's safe to say, dangerous drivers and those 'No-life drivers' like to play games on roads aren't as many as you people think at all. For the most part, it is the SLOWER drivers more dangerous than ANY faster drivers. Fast DOESN'T equal dangerous.

If you actually paid attention what I've posted, that's what I've said ALL along.

Have already said many times people like you don't even GET what I am REALLY arguing about, and you are keep focusing on a stupid aspect that nobody else is EVEN DOING. Just sad!
I guess we have no problem then.

We'll part as fellows well-met! After you wait patiently for me to get around to moving into the right lane

Old 03-21-2017, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
I guess we have no problem then.

We'll part as fellows well-met! After you wait patiently for me to get around to moving into the right lane
Yeah, I am actually arguing a REAL PROBLEM that 100% exist ALL the time. Every day I encounter it. No days goes that I don't encounter it. On the other hand...

You don't need to be counter-argue a LESSER problem that definitely don't happen as much as you think it does! Once half year maybe I actually see a 'Dangerous' fast driver as you've described!

Old 03-22-2017, 06:12 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,041,607 times
Red face Not an insult........Sarcasm.......

Quote:

ralphfr, if we are on the SAME side, it's NOT nice at all (extremely sell out) to unreasonably insult me, for no reason. Are we not in agreement about slow drivers? I don't get why you had to insult me.

This all I will say.

I'm so sorry you were insulted Sub. I should have been more clear about the sarcasm. This was in response to TexasHorseLady's assumptions about the psychological state and size of the genitals of the people who drive over the speed limit. It was not a personal attack and I take full responsibility for the mix-up. I should have added the sarcasm emoticon and explained myself in that post. Again my sincerest apologies.

RALPHFR

Old 03-22-2017, 06:45 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,916,997 times
This discussion is not - or should not - be about speeding. The left lane is for passing. If a driver wants to pass a car then move into the left lane, pass the car and then move back to the right lane. I don't think anyone has a problem with that. The issue is when a driver sits in the left lane for miles and miles with nobody on his/her right effectively forcing other drivers to pass him/her on the right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive