Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2017, 11:14 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,043,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Sub-Dinyu, having been a biker chick back in the day who hung out with people who not only actually raced cars and motorcycles and who took vehicles to the Bonneville Salt Flats to attempt the world land speed record (and drove extremely conservatively on public roads because they knew they were sharing those roads with people of varying degrees of skill and vehicles with varying degrees of condition, and because they had absolutely nothing to "prove"), I have no problem with speed. I don't even have a real problem with speeding as long as the speeder acknowledges that they are making a decision to violate the law and that to complain about anyone else violating any traffic law is hypocrisy in the extreme, and that are mature enough to take responsibility for the predictable consequences of their own actions. The things you say do not qualify for any of those but sound more like something someone who feels they DO have something to prove and doesn't care at all about the danger they are putting others in would say.

No one makes you speed. No one makes you swerve in and out of traffic if your gratification of speeding is delayed for a few minutes. No one makes you drive recklessly. All of that is on you, and you need to grow up enough to admit that if you think you are qualified for a driver's license.

You might find this analysis of the sainted Autobahn interesting. In particular look at the statistics.
Horse Lady/Biker Chick is painting with a pretty broad brush. The fact is anyone in the left lane not moving right to let faster traffic pass is breaking the law first. Their job is not to assume a reason someone is speeding or to control/regulate traffic so I totally disagree with labeling this hypocrisy. No civilian has the right to deem unlawful the reason a person may be speeding. It's just inconsiderate at the highest degree. Just move right at the earliest convenience and let other drivers pass when necessary. Thank you! SHEEEESH!

Old 03-16-2017, 11:35 AM

64 posts, read 49,996 times
Let's talk about hypocrisy - Is it not Hypocrisy that you also hate to be on the right lane behind SLOWER than you drivers so you drive on the left lane because of that? You still NEED to move over to the right lane though, if you can NOT handle FASTER than you drivers on the left! Or are you seriously controlling other drivers speed?!

You can NOT be hypocrite/selfish about it like "I am faster than those on the right so all the people faster than me on the left has to suffer"! You may be faster than many on the right, but it is still necessary for you to be considerate that you AREN'T faster than many people on the left! Those MUCH faster than you folks will suffer 100X WORSE than how you feel that you dislike be behind a slower than you driver on the right! 100 TIMES WORSE mark my words! You don't know or understand how these drivers feel, is exactly why you are NOT considerate!

As the good & wise quote said "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen" So "If you CAN'T drive fast enough than the people behind you, MOVE OUT from the left lane! It's NOT your place to be!"

Last edited by Sub-Dinyu; 03-16-2017 at 11:49 AM..

Old 03-16-2017, 12:26 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,679,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Dinyu View Post
I am pretty sure everyone who speeds know they may getting a speed ticket if get caught by cop, so why are you so worried about them if they don't care to get a ticket themselves? JUST YIELD!!!

(I can also tell you I have NEVER gotten a speed ticket in 10+ years! Times are changing, cops are going after slow drivers more now instead of faster drivers!)

YEILDING to faster drivers is consideration for others! You gotta be considerate at every facet of life.

Plus, [bleep] does maturity and drive fast have to do with each other, at all? You are being very irrational here trying to connect 2 things that have absolutely nothing to do with each other whatsoever!

I really do not play games, trying to prove anything on the roads, [bleep] I am totally against this mentality myself. I ONLY want to get to my destination as fast as I can, and trying to be as safe as I can. Which both CAN be achieved if other drivers are considerate and co-operate. That's all it is, nothing else. If you think there is anything else to that, then it's you are being the immature one and you GROW UP.
Well....................does anyone need more evidence of immaturity as a factor impinging upon roadway safety??

Old 03-16-2017, 12:37 PM

You are CONFUSING roadway safety with driving fast!

Driving fast is not UN-safety (immaturity)!!! Nothing to do with each other at all, period.

Really, NOBODY else but you cares that you obey the traffic law, you follow a STUPID human construct (Speed Limit) as if doing anything else means you are not a good person... frankly IMO it is being INCONSIDERATE that is the most obvious sign that you aren't good person. That you are just a hypocrite!! GOOD people are also considerate, period.

Last edited by Sub-Dinyu; 03-16-2017 at 12:47 PM..

Old 03-16-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphfr View Post
Horse Lady/Biker Chick is painting with a pretty broad brush. The fact is anyone in the left lane not moving right to let faster traffic pass is breaking the law first. Their job is not to assume a reason someone is speeding or to control/regulate traffic so I totally disagree with labeling this hypocrisy. No civilian has the right to deem unlawful the reason a person may be speeding. It's just inconsiderate at the highest degree. Just move right at the earliest convenience and let other drivers pass when necessary. Thank you! SHEEEESH!

SHEEEESH! is absolutely right!

Old 03-16-2017, 12:47 PM

15,436 posts, read 25,829,503 times
Quote:
Let's talk about hypocrisy - Is it not Hypocrisy that you also hate to be on the right lane behind SLOWER than you drivers so you drive on the left lane because of that? You still NEED to move over to the right lane though, if you can NOT handle FASTER than you drivers on the left! Or are you seriously controlling other drivers speed?!

You can NOT be hypocrite/selfish about it like "I am faster than those on the right so all the people faster than me on the left has to suffer"! You may be faster than many on the right, but it is still necessary for you to be considerate that you AREN'T faster than many people on the left! Those MUCH faster than you folks will suffer 100X WORSE than how you feel that you dislike be behind a slower than you driver on the right! 100 TIMES WORSE mark my words! You don't know or understand how these drivers feel, is exactly why you are NOT considerate!

As the good & wise quote said "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen" So "If you CAN'T drive fast enough than the people behind you, MOVE OUT from the left lane! It's NOT your place to be!"
I am, or was on your side, but this post confuses me about what you are arguing. If someone is in the left while passing others, they are doing nothing wrong. When they have completes their pass they should then move right. You seem to be saying that they are wrong if they are not going as fast as you would like them to go. That's taken the argument too far. They don't have to go as fast as you. All they need to do is go reasonably faster than traffic on the right, and then merge right when it is safe to do so. If you're going faster, you're going to have to slow and wait until they can safely merge over. That's called sharing the road. Neither you, nor they, get to dictate speed..

Last edited by dkf747; 03-16-2017 at 12:56 PM..

Old 03-16-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I am, or was on your side, but this post confuses me about what you are arguing. If someone is in the left lhile passing others, they are doing nothing wrong. When they have complete their pass they tshould then move right. You seem to be saying that they are wrong if they are not going as fast as you would like them to go. That's taken the argument too far. They don't have to go as fast as you. All they need to do is go reasonably faster than traffic on the right, and then merge right when it is safe to do so. If you're going faster, you're going to have to slow and wait until they can safely merge over. That's called shareing the road. Neither you, nor they, get to dictate speed..

I am talking about the SLOW people that stay in the left lane, and won't move to the right lane when those faster are behind them (and it IS safe for them to do so)!

Old 03-16-2017, 12:54 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,790,352 times
I hope your doctor appointment went well, at least!

Driving through Atlanta area is one of my least favorite things in the whole world to do.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I hope your doctor appointment went well, at least!

Driving through Atlanta area is one of my least favorite things in the whole world to do.
Same elsewhere. Thanks to all you selfish SLOW drivers, I HATE driving now! Least favorite thing to do, period.

This country are just filled with selfish slow drivers think they have a right to block faster drivers, and not be considerate to other drivers, unfortunately. People can't even go fast in the left lane now. I would rather take public transportation if we even have a good one here (but we don't). :/

Last edited by Sub-Dinyu; 03-16-2017 at 01:10 PM..

Old 03-16-2017, 01:10 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,679,819 times
Quote:
You are CONFUSING roadway safety with driving fast!

Driving fast is not UN-safety (immaturity)!!! Nothing to do with each other at all, period.
Where I live, the freeways are usually pretty damned crowded, that in itself is a BIG clue as to what we all should be cognizant of during our time on the road. I drive faster than the limit when I feel the best plan is to be "going with the flow." And yes, I use the lt lane for passing others, but--I don't let anger determine my state of mind while behind the wheel. I'm not blinded to the fact of road rage being exacerbated somewhat by slow traffic in the lt lane, but again--just slowing down and realizing that these roads are PUBLIC constructs, and therefore subject to all the annoying aspects of anything that requires a public sharing really helps.

Here In Wa state, the freeways have become a dangerous place to be and that really gets to me, as I used to love to road trip. Here the left lane is always occupied by people who perceive this lane to be something of a sacred place for those who feel the laws don't apply to them. In the most congested areas they are going like hell and following too close. I'm usually in the center lane if possible for the same reason truckers use this lane, not wanting to have to be in the far right in an exit only lane or worse, be in front of those who have developed the habit of driving way too fast in the RIGHT lane only to begin their "strategy" of circumventing traffic in order to buzz over to the fast lane, across all lanes of traffic. That is all in the realm of the need for speed, period.

I'd be the first to agree that those who putt in the Lt lane seem to be suffering a kind of wannabe police mentality, I've seen it too many times not to know it exists. But, that is the reality of the human aspect of driving, we are surrounded by nuts who go too fast, nuts who want to be policing others, and the bad nuts who use their car as a weapon of intimidation, not to mention the proliferation of guns being flashed as a warning to others. On secondary roads, the distracted drivers are a real pain, but on the freeways we see the over the top speeding and resulting tailgating as the primary threat. All I know is that I'm sick and tired of all the games being played out on our highways. The Washington State Patrol issued their core points relating to what they would be ramping up, on enforcement:

"
Vehicle & Driver · Road Rage & Aggressive Driving

"Aggressive Driving Apprehension TeamWSP's Aggressive Driving Apprehension Team (ADAT) program is a proactive effort to locate and arrest those drivers who drive aggressively. The ADAT program uses unmarked/unconventional police vehicles equipped with mobile video cameras to detect and apprehend aggressive drivers, which is one of the Field Operations Bureau's four Core Missions:
Reduce DUI's
Reduce incidents of aggressive driving
Reduce incidents of dangerous speeding
Increase seat belt compliance"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive