Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2017, 07:37 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,018,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Dinyu View Post
Sadly, it's those slow drivers insist being slow on the left lane and NEVER will change that just SUCK!

If you get this worked up on a forum.......whats it like when your behind the wheel........?

Old 03-20-2017, 08:13 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
worse than the left lane blockers are the aneurysms-to-be, getting all frothy mouthed at having to wait behind them

Old 03-20-2017, 08:15 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,416,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
worse than the left lane blockers are the aneurysms-to-be, getting all frothy mouthed at having to wait behind them
Exactly.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:17 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,416,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I don't..... unless the person who's wanting to pass is being an ***** about it.

If they come right up on me, tailgating and flashing their lights before I even have a chance to move over, or worse....if I can't move over without slowing down.... then they're the one being the obnoxious lane hog.

I find that it's often this type who usually complains the loudest about "left lane hoggers".

But, I move over for them too eventually.....

And sometimes you get the bonus of waiving at them a few miles down the road when they've been pulled over.

Yes. Sometimes they do, by being obnoxious and dangerous, get me to move over faster when I'm passing when I know that the cops are doing their usual hanging out down the road a little ways.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:02 AM

7,649 posts, read 4,603,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I created a thread a year or two ago about this exact phenomenon: someone camping in left lane, and then accelerating when you try to pass on the right.

You really have to wonder about what is going on in someone's head when they do this.
What I've noticed is that black sedan livery people love to sit in the left lane and cruise, because it gives their client a nice smooth ride, while everyone else can just die. Seems the other big culprit are people that probably were driving faster, but then got distracted by their cell phone.

I can't explain what a pleasure it was to drive in Germany. People drive the speed they want, and the left lane stays open except in gridlock, for people to pass. On smaller windy roads in the mountains, there's quick turnout areas where slower traffic will actually pull over to allow faster traffic to pass when there's a line of cars behind it. Truly an amazing driving culture.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:33 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,765,622 times
I was driving to work this morning, going maybe 80MPH, which is about the flow of traffic on 635 fairly early. There was a lady in a Honda just sitting in the left-hand lane, going 65, backing up everyone while they searched for a way to get around her amidst all of the trucks going 65.5MPH. It was very frustrating, so as soon as the opportunity presented itself, I moved to the middle lane and floored it to go around her. However, this thread reminded me of the importance of being right no matter what, so instead of just passing her, I rammed her car until I forced her off the road. Then I set fire to her car and drove off. I feel like I've done my civic duty for today.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:13 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,043,080 times
Talking ???????????????????????????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
I was driving to work this morning, going maybe 80MPH, which is about the flow of traffic on 635 fairly early. There was a lady in a Honda just sitting in the left-hand lane, going 65, backing up everyone while they searched for a way to get around her amidst all of the trucks going 65.5MPH. It was very frustrating, so as soon as the opportunity presented itself, I moved to the middle lane and floored it to go around her. However, this thread reminded me of the importance of being right no matter what, so instead of just passing her, I rammed her car until I forced her off the road. Then I set fire to her car and drove off. I feel like I've done my civic duty for today.

I'm just curious. How did that make you feel?

Old 03-20-2017, 12:05 PM

64 posts, read 49,944 times
We have some misunderstand here, it seems. Or I don't know, maybe some of you are intentionally act like you don't understand?

NO ONE is saying you should kill yourself or anything like that to be considerate to another driver.

Mainly, if there are a lot of traffic to the right lane for you to move over at that time, of course you can wait, until it's clear first. Then you move over immediately.

ALL anyone can expect is you don't just drive slow and insist to stay in the left lane for miles, regardless FASTER drivers are behind you and nobody else is to your right (so you CAN safely MOVE OVER). Just MOVE OVER once the right lane is all clear or clearly has a huge gap for you to not get hit in anyway!

Otherwise, there is really no need to argue on you can't move over until the right lane is clear.

Last edited by Sub-Dinyu; 03-20-2017 at 12:25 PM..

Old 03-20-2017, 12:07 PM

64 posts, read 49,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
If you get this worked up on a forum.......whats it like when your behind the wheel........?

Looks like you didn't bother to read what I posted at all. Or intentionally not trying to understand.

Here, I will link it for you to read AGAIN - //www.city-data.com/forum/47545750-post254.html

Old 03-20-2017, 12:10 PM

467 posts, read 353,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailCT View Post
Here in New England this behavior is all around but most notably exhibited by cars with Massachusetts plates, hence the "Mass. block." New Jeresy drivers are pretty bad as well! LOL
I disagree. MA is not the worst state in the union for left-lane lollygagging. However, it is one of the worst, or the worst, for left-lane tailgating. As a result, slow travelers in the left lane stick out more, because some (not all) MA drivers would rather attempt to intimidate from the rear, rather than just pass on the right.

Just to keep our definitions straight, two car lengths at 80mph is not tailgating (in MA). One car length at 80mph without flashing brights at the offender is considered a courteous hint. One car length and flashing lights is a request to pass, while half a car length or less is considered by the sensitive to be tailgating. Strangely enough, we do not have the 70-to-80-car pileups that used to be common in CA. I still don't fully understand that. Perhaps we have (technically) better drivers, even though their judgment is obviously lacking.

The sane driver keeps about a dozen carlengths between himself and the idiots. He will frequently have people move to in front of him, and will slow down as necessary to maintain a proper interval. Contrary to many ill-informed reports, he will NOT end up driving backwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive