Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2017, 07:43 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,018,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Dinyu View Post
Well...

WATCH THE VIDEO I just posted! This Red stupid car is mostly just HOLDING up traffic, going the same speed as the car in the right. She won't slow down, NOR speed up to move right.

Nobody CAN pass her or the other slow car to the right. UGH!!!

I don't like your red car example either. Run into that a lot. I agree they are not driving safely. That being said.......those types are not going away. they will always be there. Tolerance.........

Old 03-21-2017, 08:48 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,043,080 times
Question Laws, laws, laws, yada, yada, yada........

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Campfire, there is something you cannot honestly get around while calling OTHER people "Citizens on Patrol" (even when they have said, as I have, that I don't drive in the left lane unless passing or exiting left and am simply observing and commenting on the behavior of others).

If you, yourself, insist that other people MUST obey the slower traffic keep right or left lane for passing only law (in other words, drive the way you think they should and obey the law) while at the same time wanting this done so yuou can break the speed limit law, YOU are not only hypocritical but being a "Citizen on Patrol" about how other people drive.

So basically you're saying that on a 3 lane highway with a 55MPH speed limit, no one should be upset if there are 3 cars abreast, one in each lane doing 55MPH and holding other people up. Do you have any idea how that scenario would end in NY? Well NY is not a carry state but there are plenty of people with guns. Maybe I need a gun and Kevlar. Again be realistic. It's about courtesy, not laws.

You should be lobbying for enforcement of the current laws, not disparaging people for being annoyed when other people try to singlehandedly keep them from driving over the speed limit. Clearly law enforcement doesn't care if your over the speed limit or driving slowly in the passing lane. I'd be willing to bet that in most cases when someone gets a ticket for holding up the left lane it's because they're in the cops way. Again we're talking about the most obstinate left lane hogs here which though you yourself claim not to be are defending. Courtesy is contagious! Try it!

Old 03-21-2017, 08:48 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ION1010 View Post
Minnesota.

ohhhh, was that you? so sor---ry

Old 03-21-2017, 10:42 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,927,270 times
Where I live in Arizona, I drive I17 a lot between the Verde Valley and Phoenix. On each trip, you can guarantee that there will be half a dozen cars camped in the left lane and usually doing between 70mph and 75mph (speed limit is 75mph for most of the road).

This is not a real busy road after you get north of Anthem so there is no reason to drive on the left. Probably half of them will pull over into the right hand lane after being passed on the right. In other words, they are oblivious to the other traffic and clearly don't use their mirrors. The other half simply don't care about the other drivers on the road.

This is not a speeding issue no matter what the 'holier than thou' posters on here like to pretend. It really is a bad driving problem.

Old 03-21-2017, 10:56 AM

64 posts, read 49,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphfr View Post
Also Sub, I'm sorry you have psychological issues and tiny genitals. So sad.

ralphfr, if we are on the SAME side, it's NOT nice at all (extremely sell out) to unreasonably insult me, for no reason. Are we not in agreement about slow drivers? I don't get why you had to insult me.

This all I will say.

Last edited by Sub-Dinyu; 03-21-2017 at 11:18 AM..

Old 03-21-2017, 10:58 AM

2,360 posts, read 1,916,278 times
haha ya got left lane blockers, and we got people who refuse to use the turning lanes here in austin.. they think its a passing lane instead of turning.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
Speed does not always equal being unsafe just like talking on a cell phone while driving isn't always unsafe either. The common denominator is the person behind the wheel and whether or not they are capable of doing so safely by how focused they are on the task at hand.

I see people speeding all the time, utilizing blinkers, making calculated moves, two hands on the wheel, etc. whereas I see even more people going at or below the speed limit on their phones, cutting people off, swerving, etc. But the speeder is the dangerous one? ugh

I don't understand why people are intimidated by speeders, unless of course they are doing so aggressively and in that case I don't agree with them either but if I am above the speed limit on the highway and someone appears to be approaching me at a faster rate of speed than I am going I move over and let them pass. You need to be aware of your surroundings. No one in this scenario is entitled, its called being courteous to each other. Until someone is driving like an Ahole, there is no reason to be one to them.

EXACTLY. Speed does not equal unsafe, at all!

See I agree with those who agree with me on the same thing.

I really don't understand why some people had to sell me out/insult me while we agree on the same thing?

Old 03-21-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I don't like your red car example either. Run into that a lot. I agree they are not driving safely. That being said.......those types are not going away. they will always be there. Tolerance.........
Nope.

Clearly I am in full agreement with the person posted that video, that type of drivers (in the red car) just SUCK and are the worst on roads!

The best example of bad driving is this type, always creating traffic jams without even any road work or accidents happening you have traffic jams and even road rages BECAUSE of drivers like that.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:11 AM

1,218 posts, read 3,472,570 times
I probably passed about 30 left lane blocking morons on my way to work today, felt great gave them a nice downshift as I blew by them as well

Old 03-21-2017, 11:12 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,835,606 times
Left lane blockers are IMO just one step above child molesters and murders on the social totem pole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive