Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2017, 09:46 AM

64 posts, read 49,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
That's because most of them are too stupid to realize who they are or what they are doing.

Most slow drivers that hog the left lane, just DON'T care or have a sense of consideration for other people.

They are TOO selfish, and do whatever they feel like to only satisfy themselves, don't care about others! :/

Old 03-15-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTroy View Post
Do tell me you are joking. Do tell me you have common sense.

I am sure most of us (if not all) have encountered another person whose driving just aggravates us. It is frustrating. I understand that. It seems to simple enough to slam on the brakes and teach em a lesson. You drive away laughing and the poor sap is left on the side of the road with a damaged radiator. But there are other factors that can be out of your control. What happens if the other driver swerves to avoid you and hits another vehicle? What happens if the person or people in both vehicles gets injured or even killed because of your action? The police and the courts are not going to except your "teach em a lesson" brake checking.

You need to grow up if you are not joking.
YES, STOP with the competition and games when driving. It's immature and dangerous!

Old 03-15-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
It's hard to admit this, but as a whole, American drivers suck. The American driver is only concerned with himself and that's it. Nothing else matters. It's like there is a bubble around them. Unaware and unconcerned about anything outside of that bubble.
Ditto

Old 03-15-2017, 10:55 AM

15,421 posts, read 9,088,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
What does that have to do with anything? An animal could be in the right lane. An animal in traffic is problematic regardless of what lane I'm in.

If it takes me 15 minutes to pass cars that's what it takes. This is quite common on I 24 in and out of Chattanooga. Truckers all in the right lane doing 60 pulling grades while I'm doing 75 in the left lane. I don't have to do 60 just because the person behind me wants to do 80. I'll move into the right lane when I can, and maintain speed.
It has to do with, when you are hemmed in by other traffic (i.e. passing), you have no room to maneuver. If an animal runs in front of you, you can't swerve around it without hitting other vehicles. You are also at risk of a collision, if one of the vehicles you are passing, suddenly intrudes into your lane. The other vehicles also block your view of potentially dangerous situations. You are also at risk of a road rage driver behind you, who is fed up with your blocking the left lane, ramming your vehicle (as shown in one above posted video), or worse yet shooting at you.

Driving becomes so easy when you break out of the primitive herd mentality, and learn how to stay away from other vehicles.

Old 03-15-2017, 11:02 AM

15,436 posts, read 25,826,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
It's hard to admit this, but as a whole, American drivers suck. The American driver is only concerned with himself and that's it. Nothing else matters. It's like there is a bubble around them. Unaware and unconcerned about anything outside of that bubble.

I spent 2 weeks driving over 2000 miles in Spain this past summer. It was such a delight. First of all, cruise control is rarely even offered on cars in Europe. People drive a speed necessary for the situation. They never drive in the left lane unless passing. They speed up to pass so that if someone behind is going faster, they won't be held up. Also, they are aware of their surroundings. If they come up on a car they need to pass, they check their mirror first. If someone is coming up on them, they slow and wait for them to pass before they pull out and pass. Then they speed up, pass quickly and get back over.
I do all of that and I am an American. Of course, I do agree with you. Many of those American drivers proudly post about their selfishness here.

Old 03-15-2017, 04:05 PM

1,591 posts, read 2,409,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats234 View Post
I agree with your points but you shouldn't have brake checked... She probably has bad reaction time and someone similar to her will end up in your back bumper

Why didn't you pass on the right as soon as you had the chance?
This is why I prefer the handbrake. It doesn't trigger the brake lights.
Sociopath left lane bandit meets sociopath with suicidal tendencies. Darwinism at it's finest

Old 03-15-2017, 05:02 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,338,414 times
I hate left lane slow draggers, they want to drive at 50mph when traffic is flowing at 65mph, but the second you try to get around them they'll floor it to 70mph+. The people here really have an issue with people getting in front of them, even if they're switching lanes to exit the highway. They just live to speed up and block you. I've even had semi's race alongside me at 70mph to stop me from coming over into their lane.

I really try my best to avoid all roadway shenanigans: Tailgating, "pack" driving, constant lane switchers, constant break slammers, overly distracted drivers, semi's, police, etc. I get far away from all of them.

Old 03-15-2017, 06:26 PM

604 posts, read 653,795 times
Only mentally sick people try to police the road by driving on left lane and purposely preventing other drivers to pass them.
Police should be more aggressive with these idiots who create traffic and accidents.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
they want to drive at 50mph when traffic is flowing at 65mph, but the second you try to get around them they'll floor it to 70mph+. The people here really have an issue with people getting in front of them

These selfish MORON drivers have caused me to HATE driving so much last years!!! I drive MUCH less due to this reason! BUT WHY SHOULD IT BE ME?! I AM THE LEAST OF TRAFFIC PROBLEMS!!! WHY can't you *******S just MOVE OVER? DON'T go out if you hate to be on the right lanes, nor can you drive fast on the left lane.

We DON'T WANT YOU OUT!!! Sit your selfish ass at home, PLEASE!!!

Last edited by Sub-Dinyu; 03-15-2017 at 08:20 PM..

Old 03-15-2017, 09:49 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,420,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Dinyu View Post
I agree with you about games, it NEEDS to STOP! BUT NO, speeding is not the #1 reasons for wrecks.

Failure of slow drivers to move over, Road rage, and impeding flow of traffic has to be the biggest reason! Speeders can NOT cause accidents, if they can drive thru at the speed without being suddenly blocked by a slow ass driver
You wanting that to be the reason because it feeds into your preferred world view of "I wanna speed!" does not make it so.

From everything I can find doing a lot of research, distracted driving (cell phones, food, make-up, anything but driving) is the leading cause of accidents, with speeding running a close second. (If you are going too fast, you don't have as much time to react, AND you take longer to even be able to stop once you have reacted - pesky old laws of physics, you know.)

Speed also increases fatalities in accidents that, if they occurred at a lower rate of speed, would not be fatal though there would be injuries.

"Speeding is one of the most prevalent factors contributing to traffic crashes and at a tremendous cost. NHTSA estimates that the annual economic cost to society
of speeding-related crashes is $40.4 billion." NHTSA

Seems that YOU are the one who does not care about others but just want to feed your speed addiction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive