Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2017, 01:14 PM

64 posts, read 49,974 times

Advertisements

Again, you are talking about UNSAFE driving. I am talking about just driving fast naturally. We are NOT talking about the same thing and both aren't the same by definition nor by logic! I can drive fast, without in anyway causing accidents or harm to others at all if they co-operate with me and move out of my way then I don't believe anything will happen, now or ever. I don't play games on the roads nor try to compete! I am ABSOLUTELY AGAINST this myself. I have NO intention to hit you, intimidate you, shoot/kill you, or just try to get in front of you cuz I want to be a "faster driver than you" or anything as such immature crap.

Otherwise, you may need to grasp "Driving fast and unsafe driving" just AREN'T the same whatsoever! There are SAFE FAST drivers, and there are UNSAFE fast drivers, both aren't the same!

Driving fast is actually SAFER!

Last edited by Sub-Dinyu; 03-16-2017 at 01:31 PM..

Old 03-16-2017, 01:38 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,790,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Dinyu View Post
Same elsewhere. Thanks to all you selfish SLOW drivers, I HATE driving now! Least favorite thing to do, period.

This country are just filled with selfish slow drivers think they have a right to block faster drivers, and not be considerate to other drivers, unfortunately. People can't even go fast in the left lane now. I would rather take public transportation if we even have a good one here (but we don't). :/

How in the world did you work up so much anger over me saying that I hope the OP's doc appointment went well and that I don't like driving through Atlanta? (There are many other places I don't love traveling through, but since the OP was speaking specifically of Atlanta...)

I never take up residence in the left lane. I pass and get over immediately. Hope that helps quell the rage.

Old 03-16-2017, 01:50 PM

If you aren't a slow driver on the left lane, then my angry comments really don't apply to you. But it's the same everywhere, when you have slow drivers block the left lane, then traffic EVERY where is horrible no matter which city, that's the bottom line.

Old 03-16-2017, 01:53 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,790,352 times
Quote:
If you aren't a slow driver on the left lane, then my angry comments really don't apply to you.
Oh, okay. I guess it was confusing since you chose to quote me in your response. I was wondering how my comment was so misconstrued.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:05 PM

Bottom line, the key to have a safe driving is to allow a free flow of traffic, regardless of speed. The moment that there is a block by a slow driver on the left lane (who refuses to move over), THAT is when it becomes unsafe!

Speed (NOT reckless driving), has NOTHING to do with safety.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:33 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,679,819 times
Quote:
Again, you are talking about UNSAFE driving. I am talking about just driving fast naturally. We are NOT talking about the same thing and both aren't the same by definition nor by logic! I can drive fast, without in anyway causing accidents or harm to others at all if they co-operate with me and move out of my way then I don't believe anything will happen, now or ever. I don't play games on the roads nor try to compete! I am ABSOLUTELY AGAINST this myself. I have NO intention to hit you, intimidate you, shoot/kill you, or just try to get in front of you cuz I want to be a "faster driver than you" or anything as such immature crap.

Otherwise, you may need to grasp "Driving fast and unsafe driving" just AREN'T the same whatsoever! There are SAFE FAST drivers, and there are UNSAFE fast drivers, both aren't the same!

Driving fast is actually SAFER!
Here's the rub involved in your assertions, you seem to see yourself as the lone driver out there with respect to this discussion. I'm specifically speaking to, and about, the people who are overdriving their skill level or the condition of their vehicle, or traffic and weather conditions, period, and-- as an unpleasant reminder, driving isn't about what "we" want as individuals. And NO, driving fast isn't safer, and in fact is unanimously viewed by law enforcement as an unacceptable solution to your need to be somewhere that you didn't allow enough time for..

Driving is a shared situation, and we all know the drill of being tailgated by the impatient who have somehow personally established totally different speed level standards in order to make up for not giving oneself the necessary time to travel. Traffic engineering isn't an exact science, but, it does allow for an explanation of the why's of speed limits and the need to stay within reasonable range of them. Merging, exiting, disparate speeds of unlike vehicles (trucks) etc. There is no such thing as "driving fast naturally," and most are well aware of the fact that driving at three AM would be the ideal time of traffic loads, but we also know how stupid that is to entertain as a constant possibility.

That's the truth that you seem to be unwilling to accept, and, you will be forever pissed over that fact..If you live in a metro area of any American city you will not be able to go very fast without catching up to the next flow pattern and again, begin to maneuver around that pack on to the next pack, an altogether unsustainable picture of a nice relaxing and civil time on the road.

Also, as a qualifier you might state for the rest of us what speed you think is safer than that which is spelled out in state's limits. I speed up (7-10) to pass, often enough, but then take to the right and go with the flow. Traffic/highway engineering norms are set to an inclusive level of usage and certainly not for the needs of individual drivers. This fact is so inconvenient for some people, but it is the reality of it that causes so much raging on the highways. I'll add that you will never get the other guy's perspective until you see your own as something that just doesn't fit with the modern day reality of US traffic turmoil. Slow down and see the difference it makes, more relaxing, and much safer..

Old 03-16-2017, 02:42 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,420,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphfr View Post
Horse Lady/Biker Chick is painting with a pretty broad brush. The fact is anyone in the left lane not moving right to let faster traffic pass is breaking the law first. Their job is not to assume a reason someone is speeding or to control/regulate traffic so I totally disagree with labeling this hypocrisy. No civilian has the right to deem unlawful the reason a person may be speeding. It's just inconsiderate at the highest degree. Just move right at the earliest convenience and let other drivers pass when necessary. Thank you! SHEEEESH!
Not if they are driving the speed limit. If they are driving the speed limit and someone comes zooming up behind them in ANY lane (the speed limit exists in the left lane as well), then the person who NEEEEDDDSSS them to move over so they can pass is already breaking the law.

At that point, yes, they should move over, especially if they know the cops hang out up ahead, to let the speed addict by.

No civilian NEEDS to deem unlawful the reason a person may be speeding. The speed limit does not say "70 mph UNLESS x, y, or z reason" (well, it does, but it only says that you should drive LOWER than the posted speed limit if conditions require, not faster). It says the limit is 70 mph. You are, by definition, unlawful if you drive faster than that. Which is fine, but unless you admit that you are the one causing the problem by your decision that the speed limit does not apply to you for some reason known only to your Mommy, then you are not mature enough to have a driver's license. Admit that and you MIGHT be competent enough to drive at the speeds you find so necessary to your manhood. Maybe.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:43 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,420,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
Well....................does anyone need more evidence of immaturity as a factor impinging upon roadway safety??
Nope. Every single post emphasizes the lack of maturity.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:46 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,718,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I created a thread a year or two ago about this exact phenomenon: someone camping in left lane, and then accelerating when you try to pass on the right.

You really have to wonder about what is going on in someone's head when they do this.
Just happened yesterday, someone was on left lane doing 45, so I got around the car at around 55 then as I start pulling the car suddenly sped up and kept pace with me up to 67 then the car decided not to and I got in front of it. The guy pulled his high beams basically acknowledging his displeasure.

I don't get why he bother to sped up I have no intention of getting into it. I know some folks may have bad days and so do I but I never get mad at someone pulling on me.

Old 03-16-2017, 03:01 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,092,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
Here's the rub involved in your assertions, you seem to see yourself as the lone driver out there with respect to this discussion. I'm specifically speaking to, and about, the people who are overdriving their skill level or the condition of their vehicle, or traffic and weather conditions, period, and-- as an unpleasant reminder, driving isn't about what "we" want as individuals. And NO, driving fast isn't safer, and in fact is unanimously viewed by law enforcement as an unacceptable solution to your need to be somewhere that you didn't allow enough time for..

Driving is a shared situation, and we all know the drill of being tailgated by the impatient who have somehow personally established totally different speed level standards in order to make up for not giving oneself the necessary time to travel. Traffic engineering isn't an exact science, but, it does allow for an explanation of the why's of speed limits and the need to stay within reasonable range of them. Merging, exiting, disparate speeds of unlike vehicles (trucks) etc. There is no such thing as "driving fast naturally," and most are well aware of the fact that driving at three AM would be the ideal time of traffic loads, but we also know how stupid that is to entertain as a constant possibility.

That's the truth that you seem to be unwilling to accept, and, you will be forever pissed over that fact..If you live in a metro area of any American city you will not be able to go very fast without catching up to the next flow pattern and again, begin to maneuver around that pack on to the next pack, an altogether unsustainable picture of a nice relaxing and civil time on the road.

Also, as a qualifier you might state for the rest of us what speed you think is safer than that which is spelled out in state's limits. I speed up (7-10) to pass, often enough, but then take to the right and go with the flow. Traffic/highway engineering norms are set to an inclusive level of usage and certainly not for the needs of individual drivers. This fact is so inconvenient for some people, but it is the reality of it that causes so much raging on the highways. I'll add that you will never get the other guy's perspective until you see your own as something that just doesn't fit with the modern day reality of US traffic turmoil. Slow down and see the difference it makes, more relaxing, and much safer..
If you speed 7-10 when passing and then slow down, I can guarantee, you are not going with the flow. I have never seen anywhere where the flow of traffic doesn't move at least 7-10 over the speed limit, when traffic conditions allow. People drive that fast even around cop cars. So you are just traveling the same speed as the traffic in the right lane, maybe slower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive